Poll: Are you balding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No, I'm not (yet). but I'm finding more and more gray hair in my beard. Not that I'm stressing out, I think as a man you can wear gray with pride.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am in my 30's and see nil signs of balding or even receding hair, so I'm hoping I'm good.

I was also adopted, so I have no idea if it's an issue in my family.

My younger brother (not adopted) is bald though *snicker*
    Here is something to believe in!

At 55...my hair is almost entirely silver. It used to be dsrk brown and so thick you couldn't get a pair of scissors through, or so my barber complained. It's thinned out quite a bit since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Au contraire mon frere, I have too much hair.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, 27 now and probably noticed at 21-22 it was changing. Pretty much looks like I have a full head of hair when it's washed and such, but when I pull it back to show the hairline and follicles, you can really see it. I have jet black dark hair and it was always very thick, so much that people used to mention it a lot. Shame it has faded quite quickly in only my 20's. I'd be happy if I lasted until 40 odd, but looks like early 30's I'm going to have a big issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Na, it looks like I grow even more hair the older I get.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

My hairline started receding at 21-22, and it's preeeeetttttyyyyy thin on the top now. I just keep it buzzed short (more accurately, my wife does).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

My hair has thinned out on top, but it won't be going barren. No hairline receding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Every two months is pretty much standard, i went every 3 to 4 weeks here as a man before the lock down(s).
    HUh? mine looks like shit after 2 weeks I get a haircut every 3 weeks when I work in person.

Nope and no grey hairs yet. I have almost always shaved my head though so not much hair to speak of anyways.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    HUh? mine looks like shit after 2 weeks I get a haircut every 3 weeks when I work in person.
    Depends on your haircut if you keep it short on the sides like those military cuts 3 weeks is the norm yep
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

15+ Year Old Account
    I am balding/bald. What do I do about it? Nothing really. I just keep the remaining hair very short.

It's just hair or lack of it. Who gives a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    I have been balding for the past 8 years, since the age of 25.

My temples have steadily been getting higher and higher, and I have recently been "developing" the bald patch on the top of my head.

My dad is balding in the exact same way, so it's never been a surprise for me.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    While true, confidence is the most important factor. the others certainly help too.
    Ho ho ho.

Misspelled "rich" which is weird because it wass written right there

OT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few years ago I first noticed my hair was thinning out at the back. I remember feeling immense dread after seeing it. I got over it, realized genes were kicking in and started to think about buzzing my head.

Took me a while to build up enough confidence to do it. Looked up a lot of videos and pictures of cool guys who had the buzzed haircut style and tried to imagine myself with the same look. Finally I said, fuck it. One way or another I'm going to end up shaving my head anyway so might as well do it now and start getting used to it. I finally did it during the covid plague since barbers were closed anyway and I ended up loving it. No hair to maintain anymore, less shampoo consumption, and saves me money from going to the barber since I can now just do it myself. It's also so much more comfortable.

Now I keep a beard on so that I don't look like a total thumb. Only thing that kinda sucks is that I have to always wear a hat when out in the sun in summer time or else I'll get burned and in the winter time it can get pretty cold without wearing one. It's fine though because I've been always been wearing hats anyway.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

7+ Year Old Account
    40's still full head of hair and no grey/white yet. Genetically I should live the rest of my life with all my hair. Maternal grandfather (80's) still had his hair when he passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    A few years ago I first noticed my hair was thinning out at the back. I remember feeling immense dread after seeing it. I got over it, realized genes were kicking in and started to think about buzzing my head.

Took me a while to build up enough confidence to do it. Looked up a lot of videos and pictures of cool guys who had the buzzed haircut style and tried to imagine myself with the same look. Finally I said, fuck it. One way or another I'm going to end up shaving my head anyway so might as well do it now and start getting used to it. I finally did it during the covid plague since barbers were closed anyway and I ended up loving it. No hair to maintain anymore, less shampoo consumption, and saves me money from going to the barber since I can now just do it myself. It's also so much more comfortable.

Now I keep a beard on so that I don't look like a total thumb. Only thing that kinda sucks is that I have to always wear a hat when out in the sun in summer time or else I'll get burned and in the winter time it can get pretty cold without wearing one. It's fine though because I've been always been wearing hats anyway.
    I was going to do that... then covid hit... am back to a man bun... I got a pointy goatee going... looking like a proper wierdo... but, no one can tell!!! Wahahaha!!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, but the graying started early and I've been salt&pepper for years.

I've heard some talk about baldness being inherited on the mother's side, I have my doubts, but there are probably multiple genes that can be inherited. I feel bad for my cousins, their dad has been bald since his mid 20s and they all started balding around the same time, but their mother and mine are identical twins and I have all my hair. My dad's hair started thinning around my age so I'm expecting a little bit of that, but he still has most of his even today.
    /s