Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

how to best workout at home without gear?

say day A is upper body and day B is lower

what excercises can i do without dumbels and shit? pushups, squats, planking, leg raises. what else?
    only thing i have at home are resistance rubbers, but havent done anything with them yet
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    1 punch man work out is pretty good.

100 pushups
    100 sit ups
    100 squats
    And about 12000 steps per day and ur good.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post

100 pushups
    100 sit ups
    100 squats
    I would add some rows for your back to this, using the resistance bands.

100 pushups
    100 sit ups
    100 squats
    Don't fall for the meme OP. This is not a good workout.

Look up Bullyjuice on YouTube.
    Great content

Invest in some exercise bands. They are super cheap but add a ton to a workout.

Also look up mobility workouts and yoga/pilates. They'll go a lot further than just pushups and squats for your overall health, strength and muscle balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    In what way is this not a good workout especially if rows are added stated by another poster.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post

what excercises can i do without dumbels and shit? pushups, squats, planking, leg raises. what else?
    only thing i have at home are resistance rubbers, but havent done anything with them yet
    you should look for bodyweight exercizes, you won't bulk up but you'll be fit

In what way is this not a good workout especially if rows are added stated by another poster.
    1) You should never do 100 reps of anything in a day, it's just bad
    2) Selection of movements is way too limited, repetetive stress injuries are a thing
    3) Running 10km every day (as he does in the series) does nothing but fuck up your knees

15+ Year Old Account
    2) Selection of movements is way too limited, repetetive stress injuries are a thing
    3) Running 10km every day (as he does in the series) does nothing but fuck up your knees
    Nothing states that you are required to do 100 in one sitting. You can split it up into manageable chunks. Such as do 10 reps of 10 spread out throughout the day. For the same reason it was converted to 12000 steps instead of a 10km run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poster above already stated why this is fine.
    2 you can adjust all of these to change what you are working out.
    3 run correctly to not fuck up your knees.
    Driving on Sunshine.

8 Hours arm Workout and Mutant Mass Gainer 3x a day shoopa-shoopa

eat pringles and chocolate

and why not ? if you divide it into 4 series each 25x - lets say 1 minute break between each exercise and 3-4 minutes between series. and finish it with long long walk (12k steps is like 8-9 km ) .

you could add burpees and crunches to that.

There is a massive amount of quite useful stuff online, especially booming up after the pandemic. I would just go on youtube, search for what you're looking for, and then write the interesting and challenging stuff down for you to mix and match later.
    /physio

A good way would be to look up fitness channels and take some excersises from them to do after you're done with your warmup. Work it from there. What's your goal? What works best to reach that goal? Could you also do something else, like stretching while at it as an added bonus? In general be active with what you do. Maybe something doesn't feel right because it hurts in a bad way, reserch what muscles you're using and see if you can find a practice which strenghten the supporting muscles first or switch to something else.

There's like a hundred different ways to do push-ups, focusing on different back and arm muscles. Same goes for sit-ups etc. Add to that, that you can combine them into sit-up into a jump into a pushup. Alternate
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Lots of resistance with walls etc and floor.
    If you can easily get hold of this is might help you think of what you can do

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/147365601X

10+ Year Old Account

First, you can use household objects to help even if they aren't gym equipment. For example, place a towel down on a smooth surface in your house. Lie on your back with your feet down on the towel. Lift up your hips not hamstring curl your feet towards you, keeping your hips up. That is a killer exercise, probably harder than what you'd do in the gym with a hamstring curl machine. And it uses a towel and the floor.

Similarly you can use a step/bench of some sort for dips, bulgarian split squats, or even rows.

I'd also look into isometric exercises - holding tension without muscle movement. Either not lowering down, or trying to hold something in place. Like pushing between two walls with your feet like a leg press, or putting some sort of rope or cable around a power post and pulling like a row or pushing like a chest press. It activates heaps of muscle fibres, just like strength training. Similarly, plyometrics. Explosive movements can go a long way in developing (explosive) strength.

My point is that no 'equipment' =/= push ups, sit ups, and squats only.

When you say workout what are you after? Strength? Size? Endurance? Short workouts? I recommend Athlean-X for size. He has a ton of "best home workout for X" on his channel, eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc1E5CfRfos . Yes the titles are a tad click-baity but the guy's running a business and the content is good. I've used it a lot over the years. Alternatively, Buff Dudes have some good stuff. Just sift through and see what you like.

If you want endurance or short workouts, I would look up bodyweight CrossFit workouts. Try some of these for example: https://wodfever.com/blogs/new-posts...can-do-at-home . I have done a bunch and did them during lockdown/"quarantine". They're killer.

As for strength, I recommend plyometrics and isometrics, but that's harder to do without equipment from my experience. I managed to just maintain strength during lockdown without equipment, but I improvised, researched, and didn't progress much.

Happy to answer any further questions if you want. There's plenty of info out there and no equipment is no barrier to training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Read Solitary Fitness by Charles Bronson, had a friend who spent 20yrs in prison about 5 of them in solitary confinement and is a personal trainer, said it would be a great primer for anyone who's going to be locked up.