Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/05/...ess-secretary/

Keep this on the DL, but Biden just announced Karine Jean-Pierre as the new Press Secretary to replace Psaki.

Jean-Pierre is eminently qualified for the position, and currently serving as a deputy press secretary. And also happens to be a Black lesbian, being both the first Black press secretary and the first openly LGBTQ+ secretary apparently.

Republicans are gonna lose their god-damned minds.
    Republicans will lose their minds at the same rate liberals will lose theirs when someone criticizes how she does her job or something she says and liberals defend it with "you're homophobic, you're racist". It is the most common refrain used here on this message board.

Why is no one upset that people are doxxing supreme court justices and protesting them? How upset would this board be if conservatives had done this for gay marriage? The Biden administration seems to think it is okay to hassle justices, at least, that is what their press secretary says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The Biden administration seems to think it is okay to hassle justices, at least, that is what their press secretary says.
    You clearly don't understand English very well if you think that's what she said.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Republicans will lose their minds at the same rate liberals will lose theirs when someone criticizes how she does her job or something she says and liberals defend it with "you're homophobic, you're racist". It is the most common refrain used here on this message board.
    At least you've got your pre-emptive outrage for this locked and loaded just in case.

Why is no one upset that people are doxxing supreme court justices and protesting them?
    Excuse me? I'm honestly searching for some proof of this and I'm struggling, dude. I see Fox claiming that the addresses were leaked and that there were protesters outside their homes, and that some "group" (no link to the group, unfortunately) was involved. I see it's been picked up by The Blaze, The Federalist, and Daily Mail as well so far...not exactly the paragons of credible reporting.

Fox's reporting includes no details, just vague allegations - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lib...-justice-homes
    Federalist reports that apparently people are being bribed - https://thefederalist.com/2022/05/05...ustices-homes/

Though they at least link to the site supposedly organizing this. Based on their social media presence it seems just about nobody would even be aware of this (2.1K followers ain't a lot of reach). It then links this supposed "serious" protest to a number of protests that are being planned in cities and not attempting to target the Justices home.

The Blaze links to some taken down social media posts, and I'm skeptical 6 Justices live within walking distance as the supposed "Walk-By-Wednesday" protest claims they will be doing - https://www.theblaze.com/news/scotus...osted-protests

And actually, the daily mail piece is about anti-abortion protesters outside of Alito's home protesting in support of the draft - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...side-home.html

Though I'll note I treat it with the same credibility I treat the Fox, Federalist, and The Blaze reports with. In that I don't believe any of them are remotely serious. I'm sure a group claimed to have doxxed them. I'm sure they're planning a totes real protest. That doesn't mean any of it is actually true.

The Biden administration seems to think it is okay to hassle justices, at least, that is what their press secretary says.
    I'm pretty sure they're unconvinced of the seriousness of this apparently very serious protest being planned by a tiny group with no social media presence that's somehow managed to largely avoid trending on social media or being picked up by literally any remotely credible news media so far. Though feel free to quote Psaki on this, because I don't believe those were her words.

I'm open to changing my mind if presented with reasonable evidence. But after having reviewed the apparent evidence...naw dawg. That ain't playin.

Why is no one upset that people are doxxing supreme court justices and protesting them? How upset would this board be if conservatives had done this for gay marriage?
    Doxxing is basically a meaningless buzzword at this point. And protesting is one of those pesky rights protected by the constitution...that conservatives don't actually give a shit about until they're trying to justify breaking into government buildings with the intention of murdering elected officials.

Why is no one upset that people are doxxing supreme court justices and protesting them? How upset would this board be if conservatives had done this for gay marriage? The Biden administration seems to think it is okay to hassle justices, at least, that is what their press secretary says.
    You only have the one gear don't you? Nothing but lying and bunched panties.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is no one upset that...
    Are you like genetically incapable of answering a post without bringing up some unrelated whataboutism?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

If we really want to ensure that the Democrats have more seats in the Senate, all we have to do is get a few hundred thousand people to move from blue states to Wyoming and Montana and flip those states blue.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    If we really want to ensure that the Democrats have more seats in the Senate, all we have to do is get a few hundred thousand people to move from blue states to Wyoming and Montana and flip those states blue.
    Yeah, but that would be one hell of case of taking one for the team met immediately with new laws requiring citizens to be residents of the state for 10+ years until they can vote there with the polling stations positioned as far away from them as possible and them lying about their hours and locations and all other kinds of fuckery.

Would be good to see the Democrats show that kinda coordination though, the GOP stuff would fold pretty quick overall if they did and never would have gotten this far.

The whole DNC vs RNC thing feels like a PuG vs PreMade match where if if the match is 10 vs 15, the fact the 10 are coordinating with a plan allows them to dominate.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    We don't have to do all of that passing legislation that destroys gerrymandering and voter suppression would blow republican holds out of the water. A lot of "red" states are bluer than the bluest states they are just rigged in a way that the majority can't ever get a voice. That's why it's laughable when the press keeps pretending that these elections are nail bitters like how Florida is a "swing state".

umm why wouldn't they think something that is protected under the constitution, is ok?

Can you guys please make up your minds on what parts of the constitution, specifically the same damn parts, you want to protect and get rid of.
    You are all over the place.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    umm why wouldn't they think something that is protected under the constitution, is ok?

Can you guys please make up your minds on what parts of the constitution, specifically the same damn parts, you want to protect and get rid of.
    You are all over the place.
    You really think a disinformation board will stand up to a law suit about free speech? Most people do not want to get rid of the constitution....well Republicans and Independents. They support laws based on constitutional interpretation, not political interpretations. Roe vs Wade has always been a political interpretation at the federal level. It should have never been taken away from the states. This has been said for years.

It's like gay marriage. I have no problem if anyone wants to marry anyone else, as a 2 time divorced father I would tell them not to, but hey to each their own. It was at a state level and, for example, California voted it down. Twice. Then the Federal courts said nope, you got to have it. I do not mind that they have to have it, I mind that they took the power away from the states.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like gay marriage. I have no problem if anyone wants to marry anyone else, as a 2 time divorced father I would tell them not to, but hey to each their own. It was at a state level and, for example, California voted it down. Twice. Then the Federal courts said nope, you got to have it. I do not mind that they have to have it, I mind that they took the power away from the states.
    Your fundamental civil rights should not be abridged simply because the state in which you live has a surplus of conservatives who claim to love America but who quite clearly hate a lot of Americans.

Other laws, whatever. Fundamental civil rights are a no-go, though.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At least you've got your pre-emptive outrage for this locked and loaded just in case.

Excuse me? I'm honestly searching for some proof of this and I'm struggling, dude. I see Fox claiming that the addresses were leaked and that there were protesters outside their homes, and that some "group" (no link to the group, unfortunately) was involved. I see it's been picked up by The Blaze, The Federalist, and Daily Mail as well so far...not exactly the paragons of credible reporting.

Fox's reporting includes no details, just vague allegations - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lib...-justice-homes
    Federalist reports that apparently people are being bribed - https://thefederalist.com/2022/05/05...ustices-homes/

Though they at least link to the site supposedly organizing this. Based on their social media presence it seems just about nobody would even be aware of this (2.1K followers ain't a lot of reach). It then links this supposed "serious" protest to a number of protests that are being planned in cities and not attempting to target the Justices home.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...nned-protests/

In response to the Monday night leak of a draft Supreme Court opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade, a leftist group called Ruth Sent Us posted what it claims are the home addresses of the Court’s six conservative justices online in preparation for an organized “walk-by protest” set to take place outside the justices’ homes next week.

Ruth Sent Us plans to dispatch demonstrators to “the homes of the six extremist justices” on Wednesday, May 11, according to the group’s website.
    One of the first articles listed when i searched--I skipped the NY Post. They then took down the map and changed it to protest churches on Mother's day. Guess it didn't happen and you're skeptical because you couldn't find it...or you're bad at searching.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ma...ms-of-service/

Here's an article where they claim google made them take it down. Maybe that will help you, doubt it though.

You really think a disinformation board will stand up to a law suit about free speech? Most people do not want to get rid of the constitution....well Republicans and Independents. They support laws based on constitutional interpretation, not political interpretations. Roe vs Wade has always been a political interpretation at the federal level. It should have never been taken away from the states. This has been said for years.
    Holy fucking shit, you actually believe all of that. This is absolutely hilarious.

Republicans absolutely hate the Constitution as they are constantly trying to fuck with it in a myriad of ways and even break it more often than not.

The idea that we should allow certain states to treat certain sections of the population, in this case half of the US population, worse just because you want to force them to breed is not something that should be allowed. There's a reason certain shit shouldn't be up to the states else Florida and Texas would only let blacks be a 3/5th vote. The very fact you want that disproves the idea that "they support laws". What you said was so mind bogglingly stupid that I want the tax money back from the public school that taught you.

A.k.a "I hated when gays got married and want certain states to treat certain people like they are less than people."

Do you have one point of view that isn't fucking abhorrent? I'd ask you what paint tastes like, but I worry you might hit me with the same level of knowledge that wine connoisseurs have.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2022-05-09 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Your fundamental civil rights should not be abridged simply because the state in which you live has a surplus of conservatives who claim to love America but who quite clearly hate a lot of Americans.

Other laws, whatever. Fundamental civil rights are a no-go, though.
    Sorry I can't debate you, the liberals here censor debates or arguments or disagreements about anything involving the alphabet organization and it's members. I will debate you on hate. You make a bold statement claiming conservatives hate Americans, using generalizations that democrats and liberals use to create dissent and hatred themselves. Does that mean you clearly hate a lot of Americans?

