Poll: What spec are you going at the launch of shadowlands?

Are you going Frost or Unholy at the start of shadownlands?

Hey. I plan to go as unholy and hopefully i won't be resource starved, and even if that happens, the ghoul will help me

What about you all?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Unholy. Got back into my DK in BFA and tried the new unholy and loved it.

I don't like the new Obliterate animation - you even use it when you dual-wield, instead of the special one they had for it before which was great.
    Anyway, it turns me off Frost entirely right now. Can't get into it like this.

I've enjoyed both on the beta so whichever is ahead most likely.
    Starting lvling as unholy as it's how I'm geared

Obliteration Frost

I'm going 2hand Frost. I just always enjoyed the spec, it felt very organic to me. And despite whatever the numbers might say, to me a Death Knight feels like it's "supposed" to wield a 2hander.

Although, something feels... "off". I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it feels different than it used to be. Obliterate used to hit like a FREIGHT TRAIN, now it feels like it barely even tickles enemies (far more noticeable in PvP).

Either way, though, I'm definitely enjoying the feel of the rotation again. I just never quite clicked with Unholy. I'll admit, I do miss the passive summoning minions from Legion (it felt really cool just constantly summoning skeletal minions and zombies), but I hated relying on a Pet so heavily for damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Although, something feels... "off". I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it feels different than it used to be. Obliterate used to hit like a FREIGHT TRAIN, now it feels like it barely even tickles enemies (far more noticeable in PvP).
    Possibly that you don't get the ability to go 2hander until level 58?

Also where's the option for us Blood retards who are going to pull half the zone, die, respawn, pull 1/4 the zone, die, then go Frost?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy....
    But it's only an alt, so it will probably take a few months before he starts to level.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy/10

Always Unholy, for that matter.

Giving Frost the 2-handed weapon capability was nice of Blizzard but ultimately a waste of time. It wasn't on the same level as dual-wield in the beta and they even nerfed it further. I suppose it's just fun to watch in action rather than play though.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-11-21 at 05:41 PM.

To be honest, it depends which one feels better starting out at a low stat threshold. I don't know if any of you leveled a DK early in BFA but it was so damn slow, just hoping thats not the case with at least one of the specs in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't know if any of you leveled a DK early in BFA but it was so damn slow, just hoping thats not the case with at least one of the specs in SL.
    This is why i dropped BFA before event hitting 120... i just hope the new increase to pet dmg will help with this.

Blood, the best spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Blood, the best spec.
    My main concern with blood is that it will just be too low dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost, always and only frost since WotLK. Using both weapon styles and went Night Fae.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    My main concern with blood is that it will just be too low dmg.

Luckily Blood is a tanking spec and damage is not the spec's priority.

But even to that point, I've been doing random dungeon queues to help get the level advantage and as Blood I'm usually topping damage charts (or consistently at #2) during AoE pulls. So /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Frost, always and only frost since WotLK. Using both weapon styles and went Night Fae.

I was just coming in here to say that it might be worth leveling as Frost rather than Unholy, as Unholy feels too gimped from the lack of secondary stats.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-11-25 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Luckily Blood is a tanking spec and damage is not the spec's priority.

My point was that it would not be fun for me to quest in a spec with low damage.

Unholy is one of the few specs in the game right now that I don't have a lot of complaints about, so this will likely be how I spend the majority of this expansion.

I've been an Unholy DK since the end of Cata, that's not going to change.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX