Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Actually, it makes sense. People are blaming Biden for causing inflation for causing high gas prices. Biden's telling the Trump supporters something they actually need to hear, and actually related to the problem they're talking about.

True, it doesn't make sense to reasonable people, but reasonable people aren't blaming Biden for inflation.
    Trump supporters aren't going to buy it seeing as we've been having these problems since before all this stuff in Ukraine started.

And Biden's approval rating is lower than Trump's was, I don't think these reasonable people are quite getting the message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the NYT needs to poll another 92 people asking, "Why is Biden cratering with Online People!"
    • When most Online People would rather just make stuff up about Biden.
    • Pretty much the same people that in 2010-2012 complained that, "Obummer promised me a pony".
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Trump supporters aren't going to buy it seeing as we've been having these problems since before all this stuff in Ukraine started.
    As @Endus spelled out, a lot of it is COVID-related. And guess what they'll never blame Trump for?

Following the Democratic governors group boosting Trump aligned fringe candidates, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is doing the same in trying to boost some fringe Trump candidates in House races.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...imary-00047750

Because Democratic leadership has, sadly, learned nothing from the past 6 years. They're playing with fire and then they're going to get burned and complain that they had no way of knowing this would happen. Fuckin hell boomers whose IQ suffers due to exposure to lead in their youth shouldn't be determining strategy.

democrats can't do anything about abortion rights, or climate change much less inflation; but they can sure get even more fringe wing nuts elected. so they can scare the voter base into giving them even more money, so they can keep getting more fringe wing nuts elected. it's the prefect system they set up for themselves.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-07-26 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloture achieved -- the science and chips bill advances:

They've been working on this bill for 16-months-in-open-sessions. Somehow people think it's iNSIdeR tRAdInG!!

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    much less inflation
    I mean...there's not a lot anyone can do about this global problem. You can't magically make more stuff and get it where it needs to go.

they can magic up some tax raises on corporations that are still making record profits off of this, but again, that falls directly in the "we thought of nothing and came up with nothing" category when it comes to the Democrats.... doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    they can magic up some tax raises on corporations
    Won't have a meaningful impact. The problem is there's not enough supply to meet demand, and transportation logistics continue to be a nightmare. You can't just pass a bill and fix that.

Don't get me wrong, tax the fuck out of corporations, especially those bringing in record profits off the backs of economic hard times for normal people. But that doesn't fix logistical problems.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    75% of Democratic voters want someone other than Biden in 2024

Unless the poll was dramatically off on their metrics or statistics, this is a Yuge indicator that we need to see Harris or an outlier as the candidate for 2024. Biden just looks fucking awful in pics, and I was one of the people defending his looks when he ran in 2020. Even seeing him give a prepared speech he looks just worn down. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even last this one term (I mean resigns early).

Actually, resigning early would give Harris a huge position starting out. Hmmmmmm....

Kamala Harris Would Beat Ron DeSantis in 2024 Election: Poll

Vice President Kamala Harris would defeat Florida Governor Ron DeSantis in a hypothetical 2024 presidential match-up, according to a new poll, but the race would be extremely close.

A poll from the Harvard University Center for American Political Studies (CAPS) has found that Harris enjoys 39 support to the Republican governor's 37 percent in a theoretical contest.

However, those numbers are very tight and the Harris poll found that a significant 23 percent of respondents were undecided between DeSantis and Harris.

The poll showed Trump defeating both Biden and Harris in hypothetical 2024 contests. Trump had 43 percent support to Biden's 40 percent, with 17 percent undecided.

In a theoretical race against Harris, Trump performed even better, garnering 45 percent to Harris' 39 percent with 16 percent of respondents undecided.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Kamala Harris Would Beat Ron DeSantis in 2024 Election: Poll

Vice President Kamala Harris would defeat Florida Governor Ron DeSantis in a hypothetical 2024 presidential match-up, according to a new poll, but the race would be extremely close.

A poll from the Harvard University Center for American Political Studies (CAPS) has found that Harris enjoys 39 support to the Republican governor's 37 percent in a theoretical contest.

However, those numbers are very tight and the Harris poll found that a significant 23 percent of respondents were undecided between DeSantis and Harris.

The poll showed Trump defeating both Biden and Harris in hypothetical 2024 contests. Trump had 43 percent support to Biden's 40 percent, with 17 percent undecided.

In a theoretical race against Harris, Trump performed even better, garnering 45 percent to Harris' 39 percent with 16 percent of respondents undecided.
    If the GQP takes the White House back, either under Trump or [Trump pt 2] DeSantis, I don't think we'll get it back. With the "civil war" already being fought and lost, and the GQP poised to take the House and Senate in 2022, that might be the ballgame.

From there the GQP will be a white supremacist based autocratic and authoritarian party with the "rule of law" behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden isn't my preferred candidate, and I would never want him to run again but I I try to see things as the average person on the left. I wouldn't be too concerned about the pool because there's a lot of bad press right now

The party should begin to float possible replacements, though.

I don't think Harris should be the default though. People like what she has accomplished as a person but her politics leave much to be desired even from a mainstream perspective. She would have been a good fit before 2016 where you could carry an with vibes and good feelings, not in this post-Trump era though. Remember she had a lot of trouble in her primary run.
    You definitely don't want to announce her candidacy until the last minute or the GOP publicity machine will have a field day.

Being that Trump is definitely running again, I don't think Biden would come off as strong this time. Also Trump is running on demon blood where Biden's age comes through more natural. Then again the only person Biden could ever win against was Trump so its Biden has the type advantage.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

If the media call this a recession I am going to become a media truther on this

Literal fake news and misinformation to call it a recession

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

Q1 of 2022 showed a decline in GDP for the USA.

The official definition of a recession is "a significant decline in economic activity that is spread across the economy and lasts more than a few months."

The usual trivial marker for that is two consecutive quarters of GDP decline. So if the trend continues, it's a recession. And that's what projections show. So no, it isn't "Fake news" or "misinformation", it's literally the application of the same standard that'd described every previous recession.

https://www.reuters.com/business/fin...on-2022-07-21/

There's no universally agreed-on standard for defining a recession, but the standard rule of thumb is two consecutive quarters of GDP decline.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-07-27 at 02:48 PM.

Honestly if any person of color runs they will win, get the ethnic votes and you win simply put.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when Trump handwaved COVID, caught it, and nearly died?

Vaccinated Biden recovers without incident, ends isolation after testing negative, and returns to work.

Acknowledging the potential for so-called 'rebound' COVID positivity observed in a small percentage of patients treated with Paxlovid, the president will increase his testing cadence, both to protect people around him and to assure early detection of any return of viral replication
    Oh, and he'll mask up for a couple weeks. Because he takes this shit seriously.

10+ Year Old Account

It's reporting hot takes without context.

The economy slowed down after the previous quarters, when the government dumped 3.5 Trillion in new domestic spending...

The media is addicted to outrage. They want the boring guy out of office.

Biden is actually considering trading a world infamous arms dealer for some random basketball player that got herself jailed by travelling with illegal drugs

I wish Biden had the balls to tell her to take up responsibility for her own stupid decisions

I wish Biden had the balls to tell her to take up responsibility for her own stupid decisions
    What a load of horseshit.

And the trade is for two people. Brittney Griner and Paul Whelan.