10+ Year Old Account
    Musk finally admits he'd reverse Trump's Twitter ban for promoting insurrection and violence.

DWAC is going to tank. CyberTrump 2077 is as good as dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Absolute shocker. Nobody could have seen this coming.
    You meant it dropping another 3% today? Because it dropped another 3% today. Yes, it's only 11AM.

To be fair, it's easier and easier for it to lose a few percent because the value keeps dropping. It is still an easily-followable trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden's continued and relentless support for and encouragement of labor is something that doesn't, get-nearly-enough-recognition. He's the first sitting president to endorse unionization.

President Biden- United States government official
    Chris Smalls is making good trouble and helping inspire a new movement of labor organizing across the country. Let’s keep it going.

On the other hand, TYT, Intercept, Jacobin, hate it when their writers want unions or form a collective.
    Imagine, that these guys are actually grifters that want to break up the Dem coalition....

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    All those presidents since Teddy Roosevelt have been a bunch of limp wristed cucks!

Edit: Minus Dwight, at least. We'll count him, though I don't think he was charging into battle in WWII in the front lines (though I don't know enough about him to know this for certain). He was no nutjob like Patton.
    Except daddy Trump. I've seen the pictures of him riding Sharks with an AR in each hand right into battle. I believe everything I see and read on the internet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats couching Republicans' future plans for Medicare and Social Security in comfy terms like "sunset". I just don't think they'll ever learn how to message to voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Democrats couching Republicans' future plans for Medicare and Social Security in comfy terms like "sunset". I just don't think they'll ever learn how to message to voters.
    Got a link for that?

Dems are criticizing the Scott/Rubio plans. Also pointing out it's euphuism for "cuts".
    Biden attacked what he called “ultra-MAGA” Republican plans to address the economy and spiking inflation. “Their plan is going to make working families poorer,” he said in a speech Tuesday.
    The president blasted the GOP for proposals including tax cuts for big corporations and requiring programs like Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid to be renewed by Congress every five years. Such a plan, Biden said, would put those programs “on the chopping block every five years” and would allow Republicans to use them as negotiating pieces.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Got a link for that?

Dems are criticizing the Scott/Rubio plans. Also pointing out it's euphuism for "cuts".
    Biden attacked what he called “ultra-MAGA” Republican plans to address the economy and spiking inflation. “Their plan is going to make working families poorer,” he said in a speech Tuesday.
    The president blasted the GOP for proposals including tax cuts for big corporations and requiring programs like Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid to be renewed by Congress every five years. Such a plan, Biden said, would put those programs “on the chopping block every five years” and would allow Republicans to use them as negotiating pieces.
    https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/sta...9QI1P4HdwMTJbw
    https://twitter.com/SenatorBaldwin/s...9QI1P4HdwMTJbw
    https://twitter.com/SSWorks/status/1...9QI1P4HdwMTJbw
    https://twitter.com/SenateDems/statu...9QI1P4HdwMTJbw
    https://twitter.com/DNCWarRoom/statu...9QI1P4HdwMTJbw

Every campaign ad I've seen so far has mentioned "potentially sunsetting" Social Security, when they should be saying Republicans want to block rent control, kill Social Security and Medicare, throw your grandmother onto the streets, and let her die, destitute, from COVID.

But they "might" not, so let's play nice.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1526290288393588736

Welp, Karine Jean-Pierre is off to a decent start. Fielding a bullshit, bad-faith question from Steve Doocy, who appears to think Jeff Bezos is an economics expert while getting his dig in at the disinformation board that he is willfully refusing to understand.

Not a spicy, sizzling response, but it doesn't need to be. It's a fair, level-headed response doing away with his bullshit and highlighting reality, including that the deficit is going down for the first time in 6 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1526290288393588736

Welp, Karine Jean-Pierre is off to a decent start. Fielding a bullshit, bad-faith question from Steve Doocy, who appears to think Jeff Bezos is an economics expert while getting his dig in at the disinformation board that he is willfully refusing to understand.

Not a spicy, sizzling response, but it doesn't need to be. It's a fair, level-headed response doing away with his bullshit and highlighting reality, including that the deficit is going down for the first time in 6 years.
    Like, seriously.

