10+ Year Old Account

Where are the zombies?

I haven't played much this week but I wanted to see what this Scourge Invasion was all about and yet I can't find a single ghoul in Org. Am I looking at the wrong place? How does one take part in this thing?

I saw some in crossroads the day they got released but i haven't seen many since.

There's no reward or anything for it afaik, so i guess the novelty wears off quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I haven't played much this week but I wanted to see what this Scourge Invasion was all about and yet I can't find a single ghoul in Org. Am I looking at the wrong place? How does one take part in this thing?
    It's basically a wasted event because people threw an absolute shit storm about it the first time and an even bigger one this time. God forbid people have any annoyance for one week. In addition, if you turn WM off, you won't see them either from my understanding.

For alliance, if you find nowhere else, go to darkshire. Usually some are at goldshire. You can also find plagued roaches in SW.

Dunno about horde. I'd go to crossroads. That seemed the equivalent of darkshire for horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    For alliance, if you find nowhere else, go to darkshire. Usually some are at goldshire. You can also find plagued roaches in SW.

Dunno about horde. I'd go to crossroads. That seemed the equivalent of darkshire for horde.
    You see them in the outposts attacking new alts when the alliance isnt taking advantage of the forced flagging and parking a raid there.

Turn warmode on if its not on. I have no idea if there will be a lot of ghouls, but at least more than with warmode off :P

I have used 2 hours on this event, killed nathanos like 5 times and 3 ICC bosses. Worst pre patch in a while. But good they focus on getting SL ready instead, which is why I believe this event is lackluster.

I'm just as disappointed. This is the new zombie event. Spawn 4 zombies and die because they are severely nerfed compared to Wrath. If you want to have any fun you have to get the infection 30 minute debuff and then run to another town and then wait 20 minutes before you can do anything.

I've yet to see a single one, been in an out of Org for the last few days and nothing. I know people were complaining about them being all over the rares in Icecrown, haven't seen any there either.

They're mostly at X-roads/Darkshire... seen a lot yesterday at Nathanos, causing groups to wipe on him. For some reason there was like 15 of them in Silvermoon right as you came thru the portal from Org...

Quote Originally Posted by Unrested View Post
    I'm just as disappointed. This is the new zombie event. Spawn 4 zombies and die because they are severely nerfed compared to Wrath. If you want to have any fun you have to get the infection 30 minute debuff and then run to another town and then wait 20 minutes before you can do anything.
    I agree, I was expecting to see zombies running and infecting anything in their path. Or at least to see the zombie invasion increasing and getting out of control (since the helmet of domination was destroyed).

Instead, this prepatch event was reduced to log in every 3h 20min and kill Bronjahm, at least for me

This event was well below of what I was hoping for

10+ Year Old Account
    go to the caverns of time. i've been griefing hordies there all week

5+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty at Crossroads/Darkshire for what I saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem with zombies. They are unreliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Interesting. Maybe you could ask some of the others who have been moaning about how this is affecting their game where they being griefed.

I have seen some in Stormwind. Was infected by one there as week. Nathanos WQ is also a good choice. I have not seen mass horde of them nor major fights in the cities like the last time. I have seen quite a few skeletons in the mage tower.

Fascinating. I think I have been ganked by zombies upwards of 20 times by now.

Stormwind Dwarven District (that's where I use the AH). In the Mage Tower Portal room, there is always around 10-15 zombies waiting for spawning people. When I go for Nathanos to give my alts weapons in case I wish to go to shadowlands with them, they usually wait until you engage and then attack you. ICC rare hunting. When I was doing the pre-patch quest series, they had taken over Darkshire. There are also roaming packs jumping at you in random places (RP realm).

Stuff like that. Note that I don't play with war mode on, but Stormwind does auto-flag you. If that matters. So many zombies.

If you get the 30min debuff stacked to 10 (I think), it will turn into the 1min debuff.

You also get the 1min debuff from exploding ghoul.

Instant transformation, if you kill a plagued roach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I finally found the crates and the roaches and yeah... it's kinda bland. I got to turn into a ghoul, kill a handful of NPCs and eventually die without changing much of anything. I did get a 25g quest item for killing one of the zombies I spawned though, so that's something I guess...

Ok, I finally found the crates and the roaches and yeah... it's kinda bland. I got to turn into a ghoul, kill a handful of NPCs and eventually die without changing much of anything. I did get a 25g quest item for killing one of the zombies I spawned though, so that's something I guess...
    You can turn guards, then turn more guards until you have a little army and try to take the city. Not easy at all because you get no heal as a zombie. Also if a couple players decide they had enough of your games, they will wipe you easily.

Once you got your own army and you die, you can get to your body and then die to the zombies and continue again. Unfortunately, dying to the zombies will cause repair damage. It might work, if you stand in the pools and get the 30min debuff stacked. Not sure if that causes repair damage.