Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Shoehorned in.. Ya let's just gloss over the fact that Calia Menethil probably has more standing with the Forsaken people than Sylvannas ever did. They were her subjects before the Scourge hit. Sylvannas just uses them as pawns.
    She was a princess and she was being married off. When the scourge came she didn't stay and fight, she ran off. When the Forsaken came back around she didn't mediate or take the side of "her people", she stayed hidden.

She has zero standing with the Forsaken. If anything the Forsaken should be hostile towards her, instead of her coming around when they actually needed her, she's coming around now when she isn't needed, but it sure seems the Forsaken are in an unstable situation; which further makes her look like she is trying to take advantage of a situation.

And I'm not even going to bother explaining Sylvanas, if that needs to be explained to you, you need to go back and brush up on all the game's lore and story lines since War3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    She hasnt really tried to help them yet. Voss is still technically leading them while trying to get Calia to take over as she sees herself as ill suited to lead them.
    The only help Calia gave the Forsaken was to those that wished to reconnect with their families in the Alliance and who wanted to leave the Horde. These 2 things so far show that she isn’t interested in the Forsaken and only wants to help those that are willing to go against their own people for a past they have yet been unable to achieve. Even without Sylvanas interference we don’t know what would have happened to them at large by others who are still prejudiced against the Forsaken.

It’s too early to tell, but I’m hoping Calia fails as a leader and representative of her people’s interests and Voss steps up as the leader. Voss, as I’ve stated earlier, has also been shown to be a character who has overcome her own self loathing to become a better, stronger character that could truly help the Forsaken accept themselves and their fate and become better.
    That all stated and now aside, what are Blizzard’s plans to make Forsaken not an endangered and dying (slight pun intended) race as they can’t resist new ones without Sylvanas control over the Dark Val’kyr?
    That's another thing...she hasn't done much but people are acting like she appointed herself Queen of Lordaeron and defacto leader of the Forsaken. We don't know what's in store yet...we've seen almost nothing since her resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Calia has no right to lead them. she is not the rightful queen to anything.
    This is kinda wrong tho, isn't it? I mean, lore wise, the Forsaken are, for the most part Lordaeron humans, yes? (Or Lordaeron Forsaken, but I bet lots still think of themselves as humans)
    I've seen nothing that indicates the Forsaken abandoned their country (Given that they were quite happy to moved back into their old villages and live under the old capital city...hell, they even left the king's throne alone and didn't smash it up or vandalize it).

SO they never stopped being citizens of Lordareon (And I'd argue still are, as they are undead, not fully dead) which in turn means they still fall under the rule of the Menethil family, so that would mean that "legally" despite them following Sylv, up until wrath, Arthas was their legal king and Calia has been their legal queen since his full death. (as far as I know, no other Menethils are alive or undead)

Forsakens have no real reason to hate her, as most of them wouldn't have known she was alive until recently and she never (again until recently) had any interest in claiming the throne. (plus she was never part of the modern/wow era alliance, I believe she only came into the game as part of the priest stuff in legion which both factions could do)
    Plus her having become undead herself has her better placed to empathize with and lead them.

Plus it's been show alot of the hatreds the forsaken had originated from Sylvanas (There was an official story where a bunch of forsaken were given the option to reunite with living family by Anduin and Calia and it was shown both sides wanted to reunite...it was Sylvanas that ruined it!)

Also, Sylvanas herself was never even the same race as the forsaken, even in undeath, she was a Banshee, not a Forsaken/zombie human.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2020-11-22 at 08:54 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    You are correct, also why the heck is a light abomination even in Orgrimmar. If I were Horde, I would have lost my appetite seeing that thing there. Especially on top of Grommash Hold? Boy if Garrosh was still around, she'd be thrown from the ramparts.
    As if the Horde hasn't had light worshippers in it since classic in the standard way and multiple ones in alternate ways since Cata. Stop acting like the Light is an Alliance-only entity. You're just throwing around buzzwords with no substance to incite chaos. As for Gary, the only thing he had a problem with was fel cuz daddy issues. Void and dark shamanism a-ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    She was a princess and she was being married off. When the scourge came she didn't stay and fight, she ran off. When the Forsaken came back around she didn't mediate or take the side of "her people", she stayed hidden.

