Quote Originally Posted by BlackDruid96 View Post
    I wonder if he really has cancer or just one of his lies he has trouble keeping track of.
    He's had non-melanoma skin-cancers treated. Most people who make it to that age and care about their health get this procedure.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    And Trump has the best words, some of them being "Belgium is a beautiful city." What's your point again?
    What was yours? I was commenting on a news story about Biden.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Remember when our troops sacrificed themselves for the furniture of their children?

Take your concern trolling elsewhere.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not 'concerned' about Biden. I'm posting a news story about him and another one of his gaffes. If this story annoys you for some reason then that's not really my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What was yours? I was commenting on a news story about Biden.
    You posted the article entirely without comment until called out, so your purpose was never discussion, just drive-by pot-stirring. It's a non-story, worth about 2 tan suits or 1.7 dijon mustard hot dogs.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    You posted the article entirely without comment until called out, so your purpose was never discussion, just drive-by pot-stirring. It's a non-story, worth about 2 tan suits or 1.7 dijon mustard hot dogs.
    I haven't been called out about anything, because there's nothing to be called out for. I posted a report about things Biden said and you became unreasonably defensive about it. That's a you problem, I'm afraid. I get that he might be 'your guy' or whatever, but even so, that's not a reason to be mad when the international press reports on what he says and does.

In other news, he has tested positive for covid. Pretty sure he'll be fine, the Paxlovid seems to be quite effective. The new variant doing the rounds isn't quite as 'mild' as people might think though. Two close relatives recently had it and it's quite nasty.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDruid96 View Post
    I wonder if he really has cancer or just one of his lies he has trouble keeping track of.
    A real double-whammy for him to have WuFlu *and* Cancer.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

I haven't been called out about anything, because there's nothing to be called out for. I posted a report about things Biden said and you became unreasonably defensive about it. That's a you problem, I'm afraid. I get that he might be 'your guy' or whatever, but even so, that's not a reason to be mad when the international press reports on what he says and does.

In other news, he has tested positive for covid. Pretty sure he'll be fine, the Paxlovid seems to be quite effective. The new variant doing the rounds isn't quite as 'mild' as people might think though. Two close relatives recently had it and it's quite nasty.
    How is explaining the facts of life to you being defensive? At best, I am frustrated in the way teachers get frustrated with retarded children.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Biden, according to 538 and RCP, has reached an average approval of either 38% or 37% according to polls.

Context wise? That was as low as Trump ever got, even after January 6th. I admit I didn't quite expect this of the Biden presidency. Sure I didn't have very high hopes he'd do an amazing job, but what has happened so far is way worse then that.
    Trump supporters thought he did a great job even though he fucked up constantly. Biden doesn’t inspire that level of fanaticism in Dem supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Remember when our troops sacrificed themselves for the furniture of their children?

Take your concern trolling elsewhere.
    When American revolutionary soldiers fought for the airports at Concord?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Trump supporters thought he did a great job even though he fucked up constantly. Biden doesn’t inspire that level of fanaticism in Dem supporters.
    Let's also add, there are people willing to blame Biden for everything, even things Biden has zero control over. I see my Alabama relatives blaming Biden for pushing electric cars in a heatwave. No, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Let's also add, there are people willing to blame Biden for everything, even things Biden has zero control over. I see my Alabama relatives blaming Biden for pushing electric cars in a heatwave. No, really.
    Yeah Buttigieg is getting flack for that too.

Like, he's not saying "go out and buy an electric car now!" but he's saying it's something we should start looking into and it's something the DoT is looking into.

The right threw a fit because Biden went somewhere the other day by motorcade. "OMG HE TRAVELED IN A CONVOY OF GAS GUZZLING SUVS!" like every other President has always done for the President's protection?

I mean sure, maybe we can replace the SUV's with something electric, but it's not something that's going to happen immediately FFS.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2022-07-21 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Pete's last name sucks to spell
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The right threw a fit because Biden went somewhere the other day by motorcade.
    That's hypocrisy for you. To be fair, the golf cart Trump used to climb a small hill was probably electric.