Sorry I can't debate you, the liberals here censor debates or arguments or disagreements about anything involving the alphabet organization and it's members.
    Play the victim some more.

I will debate you on hate. You make a bold statement claiming conservatives hate Americans, using generalizations that democrats and liberals use to create dissent and hatred themselves. Does that mean you clearly hate a lot of Americans?
    You'd likely be on the pro-hate side. I love that you'd ignore reality and facts because it shows your ilk being exactly who they are. That's not debate if you're unwilling to actually listen or read.

It's easy to hate Americans that support terror attack and when they try taking away rights from other Americans.

You really think a disinformation board will stand up to a law suit about free speech?
    What would they do, specifically, that would run afoul of the First Amendment? Are we just starting and stopping at "name scary"?

Most people do not want to get rid of the constitution....well Republicans and Independents.
    Now we're doing jokes, I see.

Roe vs Wade has always been a political interpretation at the federal level. It should have never been taken away from the states. This has been said for years.
    Sure, but admit it, you're pretty stoked about this. Including the other implications of the legal theories in the draft which include leaving rights to privacy, rights to marriage choice, and more up to the states. I think we can agree that it's hardly a good situation that things like "Being able to choose which consenting adult I marry" is a pretty good positive right to be protected.

But why? What specifically about that issue makes you think it's a state "issue" vs. a right to be protected?

This is big, "I'm not in favor of slavery, but I fully support the southern states rights to literally own human beings because it should be up to states to decide." energy.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...nned-protests/

One of the first articles listed when i searched--I skipped the NY Post. They then took down the map and changed it to protest churches on Mother's day. Guess it didn't happen and you're skeptical because you couldn't find it...or you're bad at searching.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ma...ms-of-service/

Here's an article where they claim google made them take it down. Maybe that will help you, doubt it though.
    Still not finding anything credible to this, just the predictable conservative sites treating what appears to be a small group trying to make some noise using hyperbolic claims super duper seriously. If this was legit, we'd see more reporting on it. If it was legit, we'd have more than a site with some since-deleted Google Maps showing evidence.

And again, I'm fairly skeptical that 6 Supreme Court Justices live within walking distances of each other. I'm sure they all live close to work and all, but protesting 6 spots in a day is either gonna result in very short protests so you can move to the next spot, or like 5 people showing up at each home.

Mediaite claims Google took it down, but I'll wait for a statement first.

Again, at worst we have a tiny protest group trying to make some noise with some dishonestly bold claims (on the internet?! NO WAY!), and conservative media blowing it way out of proportion to continue fueling the outrage machine

10+ Year Old Account
    “walk-by protest”
    Oh no! Protests! You supported someone who led an armed insurrection. Your "both sides do it" whataboutism is worth less than Trump's marriage vows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Holy fucking shit, you actually believe all of that. This is absolutely hilarious.

Republicans absolutely hate the Constitution as they are constantly trying to fuck with it in a myriad of ways and even break it more often than not.
    A.k.a "I hated when gays got married and want certain states to treat certain people like they are less than people."

Do you have one point of view that isn't fucking abhorrent? I'd ask you what paint tastes like, but I worry you might hit me with the same level of knowledge that wine connoisseurs have.
    I can't debate you on race versus sexual preference because the moderators here view all alphabet arguments bannable. I like how you seem to think so little of Texas and Florida, I am not surprised it's all liberals can talk about. Thanks for the paint troll, I don't report stuff like that, I'm not the censorship type like most of the denizens here.

You seem to think that the fact that I want states to have more power to govern themselves then the federal government shows exactly how liberal you are. Notice the federal government had to be dragged out of covid masking by states, even though the democratic leadership was blatantly hypocritically flaunting not wearing masks. I am sure you were all upset about it because you think the federal government needs to decide everything. Slavery is not a current topic or valid comparison, but of course it is for you. You probably believe in reparations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh no! Protests! You supported someone who led an armed insurrection. Your "both sides do it" whataboutism is worth less than Trump's marriage vows.
    Broken record here. Just because I vote against Biden does not mean I support Trump. Please link me the evidence where he led the armed invasion, I must have missed the pictures of him leading people in to the capitol. it's always whataboutism with you guys when you have no argument. broken record on repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I can't debate you, the liberals here censor debates or arguments or disagreements about anything involving the alphabet organization and it's members. I will debate you on hate. You make a bold statement claiming conservatives hate Americans, using generalizations that democrats and liberals use to create dissent and hatred themselves. Does that mean you clearly hate a lot of Americans?
    Wow. That has to be just about the worst attempt at whataboutism I've seen.

But I'll bite. No, I don't hate a lot of Americans. But even if I did, it would be based on their choice to blindly adhere to a political affiliation that is rooted in bigotry and hatred and is quite literally counterproductive. This, as opposed to hating people simply because of the color of their skin, their gender identity, their sexual preference, or their faith, for example.

You know... fundamental civil rights stuff.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils