Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    VAULTHALLA
    Posts
    2,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Everyone I've asked that dont play the game like I do (mythic raiding, m+) are pretty confused when I start explaining about the systems.

    So when you say "everyone" you mean every person who plays the game? Or just the people you speak to?


    I ask this because you try to tell the other guy that he doesn't know if the "average player will do the thing the developers designed it for" citing he can't possibly speak for literally every other "average" player. Yet... here you are doing exactly that.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    So when you say "everyone" you mean every person who plays the game? Or just the people you speak to?


    I ask this because you try to tell the other guy that he doesn't know if the "average player will do the thing the developers designed it for" citing he can't possibly speak for literally every other "average" player. Yet... here you are doing exactly that.
    Of course I mean everyone I know, anything else would be ridiculous like the person I quoted was claiming.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Of course I mean everyone I know, anything else would be ridiculous like the person I quoted was claiming.
    Anyone I know finds the system not confusing. So I debunked your argument I guess.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Justintime328 View Post
    I am barely smarter than a volleyball and I understand them so how hard could it really be.
    You must be a genius because OP with all his university courses and degrees can't seem to get it.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    VAULTHALLA
    Posts
    2,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Of course I mean everyone I know, anything else would be ridiculous like the person I quoted was claiming.

    Your lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Anyone I know finds the system not confusing. So I debunked your argument I guess.
    Well if I ask any of my guild-mates of course theyre gonna answer differrently, duh.

  7. #47
    Warchief Rusken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,017
    The saddest thing to me is on the Beta when both Trade and Test chat are full of people asking what's best for x spec in x situation, when they're in the best spot to actually try everything out and figure something out for themselves.

    Obviously people just want a simple answer for "What makes me perform better" but what they don't seem to realise is that for the vast majority of players (as in anyone who's NOT pushing top 100 mythic or +25 keys) Covenant choice doesn't really matter since every Cov ability is within 3-5% of each other depending on the fight or dungeon. As far as I'm aware there are no clear outliers for every situation for anyone. A lot of the sims people are doing atm are on 5 minute Patchwerk fights, of which there's exactly 0. In practice there's going to be little to no difference between say a Kyrian Paladin and a Venthyr Paladin of equal skill except for in very specific circumstances.

    If you're not a serious Mythic raider or high Key pusher then it doesn't matter what you pick, you'll be able to do every bit of content regardless of your choice. It won't help you to just pick what's in a guide if you're incapable of using the ability to its utmost potential. The best example I've got (because it's the spec I'm playing) is Resto Shaman, where Necro has the most potential but is also the hardest to use properly, compared to Venthyr that's an incredibly simple spell you can just cast off-CD. Casual Cassie isn't going to need the extra 5% healing Necro can put out through optimal use to progress Normal/Heroics.

    I can see a lot of people who are simply reading Icy-Veins or Wowhead guides and picking what they read getting upset when they're not performing as well as they think they should just because they picked the "right" covenant.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Your lack of self-awareness is astonishing.
    You dont know me one bit, so you're free to have any illusions you want dude.

  9. #49
    The Lightbringer Draknalor186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,116
    I'm a DK, so Necrolords is just obvious choice for me. The 2nd pick would be Venthyr, But honestly i rather stop playing than switch out of necrolords, they just feel right for a DK.

    So i don't see what's so "Complex" about it, just pick whichever suits your own preference the most..

    I mean i would not go necrolords on a druid or priest for example.. as that makes no sense.

  10. #50
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,745
    As I'm not a top 100 raider, I'm going with the covenant I enjoy the most in terms of themes and visuals. Necrolord.

    Yes I do raid, but come on...
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Well if I ask any of my guild-mates of course theyre gonna answer differrently, duh.
    So you had nothing to say to begin with?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So you had nothing to say to begin with?
    Do you have anything of substance to add to the thread or are you just trying to pick a fight?

  13. #53
    Ive been playing since vanilla and this is the 1st xpac ive decided to go into completely blind with only a very limited idea of all the various systems in place.
    It seems from the little snippets of info I have seen here or there that its overly complex and not at all intuitive or forgiving.
    I am really hoping the leveling process and trying out the different spells really eases you into the new system.
    Its totally wait and see but I must admit im very aprehensive about it all and ive never felt that way going into an expansion before.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Do you have anything of substance to add to the thread or are you just trying to pick a fight?
    Have you added anything of substance so far? I mean except the famous "I know people who do, but I also know people who don't".

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Have you added anything of substance so far? I mean except the famous "I know people who do, but I also know people who don't".
    Have you? If you want to continue this discussion feel free to do it in DM instead of de-railing this thread further okay?

  16. #56
    I actually kind of like the idea that there are lots of choices that will end up making one covenant and soulbind feel and play far different from from another. My biggest complaint for the last few expansion is everything feels the same. Take artifact weapons in Legion, although they were suppose to feel unique to your character, in reality that was just an illusion because one class spec played identical to every other person playing that same class spec because the upgrade trees were identical. Same with the Heart of Azeroth, although their was a little more variety because of the essences. But even then all the essences but your first were passive so they didn't really "feel" very different.

    What I fear (and I already see happening in beta) is that one or two covenant/soulbind combinations will be considered "the best". So you will either be forced into picking those even though another might appeal to you more for flavor and enjoyment or you will be locked out of mythic and raiding because the community will say say, "What are you doing speced with Necrolord/Bonesmith?!? Everybody knows Kyrian/Pelagos is the best! Go do raid finder NOOB!"

  17. #57
    It doesn't matter how complex the decision is since I won't be the one making it. Can't really remember the last time I made a decision that mattered in wow that I didn't base of a guide written by someone else, logs from other people, other players experiences, etc.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Have you? If you want to continue this discussion feel free to do it in DM instead of de-railing this thread further okay?
    What discussion are you talking about? I just made sure that you understood, that your "arguments" were nonsense and "added nothing of substance so far". So, therefore, I actually contributed in a meaningful way in this thread. Can't be said about anyone here.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What discussion are you talking about? I just made sure that you understood, that your "arguments" were nonsense and "added nothing of substance so far". So, therefore, I actually contributed in a meaningful way in this thread. Can't be said about anyone here.
    Okay you seem to have some issues that are beyond words, ignore-list is where you'll go.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    You have 4 covenants each of which has 2 major abilities that are completely different and unique and WITHIN EACH of those covenants there are 3 soulbinds that have an ENTIRE TREE of again relatively unique abilities (at least within the covenant) so we're talking about making a choice based on about TWELVE sub-trees and extra differences beyond those.
    This should had been clearly simpler because I'm one of those idiots that have multiple degrees in the sciences and I still think this is not easy to wrap around your head for a coherent all around big picture decision.
    Almost like it is done on purpose to not find an easy answer in regards to player power but how the zone and covenant might affect you emotionally while playing and how fun the two most important active spells feel to you?

    It is the stated intent from Blizzard to not provide clear cut choices... If it is a no brainer why offer the choice?

    Just a guess...

    Of course the internet will state x is best... but just look at the next site that tells you y is best..
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2020-11-21 at 04:01 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •