Survival Hunter needed changes

Some changes I would like to see on Survival Hunter, that could make it more enjoyable for me :

- Wildfire Bomb affect by Mastery (by a lower % to avoid making it being op)

- Mongoose Bite and Wildfire Infusion baseline, those 2 talents are already mandatory

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make survival ranged again.

Name the current shredded remains of survival commando as fourth spec or something for the 6 people that actually like it.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Make survival ranged again.

Name the current shredded remains of survival commando as fourth spec or something for the 6 people that actually like it.

Well I don't think this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Well I don't think this will happen.
    Just like community accepting melee sv as non meme spec.

Quote Originally Posted by keyone01 View Post
    Just like community accepting melee sv as non meme spec.
    It's not a meme spec, just needs some changes.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2020-11-22 at 12:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    It's not a meme spec, just needs some changes.
    Yes, it needs to be the spec it was for a decade instead of the mutilated remains it is now.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

I would like Mongoose Bite and Flanking Strike baseline. Flanking strike is a nice thematically ability for survival where you and your pet attack as one. Shame they made it talented.

1. Mongoose bite should be baseline, without the plate spinning from legion or the spear, the issues that made it a problem are gone and it would give the spec a foundational identity to build from.
    2. Remove Kill command and replace it with Flanking strike. Even if the spell was identical having its own nuke would go a huge way to make survival feel not like a shitty version of BM
    2a. Make the KC reset proc off of a different spell, like SS ticks or RS hits or something. Anything.
    3. Make a DPS traps baseline: Steel trap for ST (make the talent a bleed or extra charges or both); Shrapnel trap for Aoe; Hell, make Serpent sting, serpent trap.
    4. Wildfire infusion is baseline
    5. Replace wildfire infusion's spot in the talent tree with some bleed focused ability so you can do a full flanking strike bleed build.

Would these changes make survival more fun to play? Probably. Will they make it viable in PvE? There's probably nothing that can do that.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I would like Mongoose Bite and Flanking Strike baseline. Flanking strike is a nice thematically ability for survival where you and your pet attack as one. Shame they made it talented.
    Yeah, flaking strike would be great as a baseline ability.

Give Some melee utility or even 1, could be either:

MT, CB, shout, aoe stun, baseline binding shot, group defensive... there are many ideas and only 1 could make the difference.

Also they still need to add 3% parry and make bombs stopped by either AMS or hand of protection, not both!

I don't get the fantasy of survival... You go melee and you also got a pet abilities that you can use in medium range... And you got also range skills....

Make Flanking Strike baseline.

Replace the Flanking Strike talent with a new one:
    *Enter the Flay - After using Wildfire Bomb for 5 seconds your Raptor Strikes/Mongoose Bites cleave up to 5 enemies in front of you in a cone."

Make Binding Shot baseline.

Replace Binding Shot talent with a new one:
    *Binding Trap - Replaces Binding Shot. Hurls a Binding Trap at the target location. Upon activation the Binding Trap stuns all enemies within 8 yards for 3 seconds and applies a bleed to them for 10 seconds that deal X damage.*

These are mainly ideas for M+ and I think these would push Survival into top tier quickly.

The issue with survival hunter is not that the output is bad, the issue is that you have to compete with melee with much better utility.
    Giving an AoE stun to survival would benefit it greatly.