Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's the same reason people will try to win a marathon, and beat their old time... even though it is 2,500-year-old content.

Sure, not everyone wants to run a marathon... we have cars, after all. But, some people like to run, so let them.

This is how you sound, complaining that trand and field competitions and the Olympics are a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    How does it not work quite like that? Please, enlighten me and tell me how it works if you are so educated on the subject (clearly not if you are asking this question @OP).
    I already told you.

So yes, human psychology can be complicated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's the same reason people will try to win a marathon, and beat their old time... even though it is 2,500-year-old content.

Sure, not everyone wants to run a marathon... we have cars, after all. But, some people like to run, so let them.

This is how you sound, complaining that trand and field competitions and the Olympics are a thing.
    I never complained, I asked.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care so much about how others are enjoying the game?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Why do you care so much about how others are enjoying the game?
    Why do you care so much to ask someone why they care so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    I already told you.

- - - Updated - - -

I never complained, I asked.
    Bullshit, you are simply whining and shitposting. So, unless you want to whine that the Olympics and sports are pointless, then you are being a disingenuous hypocrite. If you do want to whine about sports and the Olympics, then you are ignorant of the competitive nature of humans.

So, disingenuous shitposter, or ignorant... pick one.

Bullshit, you are simply whining and shitposting. So, unless you want to whine that the Olympics and sports are pointless, then you are being a disingenuous hypocrite. If you do want to whine about sports and the Olympics, then you are ignorant of the competitive nature of humans.

So, disingenuous shitposter, or ignorant... pick one.
    I do think the olympics are shit tbh - mostly amateur sportspeople competing. So yeah, pretty shit overall.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care so much to ask someone why they care so much?
    Ok, clearly you have a superiority complex. I was hoping I'd be able to open your mind to the possibility that the world doesn't revolve around you. There's really no need to question why anyone does anything. What they do isn't affecting you in any way. They enjoy it and you don't. It's ok. Let it go.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Ok, clearly you have a superiority complex. I was hoping I'd be able to open your mind to the possibility that the world doesn't revolve around you. There's really no need to question why anyone does anything. What they do isn't affecting you in any way. They enjoy it and you don't. It's ok. Let it go.
    The irony in that post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already told you.

Clearly, you haven't, but ok boomer.

This isn't about me, my goals or challenges. I asked to try understand why people set goals like this, for example, why set a goal to 'be the fastest in the world' when the majority of the best gamers aren't even about to try.
    It doesn't quite work like that I'm afraid.

''I give a reply that is acceptable to me, thread is over'' hmmm, ok.

Others have already given much more insightful replies, You've added very little here.
    -K

I do think the olympics are shit tbh - mostly amateur sportspeople competing. So yeah, pretty shit overall.
    So, ignorant of human nature as a whole... got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Clearly, you haven't, but ok boomer.
    Not being told and not understanding are two different things, ''boomer'' (I mean, who tf really calls people boomer, hahaha)

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely, I mean anyone who doesn't like something has to be ignorant of human nature as a whole, right?

This isn't about me, my goals or challenges. I asked to try understand why people set goals like this, for example, why set a goal to 'be the fastest in the world' when the majority of the best gamers aren't even about to try.
    Come on, man... I can't honestly believe you're being fair here. People shouldn't be trying to do things because de majority of the people in their group aren't doing it ? Do you see how this is not making any sense ?

People try to win the Tour de France even if most people who have a bike never even considered it, the same with Formula 1 Grand Prix and people enjoying tuning their car. There is an infinity of examples like this, with card games, dice games, sports, writing, movie making... There will always be people challenging their limits and the "field" limits (here video games). That's normal and it's a good thing, because pushing the limits bring innovation.

Do you really think that if a hardcore/world first raiders community didn't emerge in WoW back in Vanilla, the game content would be like this coming into Shadowlands ? The fact that it's taking place in Classic as well is not surprising. If anything, it shows that even 15 years later, the game is still able to emulate new challenging ways to be played, and it's quite amazing to see, in my opinion.

Honestly, I feel you're trying to find new original answers to a question that is not complicated at all. Many people in this thread already gave their take on it and most are right in their own way.

Nah, sounds more like he works entirely on external motivation and hasn't experienced any self motivation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Nah, sounds more like he works entirely on external motivation and hasn't experienced any self motivation yet.
    I'm content with him admitting to being willfully ignorant. That's good enough for me.

Kids, let me make something clear, before uncle knobhead (aucald) jumps in and bans me - I give zero fucks about old runs, the reason people do it or not, I just find it amusing how many nerds jump all over a forum post and cry because someone else has a different view.

Get a grip

(sincere apologies to the decent folk who answered nicely! You are not the losers this thread was aimed to incite)

Rage on nerds!

Not being told and not understanding are two different things, ''boomer'' (I mean, who tf really calls people boomer, hahaha)

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely, I mean anyone who doesn't like something has to be ignorant of human nature as a whole, right?
    Thanks for admitting to being willfully ignorant. We all have now confirmed that you realize this is your problem.

Thanks for admitting to being willfully ignorant. We all have now confirmed that you realize this is your problem.
    rage on nerd

Kids, let me make something clear, before uncle knobhead (aucald) jumps in and bans me - I give zero fucks about old runs, the reason people do it or not, I just find it amusing how many nerds jump all over a forum post and cry because someone else has a different view.

Get a grip

(sincere apologies to the decent folk who answered nicely! You are not the losers this thread was aimed to incite)

Rage on nerds!
    Now you just admitted to trolling, as well.

Now you just admitted to trolling, as well.
    Yes, the whole point of the thread you fucking idiot.

Yes, the whole point of the thread you fucking idiot.
    Thanks for confirming.