what is the best leveling path for new accounts?

For new accounts what would be the best path? Since they don't have access to Chromie. Asking for a friend.

You do get access to Chromie at level 10, dont you?

Exiles Reach goes very quick, I've used it on most of my alts until I got bored of it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    You do get access to Chromie at level 10, dont you?

Exiles Reach goes very quick, I've used it on most of my alts until I got bored of it recently.
    You only get access to Chromie if you have one character that leveled via BFA.

WoWHeads guide for 110-120 is probably accurate enough for the 10-50 side without Chromie Time as you don't get it on your first character. It recommends this:

The most efficient zone order for Alliance is Drustvar > Tiragarde Sound > Stormsong Valley.
    The most efficient zone order for Horde is Vol'dun > Zuldazar > Nazmir.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You only get access to Chromie if you have one character that leveled via BFA.
    I had no clue, that seems like a really weird design decision by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    I had no clue, that seems like a really weird design decision by Blizzard.
    Only for your first character - the idea was that you knew the story before heading into the SL... Not that it matters all that much.

Apparently only the first character of theirs would be designated to go through the most recent expansion first, so any other character they make after that they should be able to go through Chromie Time (so literally, you could just make a character, delete it, make it again to bypass that if you wanted as far as I understand it). If you just want to know fastest leveling path in BFA, you don't get a choice of zones as you're tunneled through a specific zone path in the early leveling version of it. And in terms of if you decide to make Chromie Time available to the new account or not, fastest leveling in Shadowlands is estimated here in order of fastest to slowest to be: Draenor, Legion, BFA, Mists, Cata, Wrath, BC - with Wrath and BC taking about twice as long as Draenor and Legion by comparison (12 & 14 hrs vs 24 and 24 hrs).

Your path is set for you by zone levels.
    You can see this if you stay on the BFA line when creating a new character.
    Like, Alliance goes Tiragarde Sound, then Drustvar, then Stormsong Valley.
    Horde goes Zuldazar > Nazmir > Vol'dun

can we directly go to any area (ex: Hillsbrad Foothills or barrens) and start picking quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    can we directly go to any area (ex: Hillsbrad Foothills or barrens) and start picking quests?
    Areas still have a minimum level but then they will scale up with you. You can see those exakt levelranges ingame when hovering over the zones. Atleast this is the information I have, which can be wrong, tho.