Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Pelagos the trans

VG24/7 Interview with Johnny Cash and Ely Cannon

The WoW community is very diverse, and Shadowlands has strived to introduce characters that are diverse as well, such as Pelagos being the Shadowlands version of a trans character.

transvestite community must be really happy. i guess wow is filled with or have many trans ppl playing.

So to all trans and homos GO kyrian you are going to love it !

PEACE

Yikes. /10chars
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I wouldn't mind seeing a trans character in the game, but Pelagos is a forced character as fuck.
    (Blizzard even did write a few posts about it, which makes it really cringeworthy)

people will hate him because forced sjw is never welcome
    we dont force our straight choice to trans, they should not in return

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    people will hate him because forced sjw is never welcome
    we dont force our straight choice to trans, they should not in return
    I don't even care about LGBT issues, but that's just factually incorrect.

I found it quite ironic that Blizzard / people care that much about him switching gender, path to better self, leaving past behind etc while he could just go visit the barber shop.

No wonder Blizzard nerfed Pelagos. Systematic Bigotry wins again. Wtf blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a trans character in the game, but Pelagos is a forced character as fuck.
    (Blizzard even did write a few posts about it, which makes it really cringeworthy)
    Just out of curiosity, how could it not be forced in a game like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how could it not be forced in a game like this?
    The answer is in my comment, below the first statement.
    By not even being mentioned by Blizzard a few times already.

The character exists 100% due to virtue signaling but it's really harmless. Blizzard gets their woke good boy points and continues chugging on.

If the character makes trans people happy then it's a positive inclusion regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    From what I've understood is that the only way to even actually find out about it is if you specifically go out your way and start asking about and nothing else is indicating that way. If that's not 'not' forced, then what is?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I don't have an issue with the character, I have an issue with Blizzard trying to shoehorn into everyone's face how progressive they are. Just put the character in and let people find out about it themselves. My issue is with them announcing they put the character in at every opportunity. In recent months, their woke political BS increased a lot (I remember a John Hight interview where he stated how the barbershop allows switching your character's sex now because it being a paid service "is not the political message we want to send out anymore"). If I was a trans person I'd actually feel insulted by Blizzard trying to use me just to collect woke points. Especially since it's well known that they don't care in the slightest, it's all just PR.

Also this thread won't last very long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Yea I'm gonna avoid that tranny covenant with all my 22 50's

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    From what I've understood is that the only way to even actually find out about it is if you specifically go out your way and start asking about and nothing else is indicating that way. If that's not 'not' forced, then what is?
    ???
    All you need to do is speak with the character in-game.

https://twitter.com/wowhead/status/1283970795983659008

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I don't have an issue with the character, I have an issue with Blizzard trying to shoehorn into everyone's face how progressive they are.
    Think of it like this - the company resides in California and is subject to Californian laws and culture. This was basically required of them to do unless they eventually want to appear as the black sheep of the family, so to speak. Companies are in it for profit and these kinds of moves help appease people so companies don't needlessly have to deal with drama.

I wouldn't bother personally blaming Blizzard.

This was announced like 2 months ago, you guys are late on the outrage.

Isn't he like a random npc sitting there? Who cares?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I don't have an issue with the character, I have an issue with Blizzard trying to shoehorn into everyone's face how progressive they are. Just put the character in and let people find out about it themselves. My issue is with them announcing they put the character in at every opportunity. In recent months, their woke political BS increased a lot (I remember a John Hight interview where he stated how the barbershop allows switching your character's sex now because it being a paid service "is not the political message we want to send out anymore"). If I was a trans person I'd actually feel insulted by Blizzard trying to use me just to collect woke points. Especially since it's well known that they don't care in the slightest, it's all just PR.

Also this thread won't last very long.
    I think the Alpha/Beta players would've found it out regardless tbh

And yeah, there's quite a but of shoehorning things these days I find
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Like, don't include sexuality in a PG-12 game at all?