"Wealthy mine owner questions the need for expensive mine safety regulations, notes that miner deaths are down 6% since last year in their mines."

Who would take the mine owner seriously here? Doocy is such a moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like, seriously.

"Wealthy mine owner questions the need for expensive mine safety regulations, notes that miner deaths are down 6% since last year in their mines."

Who would take the mine owner seriously here? Doocy is such a moron.
    I'd hazard a guess that the people of West Virginia did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I see they're doubling down on the Hunter Biden Laptop shit since they've really got nothing other than their own criminal behavior these days.

How does the saying go?

If the Facts are on your side, pound the facts.

If the Law is on your side, pound the law.

If you've got neither the Law or the Facts, do an email dump and coordinate a misinformation campaign while pounding the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I see they're doubling down on the Hunter Biden Laptop shit since they've really got nothing other than their own criminal behavior these days.

How does the saying go?

If the Facts are on your side, pound the facts.

If the Law is on your side, pound the law.

If you've got neither the Law or the Facts, do an email dump and coordinate a misinformation campaign while pounding the table.
    So they’re vaguely trying to villainize Ukraine (is that still what they’re accusing Hunter Biden of doing?) while also villainizing someone that isn’t president Biden… a strategy that failed them in 2020.

This isn’t like Benghazi where they can accuse Hillary of getting Americans killed or whatever and then drag her before some panel that ends up finding nothing but goes in front of National headlines.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So they’re vaguely trying to villainize Ukraine (is that still what they’re accusing Hunter Biden of doing?) while also villainizing someone that isn’t president Biden… a strategy that failed them in 2020.

This isn’t like Benghazi where they can accuse Hillary of getting Americans killed or whatever and then drag her before some panel that ends up finding nothing but goes in front of National headlines.
    They've got nothing else. Not even policy because they've got none. They need some way to energize the rubes.

Honestly, I would actually like to have a spicy debate bro type on that podium, or exasperated and exhausted high school principal type. Someone who would both be able to get the message across, but also wouldn't shy away from ridiculing people like Doocy when they ask stupid questions. Psaki was the closest thing to it I've seen in my lifetime.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-hea...a9f8091d4d1f80

Instead of using the Defense Production Act to free meatpackers from legal liability if their unsafe working conditions caused covid outbreaks, the Biden administration is using it for something that will actually help people: Making baby formula.

President Joe Biden on Wednesday invoked the Defense Production Act to speed production of infant formula and authorized flights to import supply from overseas, as he faces mounting political pressure over a domestic shortage caused by the safety-related closure of the country’s largest formula manufacturing plant.

The Defense Production Act order requires suppliers of formula manufacturers to fulfill orders from those companies before other customers, in an effort to eliminate production bottlenecks. Biden is also authorizing the Defense Department to use commercial aircraft to fly formula supplies that meet federal standards from overseas to the U.S., in what the White House is calling “Operation Fly Formula.”

10+ Year Old Account
    https://apnews.com/article/biden-hea...a9f8091d4d1f80

Instead of using the Defense Production Act to free meatpackers from legal liability if their unsafe working conditions caused covid outbreaks, the Biden administration is using it for something that will actually help people: Making baby formula.
    A great move. One that I doubt fox news and co. will cover with nearly as much fervor (if they mention it at all) as I'm sure they've been tracking the outrage over the formula shortage with.

Really boring name though.

Better names:

Operation milky way
    Operation baby boom
    Operation udder chaos
    Operation legen-dairy
    Operation fly, fly baby

I mean they're not good, but they're better.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Biden veers of script on Taiwan. It's not the first time.

Offhand remarks that vary from the official talking points have become a feature of the Biden presidency, even as they leave his staff scrambling to spin them away afterward.

Maybe President Biden isn’t speaking off script after all. Maybe he just doesn’t think much of the script.

Offhand remarks that vary from the official talking points have become a feature, not a bug, of the Biden presidency, as he demonstrated again on Monday when he dispensed with decades of “strategic ambiguity” and indicated that he would militarily defend Taiwan against attack by China.

