Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is your oldest possession?

I still have books from pre school days.

Old as in the object itself is old ? Then, probably photos my grand parents took when they were young.

Or the object in my possession for the longest time ? Then, my body ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a little plush mouse my mother made me when I was around 5. After that I started making my own plushies etc at the age of 5-6 and nowadays I make stuff out of leather. So that mouse is special to me.

this tiny teddy bear that i was trying to buy when i was a kid, but didn't have enough money for. a stranger bought it for me. i don't even remember the face or even the gender of the stranger but it's a small act of kindness i like to be reminded of...probably at least 20 years old at this point

Small blanket I was wrapped in as an infant.

I love the thread, where everybody willingly gives their answers to a common "security" question for online accounts.

some stuff that used to belong to my grandparents. nothing fancy all the heirloom stuff is in the parent/uncles/aunt generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoss View Post
    I love the thread, where everybody willingly gives their answers to a common "security" question for online accounts.
    never seen that as a security question. are those even still used nowadays?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I am not even christian, but I have a two or threehundred year old bible laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    some stuff that used to belong to my grandparents. nothing fancy all the heirloom stuff is in the parent/uncles/aunt generation.

- - - Updated - - -

never seen that as a security question. are those even still used nowadays?
    Yes, they are being used, even by Apple and Google (although they are no longer allowing you to add new ones or set those up if you create a new account. Many large enterprise websites (think older banking websites, large store chains) are slow to adopt modern security mechanisms and are still using these.

Out of the tens of thousands of online accounts, one can have I am pretty sure you never had to sign up for more than a thousand, so one's own experience is a bad measure of a security question being used or not.
    In theory it is a good enough security question, since it is not trivial to guess, but security questions are

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My house is 124 years old, from 1897, so I´d say that.

However, it is renovated and far more modern than many current houses as we have a smart house system and the kitchen is sort of state of art design =o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoss View Post
    To be honest, I never saw this question on one of those

10+ Year Old Account
    My social security card. Got it like 2 months after birth.

Some rock from Egypt pyramid, so a couple thousand years maybe....oh and a fossil that's a few million years old

Off the top of my head, some silver spoons from 1794 that have been in the family since then, that I now have. Also a walnut box from sometime during the late 1700s that has also been in the family since then.

I have a cast-iron skillet owned by great great great grandmother. It's over 100 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would probably be my killer whale plush. Had it since I was a very wee lad. I don't even remember who gave it me (probably parents), where, or how I got it. All I know is that I used to be basically obsessed with the movie Free Willy back then, watching the original movie several times so maybe that had something to do with it.

I also have this small white "beanie baby" type rabbit plush. Was also something I've had all my life basically.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I still have books from pre school days.
    Several paintings of flowers and skulls that i was gifted when i was born.

No, i'm not a vampire.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

probably baseball cards!

10+ Year Old Account
    My first guitar, a Gibson Acoustic given to me by my father when i was 8. He has passed now and im 53, its the most valuable possession I own, not because its worth money, but because the memories are priceless.

A doll I had my mom make for me when I was like 4. I'm 28 now.