Low end PC Build advice

Budget: $1500 NZD
    Resolution 1080p
    System Purpose (gaming, workstation, HTPC, etc): Simple gaming
    If a gaming system, what games and settings are desired? Overwatch/COD Warzone
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) nope
    Do you plan to overclock? No
    Preferred Stores / Sites: Whatever's cheapest
    Parts that can be reused: None.
    Do you need an OS? Yes
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No.

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/rmXcxc

I am here once again, seeking feedback on a build. This time for a friend of mine living in New Zealand. We want lower end where possible.
    1 main question I have (other than overall feedback) Do you need a CPU cooler or can you use the one that comes with the CPU and be fine?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get a windows license way cheaper. Paying full price for a windows license is kinda dumb, especially an OEM version.
    You got an SFX PSU, not an ATX
    The case you picked is pretty bad, you want the "A" suffix variant

A 1070 is.. Old. 2 generations so at this point. But it's apparently cheaper than a 1660super which performs about the same, so.. Go nuts.

Also, this isn't a low-end build, this is a mid-tier

nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/krxzPV i think this will be better with the 5600xt and r5 3600 .Also there are a lot of sites where you can buy a windows licence for 10-20$ or you can just roll with the watermark. hope it helps

10+ Year Old Account
    If by any chance you have an old Windows 7 retail key around that will work to activate Windows 10.

Here's my take:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/ybwxgt

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($260.00 @ Mighty Ape)
    Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($125.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
    Memory: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($120.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
    Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($175.00 @ PB Technologies)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB TUF OC Video Card ($495.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
    Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($136.85 @ PB Technologies)
    Power Supply: Silverstone Essential 550 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($99.00 @ Computer Lounge)
    Custom: OEM Windows Key ($40.00)
    Total: $1450.85
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-22 14:53 NZDT+1300
    That NZ VAT/Import Tax is real, yo.

Changes and why:

RAM - cheaper kit that will perform just as well.

Storage - swapped to a single NVMe SSD. You were overpaying out the nose for that Samsung, and falling back on spinning rust. Yuck. Yeah, you lose 250GB of total capacity... but its all NVMe here.

Video Card - using the savings elsewhere, kicked this up to a GTX 2060

PSU - Large overspend on an SFX (why?) PSU. Yes, this isn't modular... but do you really need that? Especially with that case, which has a great basement to hold unused cables.... i'd save the cash.

Windows - there are many places to grab an OEM Windows copy, and they are usually between 15-20$ USD, so i estimated ~40$ NZD.

If you wanted to, you could keep the lower-end GPU (though id spend he extra few $ on the 1660 SUPER because itll receive more driver updates/have better longevity), and upgrade the CPU to the 3600... but while there would be a performance improvement, i dont think it would be as noticeable as a better GPU - the 2600 is not exactly a weak CPU or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't spend almost $200 on windows

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Here's my take:

That NZ VAT/Import Tax is real, yo.

Changes and why:

RAM - cheaper kit that will perform just as well.

Storage - swapped to a single NVMe SSD. You were overpaying out the nose for that Samsung, and falling back on spinning rust. Yuck. Yeah, you lose 250GB of total capacity... but its all NVMe here.

Video Card - using the savings elsewhere, kicked this up to a GTX 2060

PSU - Large overspend on an SFX (why?) PSU. Yes, this isn't modular... but do you really need that? Especially with that case, which has a great basement to hold unused cables.... i'd save the cash.

Windows - there are many places to grab an OEM Windows copy, and they are usually between 15-20$ USD, so i estimated ~40$ NZD.

If you wanted to, you could keep the lower-end GPU (though id spend he extra few $ on the 1660 SUPER because itll receive more driver updates/have better longevity), and upgrade the CPU to the 3600... but while there would be a performance improvement, i dont think it would be as noticeable as a better GPU - the 2600 is not exactly a weak CPU or anything.
    Cheers for this, went for higher end PSU because I don't want to skimp on a good PSU and end up with power issues - happy to take your recommendation though.
    I'm not sure about the Windows OS - $20 US would be great but i've never seen it be sold around that price. Is this just buying a key from somewhere like g2a.com?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You can get a windows license way cheaper. Paying full price for a windows license is kinda dumb, especially an OEM version.
    You got an SFX PSU, not an ATX
    The case you picked is pretty bad, you want the "A" suffix variant

A 1070 is.. Old. 2 generations so at this point. But it's apparently cheaper than a 1660super which performs about the same, so.. Go nuts.

Also, this isn't a low-end build, this is a mid-tier
    Thanks for this. Kagthul provided some recommendations below which I'll pickup to fix the PSU and i've switched to the A version of the case.

Kagthul made an excellent choice/recommendation within the budget. If you could bump the CPU to R5 3600 it would be perfect.