Each time he says what he really thinks, there is the ritual cleanup brigade dispatched by the White House to pretend that he did not really say what he clearly articulated — or that even if he did, it did not really amount to a change in policy. But then Mr. Biden, unperturbed and unapologetic, goes out and does it all over again.

His remarks on Taiwan on Monday were just the latest instance of a president saying out loud what is on his mind even if it leaves his staff scrambling to spin it away afterward. In March, he called President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia a war criminal (just his opinion, not a legal conclusion, aides quickly explained). Then days later, he ad-libbed at the end of a speech that Mr. Putin “cannot remain in power” (just an observation, they said, not a call for regime change).

None of this should come as much of a surprise to anyone who followed Mr. Biden’s nearly half-century career as a senator and vice president. For many years, under the definition of “gaffe” in the Washington political dictionary was a picture of Mr. Biden. “Gaffe machine,” in fact, was a common description, sometimes said with affection, sometimes with derision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Biden veers of script on Taiwan. It's not the first time.

Offhand remarks that vary from the official talking points have become a feature of the Biden presidency, even as they leave his staff scrambling to spin them away afterward.

Maybe President Biden isn’t speaking off script after all. Maybe he just doesn’t think much of the script.

Offhand remarks that vary from the official talking points have become a feature, not a bug, of the Biden presidency, as he demonstrated again on Monday when he dispensed with decades of “strategic ambiguity” and indicated that he would militarily defend Taiwan against attack by China.

Each time he says what he really thinks, there is the ritual cleanup brigade dispatched by the White House to pretend that he did not really say what he clearly articulated — or that even if he did, it did not really amount to a change in policy. But then Mr. Biden, unperturbed and unapologetic, goes out and does it all over again.

His remarks on Taiwan on Monday were just the latest instance of a president saying out loud what is on his mind even if it leaves his staff scrambling to spin it away afterward. In March, he called President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia a war criminal (just his opinion, not a legal conclusion, aides quickly explained). Then days later, he ad-libbed at the end of a speech that Mr. Putin “cannot remain in power” (just an observation, they said, not a call for regime change).

None of this should come as much of a surprise to anyone who followed Mr. Biden’s nearly half-century career as a senator and vice president. For many years, under the definition of “gaffe” in the Washington political dictionary was a picture of Mr. Biden. “Gaffe machine,” in fact, was a common description, sometimes said with affection, sometimes with derision.
    It's fascinating that the NYT has fallen so far they'll publish such an amazing piece of rotting offal as an op-ed that claims that "Putin can't remain in power" or "we might actually defend Taiwan if China attacks" are things you can call "gaffes".

They're not even particularly controversial statements. Perhaps alarming to Putin's cadre of oligarchs and war criminals, or to China's expansionists, but not alarming to anyone else.

Here's Trudeau saying Putin's committed "heinous war crimes", two weeks ago, in Kyiv, to no backlash whatsoever; https://globalnews.ca/news/8817866/j...surprise-trip/

How is Biden's comment a "gaffe" when it's more milquetoast than Canada's official stance?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fascinating that the NYT has fallen so far they'll publish such an amazing piece of rotting offal as an op-ed that claims that "Putin can't remain in power" or "we might actually defend Taiwan if China attacks" are things you can call "gaffes".

They're not even particularly controversial statements. Perhaps alarming to Putin's cadre of oligarchs and war criminals, or to China's expansionists, but not alarming to anyone else.

Here's Trudeau saying Putin's committed "heinous war crimes", two weeks ago, in Kyiv, to no backlash whatsoever; https://globalnews.ca/news/8817866/j...surprise-trip/

How is Biden's comment a "gaffe" when it's more milquetoast than Canada's official stance?
    It’s a combination of the press wanting an easily headlineable shitshow president like trump and trump supporters wanting to pretend they suddenly care about tact or decorum.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Canada doesn't have a long sordid history of disastrous regime changes and that of one China policy. The United States has had a policy for decades of ambiguity when it comes to Taiwan because it suited us. Canada doesn't have as many guns as the US so Trudeau can say a lot of things and people won't pay attention.