What should be the normal fan speed of a gaming PC.

Not a tech guy just wondering if PC fan run fast does it mean my computer is overheating. Plus what should be the normal cpu fan speed. which software is best to control PC fan speed?

No.

Your PC melting is a sign of that. As long as your fans are spinning and your PC continues to operate normally you should be fine.

You could always check your core and GPU temps to make sure but if you don't know anything about that you might as well be looking at random numbers.

Also, don't touch your fan speed manually if you don't know what you're doing. Reducing it could well lead to what you're afraid of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chikor View Post
    Not a tech guy just wondering if PC fan run fast does it mean my computer is overheating. Plus what should be the normal cpu fan speed. which software is best to control PC fan speed?
    What makes you think that the fan is going too fast or is running too often?

I would always start by looking at the easiest thing to fix. If you are asking the above because of it being noisy... check to make sure every thing is screwed on tight. Anything loose will create noise, due to the spinning.

What are you doing, when the fan is exhibiting this behavior? What is the specific behavior that makes you ask this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    No.

Your PC melting is a sign of that. As long as your fans are spinning and your PC continues to operate normally you should be fine.

You could always check your core and GPU temps to make sure but if you don't know anything about that you might as well be looking at random numbers.

Also, don't touch your fan speed manually if you don't know what you're doing. Reducing it could well lead to what you're afraid of.
    Yeah, I doubt it’s over heating. I bet it’s the noise...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a tech guy just wondering if PC fan run fast does it mean my computer is overheating.
    no

Plus what should be the normal cpu fan speed.
    Depends on your cooler

which software is best to control PC fan speed?
    Your bios

Depends on how much air they need to push to sufficiently cool things. If you have more fans or larger fans, they wouldn’t need to run as fast.

Honestly, as long as the temperature of your components are fine and the fan isn’t broken, it’s fine. But if you want it to say, be quieter, increasing the air intake via size or count would allow you to slow down the fans and decrease the noise.

I run my fans pretty slow and at a mostly constant speed, but that’s because my computer is water-cooled with 2 big-ass radiators in the loop.

As others have said check your temps to see if they are normal. If the fan has become noisier recently it may be to due to a build up of dust on the front filter (if you have one) or the cpu cooler which is easily sorted with a can of compressed air.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    No.

well i have downloaded core temp and it's showing my cpu temp at 50 most. But still my PC fans runs like a rocket for a short time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What makes you think that the fan is going too fast or is running too often?

I would always start by looking at the easiest thing to fix. If you are asking the above because of it being noisy... check to make sure every thing is screwed on tight. Anything loose will create noise, due to the spinning.

What are you doing, when the fan is exhibiting this behavior? What is the specific behavior that makes you ask this?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I doubt it’s over heating. I bet it’s the noise...
    my fans runs like a rocket although for a short time. but it happens quite often. When i play game like the old one age of empire the fan start spinning but when i closed it the fan still run for almost an hour.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    well i have downloaded core temp and it's showing my cpu temp at 50 most. But still my PC fans runs like a rocket for a short time.

- - - Updated - - -

my fans runs like a rocket although for a short time. but it happens quite often. When i play game like the old one age of empire the fan start spinning but when i closed it the fan still run for almost an hour.
    sounds like you just have loud fans. when is the last time you cleaned heat sinks?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

about a month ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your fan is going to run but anyone who has ever heard a fan cooling anything can guesstimate normal fan noises and a fan running at 100% all the time.

Like people said, temperatures are important. See how hot your Temps are when your PC is idle vs under stress like playing a game. Noise if your fan gets an louder or stays the same.

The point is to radiate heat which the fan is just one peace in the equation. A properly installed heatsink, clean case, open vents that allow heat to escape, fan(s) to move air.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Sounds like you just have one of those shitty high rpm cpu heatsinks.

If your computer fans sound like a jet taking off, odds are your computer is running too hot.

Also take note of whether CPU or GOU temperatures are spiking, and under what load.

If your GPU spikes when gaming that's kinda normal, and it means your out of the box fan curve is likely too conservative.

Find a guide on tweaking fan curves and set then to ramp a bit higher at lower temperatures, that can help keeps temps low enough that it doesn't need to go full bore as often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have to put weights on top of the case from it lifting off then you're doing it wrong. Oh and it's got to have at the full spectrum LED display that is constantly rotating colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    If you don't have to put weights on top of the case from it lifting off then you're doing it wrong. Oh and it's got to have at the full spectrum LED display that is constantly rotating colors.
    Real Slav don’t use “fans”:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Ideally your fans should run as slow as possible for noise and ramp up as the temp increases. I just depends on what kind of cooling you have and how you have it setup.

My limit for very long gaming sessions (8+ hours) with normal ambient temperature (25-27°C) is around 1000 RPM for very silent fans (noctua or better).

WoW today looks like this for my PC: 10900k + 3080 FE

I use low noise fans and run them with low RPM just to keep everything cool enough in the long run:

with a bit of ghetto cooling the GPU and keeping its own fans also silent:

-

What cpu cooler do you have? Does your gpu have a blower style cooler? Where exactly is the noise coming from, do all fans run at a really high speed or just gpu fans for example? Could you download some software to monitor your fan RPM's and temps under heavy loads? What computer case do you have, does it have decent air intake (ie not a solid front panel) and how many fans? Have you overclocked any component?

Making your pc run as silent as possible without making it overheat too much requires some effort but it's really worth it imo. Though if you have shitty components such as a blower style gpu, you won't be able to make it very silent no matter what.
    You'll first have to make sure your components are at a healthy temperature under 100% load when the temperature has been given time to reach an equilibrium. Then you can start changing the fan curves in your bios and on your gpu software (such as msi afterburner) to make it quieter. Then it's just about finding a good sweetspot between temperature and fan noise, just make sure you test it and that your temps don't go too high, or that they just continue to rise, without reaching an equilibrium. This process will require some iterations before you reach a good compromise.

Also if the gpu or cpu fan needs to run fast, it doesn't make sense to try to make the case fans run super silent, try to balance the case fans so they run at a noise level close to the cpu and gpu fans, this will make them push more cool air into the case and hopefully this can make the gpu and cpu fans not have to run as fast, resulting in a slightly quieter overall system.