Brandon has COVID.

The irony here is the FAT, unhealthy denying COVID denier, lived through COVID. We will see about Biden.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

if they put Biden on the same steroids they did Trump he is going to be old man raging for days. he might actually conjure up force lighting to zap an ungrateful press core member.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Brandon has COVID.

The irony here is the FAT, unhealthy denying COVID denier, lived through COVID. We will see about Biden.
    He's vaxxed, boosted, and we have effective antivirals now. He's in otherwise fine health and isn't obese, so he'll probably end up being fine.

And he probably won't even irresponsibly force his secret service detail to get into a plague-car with him to drive around the building for his fans, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no need to be mad that people are commenting on Biden's gaffes. He's the leader of the free world, when he talks gibberish and gets things wrong people are going to notice. Unfortunately for him it seems to happen rather a lot. He should have retired a long time ago. Sad that America had such a shite choice. Maybe they can get their shit together for 2024.
    "guy with known stutter stutters, corrects himself" is not particularly news-worthy.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    He already is a Republican with a D next to his name what difference does it make exactly? What's to be lost?
    Majority Leader Mitch McConnel.

You know all those judges that are getting through the Senate and onto courts, preventing them from being packed by more activist conservatives? Those would all be gone.

Fuck Manchin, and I hate his selfish, amoral, dishonest, piece of shit ass as much as the next person and desperately want him gone. But without him (or any current Senate Democrat) Democrats have no "majority" (quotes because it's 50:50 so not actually a majority as we've seen) and Majority Leader Mitch McConnel could hamstring anything and everything that Democrats have gotten through the Senate. Even if they don't have many legislative wins because of bullshit from Manchin and Sinema, it's still infinitely preferable to the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "guy with known stutter stutters, corrects himself" is not particularly news-worthy.
    A gaff-prone politician will have their gaffes reported on, especially when they are president of the USA. Objections to these gaffes being reported on are entirely partisan.

Mind boggling how Biden tries to blame inflation on Russia which is so easily discredited when there are a ton of other factors to it that he can state which don't make him look bad in the slightest. He's really just letting the other side roll all over him with the blame train pretending the President has all this control over the economy or that the same exact things wouldn't be happening under Trump. Same with the high gas prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Mind boggling how Biden tries to blame inflation on Russia which is so easily discredited
    Actually, it makes sense. People are blaming Biden for causing inflation for causing high gas prices. Biden's telling the Trump supporters something they actually need to hear, and actually related to the problem they're talking about.

True, it doesn't make sense to reasonable people, but reasonable people aren't blaming Biden for inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Actually, it makes sense. People are blaming Biden for causing inflation for causing high gas prices. Biden's telling the Trump supporters something they actually need to hear, and actually related to the problem they're talking about.

True, it doesn't make sense to reasonable people, but reasonable people aren't blaming Biden for inflation.
    I watched Oliver's bit on this last night and it annoyed me. He quoted Biden with this, doing a whole big bit on the causes of inflation, and saying that everyone had a bit of a point.

So he broke it down into these basic arguments;

1> Supply shortages causing prices to rise as demand remains unchanged.
    2> Demand increases resulting from COVID relief support payments
    3> Russia's fucking about with oil delivery causing chaos with oil prices
    4> Corporate greed

At least, pretty sure those are the 4. If I missed something, just correct me, it won't affect my point.

Now, those all look fine, and I don't actually have a problem with most of it on this surface level. But my issue is the inclusion of #4 as if it's a separate argument. Supply shortages are the only one of these factors that doesn't boil down to #4, and that's only presuming it's an actual shortage, not a manufactured artificial one.

Demand increases only lead to price increases as companies realize they can charge more for products and still sell out. That's corporate greed.
    Putin's dicking around is based on Russia's financial interests. It's greed as well.

This transforms Oliver's seemingly nuanced take into a much-less nuanced and much-more-damning argument; the current inflation is caused largely by corporate greed, and to a lesser extent some supply chain hiccups which can't readily be addressed. Corporate greed, however, absolutely could be.