She has zero standing with the Forsaken. If anything the Forsaken should be hostile towards her, instead of her coming around when they actually needed her, she's coming around now when she isn't needed, but it sure seems the Forsaken are in an unstable situation; which further makes her look like she is trying to take advantage of a situation.

And I'm not even going to bother explaining Sylvanas, if that needs to be explained to you, you need to go back and brush up on all the game's lore and story lines since War3.
    She was a princess and she was going to be married off by her father who was being mind controlled by Deathwing. That's all we know. Everything after that is your headcanon.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    As if the Horde hasn't had light worshippers in it since classic in the standard way and multiple ones in alternate ways since Cata. Stop acting like the Light is an Alliance-only entity. You're just throwing around buzzwords with no substance to incite chaos. As for Gary, the only thing he had a problem with was fel cuz daddy issues. Void and dark shamanism a-ok.

- - - Updated - - -

She was a princess and she was going to be married off by her father who was being mind controlled by Deathwing. That's all we know. Everything after that is your headcanon.
    Aha really? Interesting that means Deathwing wanted her out of the way, any hint given as to the reason? Influence over her brother and father or something else?
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Aha really? Interesting that means Deathwing wanted her out of the way, any hint given as to the reason? Influence over her brother and father or something else?
    She was to be married off to Deathwing (Daval Prestor).
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I thought Voss was the acting leader of the Forsaken.
    i think it was said somewhere that she's kinda acting leader until Calia eventually fills the roll. Basically because none of the Horde players want her as a leader, but Blizzard does so they have to wait a minute to put her in it.

I've been bitching about this for years, not that im a forsaken player, but the Forsaken lacked a lot of important characters while other races were developing up notable characters and now Nathanos and Sylvanas are gone and we have a forsaken chick who wasn't apart of the Forsaken before BFA, Calia who is an alliance character and Derek Proudmore... and i'd assume if you're a forsaken player invested into the faction, you'd be really irritated that these are your candidates for leader.

But there's still hope. Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    UNfortunately you surely mean? Garrosh is one of the worst written "big" characters in all of Warcraft lore and I prayed so hard that he would just be "done with" after MoP. But no he is now shoehorned back in and they are most likely going to give him the most undeserved character redemption arc in written fictional character history. I ask for ONE thing out of Shadowlands and that is for them to let Garrosh die as his "redeeming" action since I am almost dead certain they will try to redeem him in some absolutely out of character and stupid way.
    The only thing out of character in Garrosh' story is him being hit with the villain bat and using an Old God as a weapon.

He was very much against fel magic, so he should've been against void magic as well. Garrosh getting redeemed does actually make more sense than him being evil.

If Illidan can get redeemed then surely Garrosh can. They're more antihero than villain.

Anyway, I agree with OP that Calia shouldn't be near the Horde at all. We don't want Alliance characters in the Horde. If I did love them I'd be playing the their faction.
    Last edited by Daronokk; 2020-11-22 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    She was to be married off to Deathwing (Daval Prestor).
    Read up on it, was to destabilize control over Alterac Valley. So she was just a means to an end so quite a blank slate for the workers to work with.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-11-22 at 10:31 AM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I think it was Day of the Dragon, he basically pops up, says he's a relative of the Alterac people, uses some mental influence on the kings who've gathered to discuss the fate of Alterac, because their king betrayed the alliance and got most of them, even Genn who at this point in time is basically an evil guy, to legitimize him as the next king of Alterac and Terenas even arranged to marry his daughter to him. I don't remember if Calia was excited to marry him in this book, or if she was ever in it(besides mentions) but i know there's a coin of hers in Dalaran wishing he would notice her.

