Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    OP's attitude and bigotry are simply disgusting. Can a mod close this before it degenerates, like all those threads always do?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    The problem with this is that they're defining Pelagos as being trans. His gender is his character. That's not how you design a character. You are meant to think about WHO is Pelagos rather than WHAT.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner!
    It sickens me that these woke companies are so lazer focused on scoring political points instead of just creating entertaining characters nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This was announced like 2 months ago, you guys are late on the outrage.
    This. We already had the reactionary outrage regarding Pelagos. At this point I have to assume anyone who's still mad about it is virtue signalling just as hard as Blizzard is virtue signalling by turning him into a marketing tool in interviews and blue posts, and I'll take their own advice and ignore anyone who has to virtue signal to get their point across.

More to the point: who cares? The whole point behind the Kyrian, for better or worse, is that you leave behind all your emotional baggage and memories of your past life and begin with a clean slate, dedicated to your duty. For Pelagos, that meant manifesting as a dude in the afterlife so he wouldn't have that shit in the back of his head distracting him. We saw what happens when you jump the queue and get ascended before you're ready in Uther's short, because Devos lost faith in the system.

If it makes you feel that much better, you can pretty safely ignore Pelagos having been female in life because he doesn't bring it up very often. Again, this is by design because of how the Kyrian function.

Man, I can't wait to see people lose their shit again when they're doing the Night Fae quests and realize one of the Night Warriors from the ancient past was a gay dude with a supportive partner.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    I usually am pretty good at seeing what inclusivity things are forced or not but I really have NO IDEA how people think Pelagos being trans is forced. It is literally NOT MENTIONED AT ALL unless you personally talk to him and ask him about himself. It’s actually perfect; lgbt inclusion shouldn’t be “oh look at this trans man” it should be just normal and something that isn’t even brought up because it’s accepted.
    But but but they mentioned him in an answer they gave in an interview.
    How dare they do such a thing!?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    A guy named BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS seems to have the smartest take on this.
    Agreed.

Still, I think Nintendo might have the better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    I usually am pretty good at seeing what inclusivity things are forced or not but I really have NO IDEA how people think Pelagos being trans is forced. It is literally NOT MENTIONED AT ALL unless you personally talk to him and ask him about himself. It’s actually perfect; lgbt inclusion shouldn’t be “oh look at this trans man” it should be just normal and something that isn’t even brought up because it’s accepted.
    It's not forced ingame, that's correct. When people say it's forced they mean it is always brought up in interviews or blue posts. And it's true that Blizzard loves to shoehorn political statements into players faces in recent months (for example, that weasel J. Allen Brack wearing his pride badge whenever he makes an announcement, even during the whole Hong Kong situation that showed their hypocrisy - though I'd rather not open this can of worms right now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    The problem with this is that they're defining Pelagos as being trans. His gender is his character. That's not how you design a character. You are meant to think about WHO is Pelagos rather than WHAT.
    You literally interact with him throughout the kyrian campaign and watch him grow as a character.
    Him being trans is a single aspect of him, not his entire persona.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    All you need to do is speak with the character in-game.
    LOL - you mean he isn't even trans, he just has a male soul after having had a female body.

Jeez - Star Trek DS9 did that decades ago with trills.

Please - at least wait until something actually happens before making a big deal about it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Like, don't include sexuality in a PG-12 game at all?
    It is not sexuality but gender. There is nothing wrong with a pg-13 game including the topic of a gender change along with a short explanation from the character.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Forbidden Topic on its face. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead