What's up with they shadowy organization from Legion

I am pretty hyped for Shadowlands but I had a couple of concerns pertaining to the lore in Legion. What happened to the Uncrowned? We ever going to hear more about them in Shadowlands? They were by far the most badass organization in the game. Also, are we to assume that the Shadows of the Uncrowned are pretty much holding the same rank? Or has something changed and new people were added and/or replaced? What's with up with Vanessa, she still an underling to the Shadows of the Uncrowned? Or has she gained rank ever since we left Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    All of the Order Halls are still in operation, but we don't know what most of their activities are post-Legion. The Ebon Blade has a prominent role in Shadowlands, where as the Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring are concerned with damage done at the Wound in Silithus during BfA. We don't know what the Uncrowned or VanCleef herself are up to currently.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    All of the Order Halls are still in operation, but we don't know what most of their activities are post-Legion. The Ebon Blade has a prominent role in Shadowlands, where as the Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring are concerned with damage done at the Wound in Silithus during BfA. We don't know what the Uncrowned or VanCleef herself are up to currently.
    Vancleef has not become on a Shadow I assume right? Is her rank still below Shadow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Vancleef has not become on a Shadow I assume right? Is her rank still below Shadow?
    She becomes one of the champions of the Shadowblade, so I would assume that includes her becoming a full-fledged Shadow.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the problems with the game going on so long is there are so many organizations and groups that you wonder how anything could be a threat anymore. Doesn't the Alliance have a spaceship with a orbital lazer now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    One of the problems with the game going on so long is there are so many organizations and groups that you wonder how anything could be a threat anymore. Doesn't the Alliance have a spaceship with a orbital lazer now?
    Yeah but they lost it in the barrens due to a draenei piloting error.

She becomes one of the champions of the Shadowblade, so I would assume that includes her becoming a full-fledged Shadow.
    According to: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Uncrowned

She is not a Shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    According to: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Uncrowned

She is not a Shadow.
    Guess not, then - she remains just a Champion of the Uncrowned.

Guess not, then - she remains just a Champion of the Uncrowned.
    If she ranks below the Shadows then why doesn't for example, Valeera Sanguinar have Vancleef watch her back for protection, she is currently in Orgrimmar, so why she did not appoint Vancleef as her bodyguard there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If she ranks below the Shadows then why doesn't for example, Valeera Sanguinar have Vancleef watch her back for protection, she is currently in Orgrimmar, so why she did not appoint Vancleef as her bodyguard there?
    Valeera likely doesn't trust Vanessa very much and she also has little need for a bodyguard and thus probably no desire for one, Vanessa or otherwise.

Halls of Valor are supposed to be heaven for worthy warriors and valkyrs personally get them there after they die. Yet this whole concept is completely ignored in SLs. At this point I don't believe SLs are "the" afterlife. I believe anyone could grab a soul and put it in their own death realm acting like theirs is TOTES the real one, Kyrians are just the fastest, usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Halls of Valor are supposed to be heaven for worthy warriors and valkyrs personally get them there after they die. Yet this whole concept is completely ignored in SLs. At this point I don't believe SLs are "the" afterlife. I believe anyone could grab a soul and put it in their own death realm acting like theirs is TOTES the real one, Kyrians are just the fastest, usually.
    Well, no not really. The Halls of Valor catch souls before they could get into the shadow lands. Odyn is basically stealing souls he deems worthy for his army.
    He also traded one of his eyes with one unnamed entity in the shadowlands for the ability to peak in there.

Valeera likely doesn't trust Vanessa very much and she also has little need for a bodyguard and thus probably no desire for one, Vanessa or otherwise.
    Why the lack of trust? It's not like Vanessa can pull something or try to betray Valeera, the Uncrowned would be watching her closely and making sure she fulfills her duty as a bodyguard. Also if she does try something, she would lose her head for betrayal, i imagine Vanessa values her life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they technically disband after the war started up? I can't recall what their policy on faction conflict was.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    All the Legion Order Halls likely shifted focus to other things or just disbanded when the Fourth War started. The Ebon Blade joining forces with Bolvar during Legion is well known. We also know the Ebon Blade was secretly collecting the bodies of fallen soldiers on Bolvar's behalf during the events of BFA from every battlefield. We presumed this was just to explain Allied Race and Pandaren DKs but the scale clearly indicates otherwise.

The Earthen Ring and Cenarion Circle focusing on The Wound in Silithus is another example of post-Legion Order Halls doing stuff in BFA. The lack of actual post-expansion "closure" for factions is something we all should be used to by now since TBC.

The Uncrowned probably disbanded when the Fourth War (BFA) started. Mia Greymane probably didn't know about the events of Elegy/A Good War when it was happening but probably learned of it after the fact. Biggest clue to that is Genn commenting he doesn't know where she is in Elegy.

We do know for sure The Argent Crusade is officially led by Lord Maxwell Tyrosus post-Legion officially. Odyn leads the Valarjar while Archbishop Alonsus Faol leads the Conclave. Everyone else, we have no idea who leads them without the Player Character. Bolvar officially leads the Ebon Blade post-BFA--Darion Mograine reverted to interim leader during BFA I assume--while Cenarius leads the Cenarion Circle. By the way. Jorach Ravenholdt is likely the sole leader of the Uncrowned on that note.

Unless otherwise noted, we should just assume the Player Character's roles a leader of Order Halls and Commander of Frostwall/Lunarfall is non-canon until proven otherwise =P
    Last edited by Aurabolt; 2020-11-21 at 06:44 PM.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D