However in the Arthas book, I believe Christie Golden didn't get the memo that Prestor was loved by everyone and in it Terenas suspects this dude and Calia is distraught at having to marry him. Almost like that plot is in the past so it can be retconned in the present which is basically how all lore in Warcraft is treated nowadays lol.

TBH I dont remember what his overall plot was, it could have just been as simple as evil dragon trying to infiltrate kingdom and ruin it from within, maybe have them turn against Dalaran who were his enemies at the time and kicking his ass. Not sure if it had anything to do with Arthas, im sure he would have either manipulated him or killed him off.

Oh and I just remembered, he flies some hordies to Alterac where Perenolde is under house arrest, so he probably just got the idea while there to do it.

Just take the L on Valeera man damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I think it was Day of the Dragon, he basically pops up, says he's a relative of the Alterac people, uses some mental influence on the kings who've gathered to discuss the fate of Alterac, because their king betrayed the alliance and got most of them, even Genn who at this point in time is basically an evil guy, to legitimize him as the next king of Alterac and Terenas even arranged to marry his daughter to him. I don't remember if Calia was excited to marry him in this book, or if she was ever in it(besides mentions) but i know there's a coin of hers in Dalaran wishing he would notice her.

However in the Arthas book, I believe Christie Golden didn't get the memo that Prestor was loved by everyone and in it Terenas suspects this dude and Calia is distraught at having to marry him. Almost like that plot is in the past so it can be retconned in the present which is basically how all lore in Warcraft is treated nowadays lol.

TBH I dont remember what his overall plot was, it could have just been as simple as evil dragon trying to infiltrate kingdom and ruin it from within, maybe have them turn against Dalaran who were his enemies at the time and kicking his ass. Not sure if it had anything to do with Arthas, im sure he would have either manipulated him or killed him off.

Oh and I just remembered, he flies some hordies to Alterac where Perenolde is under house arrest, so he probably just got the idea while there to do it.
    Yes just read up on it. https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Daval_Prestor

That's the overall issue with writing in warcraft right now i believe it is handed off to the (newer?) writers with too much freedom since the person originally involved i believe Metzen is no longer involved. They need some sort of person in company passionate enough about the matter to evaluate the stories. I know it wasn't consistent before (red shirt guy) but it seems to be going in all sort of directions right now with older characters being re-introduced.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

He was pretending to be a nobleman with holdings in Alterac and wanted to marry into the royal family for unknown, but likely power related, reasons. After Rhonin helped destroy the Dragon Soul and free Alexstrasza he was forced to flee until he reappeared in Cata, abandoning his plans and everyone forgot his human guise ever existed. After this the only mention of Calia is of death knight Arthas pondering where she went as he slaughters his way through Lordaeron City.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Voss IMO would have been a better choice based on the opinions of people I have seen over at the official forums.
    Voss is the de facto leader of the Forsaken

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I thought Voss was the acting leader of the Forsaken.
    she is. Calia is helping the murdered night elves.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's not; it's a fictional character in a video game. Grow up.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, if Alliance once got a Garrosh carbon copy in the form of Varian, who was effectively the blue Warchief, Horde can now get multiple carbon copies of Anduin in the form of Baine, Bob, Calia et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Thankfully, the story isn't decided by detached haters.

Calia is the best thing that ever happened to the Forsaken. They will be able to seek out their families and be happy in undeath without being prosecuted.
    It's a great step forward. Also, the light undeath might be their future without valkyrs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Thankfully, the story isn't decided by detached haters.

Calia is the best thing that ever happened to the Forsaken. They will be able to seek out their families and be happy in undeath without being prosecuted.
    It's a great step forward.
    And in the meantime killing their identity, to subsume them in that amorphous blob of universal love and acceptance that is Golden's trademark. At that point they won't even deserve the "Forsaken" moniker lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    And in the meantime killing their identity, to subsume them in that amorphous blob of universal love and acceptance that is Golden's trademark. At that point they won't even deserve the "Forsaken" moniker lmao.
    No, it kills what you personally want them to be.