Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the furthest you have walked/ran/cycled?

I used to regularly walk 8 miles home from college

I played 36 holes walking on a really nice golf course last year. I think it came out to like 11 miles walking total that day. The last two holes were rough.

run - half marathon

cycle - 51.3 miles (82.37 km)

I do think consistency over the years matters more, so does quality and effort, rather than pure distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walked over 20 miles cus bored onc,. Annual cycling thing in our city with different routes so at least annually bike around 50 miles.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

12 miles backpacking and 6 miles running.

Walked 15 miles over the course of my shift at an old job.

When I was a kid, I used to do charity walks sometimes. I did this one called the walk for mankind to fight starvation a couple of times. It was 8-10 miles I think.
    When I was a teenager, I and a friend used to go on these really long walks all over town but I am not sure how long they were. I am surprised that I would do them so well. I used to smoke and I have always been overweight. This was in Colorado Springs that is about 6000 feet above sea level but I have lived in Colorado all my life so I guess I was used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walked from Oslo to Bergen back in 2015, almost 500km. Took a couple of weeks as I spent some time in the mountains between etc.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Biked (non electric) some 71km or so.
    Walked 22km.

Walked ? probably around +/-40 km in mountains 1 day hikes - if you mean couple of days it was like 100 km + over curse of couple of days
    Cycled ? in 1 day session around 140km - i did a long course of 800-1000 km twice in my life was enjoyable experience
    ran ? i once ran half marathon to test myself but i dislike jogging so never plan to repeat that .

I rode a bike from China to the UK , I don't know how far that is

Walked over 25 miles several times...
    Jog 6 miles with arm weights. (6lbs on each arm) personal record is 68mins.
    Working my way to 9 miles..

Friends convinced me to do a century with them like 8 years ago. 100 mile bike event. Took us like 7 hours, stopping every ~20 miles at rest areas to eat free food for 15 mims before continuing on. Averaged about 18mph throughout the trip and with the rests, it took us 7 hours. Probably ate 8000 calories that day. Had 2 beers when we finished and took a very nice nap.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Walked 10 miles after a football game to avoid parking near the stadium

The furthest I biked was probably well over 20-30 miles both ways when I was a kid with my family. Walked? Probably just as much as a kid, I used to walk everywhere during summer vacation to grandparents' houses, and downtown with my sister and cousins, we didn't wait for our parents to take us.

As an adult? lol I think I've walked 4-5 miles or so a few times. I used to walk at least 2 miles daily to and from work before I got a car and got lazy. When jogging I can do a mile.

continuous walking rather then just stops and goes during the day where i actualy tracked the distance? (I honestly don't even know how many miles I walked a day as a dogwalker. a LOT. but it was not continuous pace so I'm not sure it counts the same and there was all the random walking I did for years because I couldn't be arsed to wait for a bus.)

about a 13 mile hike. I was pretty exhausted by the end of it, though my excuse is - half that hike was uphill and all of it was on a wood path, so roots, rocks, etc - NOT a smooth pavement. of course the other half was downhill, bit we will not mention it :P (also, my excuse is that i did that hike this summer, while much older, I probably could have walked a lot more with a lot less effort even 10 years ago, aaah, aging....)

I once joined a half marathon

I once biked over 80 miles around my city. It was a mountain bike, with a very heavy frame and wheels. It was very difficult, but at the same time I wasn't training, I was just riding around town, exploring.

Walked ~40km through forests during military service with group of 4. Took about 16 hours but we had to carry group's tent, stove and other necessary equipment alongside personal weapon + equipment.

While this might not have been the longest, it felt the longest. I did Marsoc Indoc in 2012 and the ultimate event is a 12-15mile ruck/march (it's solo so its a fast walk in the woods) that needs to be done in 6 to 8 hours (might have been 12). It's essentially landnav, with 80lbs, after a couple of days of horse shit, through NC sand. And then when you finish they'll ask you questions like "what color was the tree painted at the 6 mile check point." So yeah, I enjoyed the shit out of my time with those guys but that event made me realize I could have been better.

I still passed the indoc but I got passed over for selection, partially due to my monitor (controls your usmc fate) being a gigantic fuck-wad and there were enough other people who did well enough in Indoc (many who were Recon and/or infantry already, I wasn't) that a class could be filled out without having to deal with the bullshit of fighting with my monitor to get me in the upcoming class. I was bumped to possible selection for the next class as long as I came back for the next indoc and did strong in the phase 1 part of it (wouldn't have to do the phase II parts which the aforementioned walk was apart of). But by that point I was detached to another regiment for deployment and my special operations dreams died with thoughts of getting out of the military.