Page 1 of 2
LastLast

November 22nd Teaser

November 22nd Teaser
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

3+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it'll be Hogger?

It looks like it says MURKY DIE on the tree too
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-11-22 at 06:11 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Oh god. Hogger.

Yeah, pretty obvious it's Hogger. I know he's a popular meme and all that, but it still feels like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Welp, guess I'll go back to occasionally forgetting HotS still exists....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Yeah, pretty obvious it's Hogger. I know he's a popular meme and all that, but it still feels like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Speak for yourself, I've been hoping they added Hogger for years now.

Aww don't forget us but I kinda haff to agree. Not so much with bottom of barrel but like his kit... It screams meme. I've tried to think of what it will be like and his heroics etc but just seems meh. Falls in line with Murky and other novelty heroes tho. I know they are in the pipeline for a bit and all but there are others I'd rather see first.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    If the hero is fun, let Hogger comes!
    Well said!, I didn't expect Qhira to be fun and she's a blast. That's all that's important really.
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2020-11-22 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Derp

If the hero is fun, let Hogger comes!

It's almost too obviously Hogger...

Gosh, hero releases are so scarce now and they bring out a meme hero 4 people worldwide asked for?

Guess hots is truly dead. Too bad, I had my fun with this game but yeah. Not gonna bother anymore.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they'll add another troll hero one day. I'd love Vol'jin, Rastakhan or Bwonsamdi
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Gosh, hero releases are so scarce now and they bring out a meme hero 4 people worldwide asked for?

Guess hots is truly dead. Too bad, I had my fun with this game but yeah. Not gonna bother anymore.
    He actually used to get a lot of people asking for him. Not as many as Deathwing no, but quite a fewl. Not sure why, but at one point he was quite frequently requested.

Never really got into the whole Hogger meme (doesn't help that I was always Horde) but he could be fun to play as a gnoll. I just hope that they don't add to many meme characters like Gamon and Harrison Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    He actually used to get a lot of people asking for him. Not as many as Deathwing no, but quite a fewl. Not sure why, but at one point he was quite frequently requested.
    Yeah well I wouldn't mind him if we got it when the game was in its "prime" and we were getting new hero every month.

But now? Six months of waiting and they give us Hogger? I could name dozens of Warcraft heroes that would hype people for hots like KilJaeden, Mammoth, Grom, Turalyon, Alleria, Gelbin, Cairne, Voljin, Cenarius, Vashj, Khadgar... And that's Warcraft franchise alone.

Who is going to return to this game to play Hogger? Come on, what kind of a sad joke is this.

My guess is they are just throwing out last bunch of heroes they had in works when full team was working on hots, once it's done, they gonna finally pull the plug on only update skins and balance.

My guess is they are just throwing out last bunch of heroes they had in works when full team was working on hots, once it's done, they gonna finally pull the plug on only update skins and balance.
    If that were the case, why have they been hiring people specifically for this game?

Yeah well I wouldn't mind him if we got it when the game was in its "prime" and we were getting new hero every month.

But now? Six months of waiting and they give us Hogger? I could name dozens of Warcraft heroes that would hype people for hots like KilJaeden, Mammoth, Grom, Turalyon, Alleria, Gelbin, Cairne, Voljin, Cenarius, Vashj, Khadgar... And that's Warcraft franchise alone.

Who is going to return to this game to play Hogger? Come on, what kind of a sad joke is this.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. If characters were still getting regularly released like in the before times, I'd just shrug and look foreword to whatever was next. But with how long it now takes to get new characters out (and Covid likely slowed things down even further), I can't help the overwhelming sense of "Ugh...really?" at these teasers.

It's not just that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel, it's that they had to push other, more interesting characters out of the way in order to reach it. :|
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. If characters were still getting regularly released like in the before times, I'd just shrug and look foreword to whatever was next. But with how long it now takes to get new characters out (and Covid likely slowed things down even further), I can't help the overwhelming sense of "Ugh...really?" at these teasers.

It's not just that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel, it's that they had to push other, more interesting characters out of the way in order to reach it. :|
    To be fair, none of the ones you mentioned are all that interesting if you think of it in a MOBA sense. Sure they're big badass Warcraft characters, but what does another Paladin bring to the table that couldn't just be a new character altogether.

Vashj and maybe Gelbin are the only two in your list who could be built into full kits; the rest are derivative of characters we already have in HOTS and don't really expand much beyond being there for fan service. Kil'jaedan isn't really someone I see on a lot of people's wishlists. Hogger might not be many people's prime pick, but he's still a fan favourite as well as something fresh to the game instead of 'another bow user' or 'another paladin'.

I think it's the same kind of love-hate people have with the HOTS OC characters; even though they aren't from a franchise they really do open up a lot of theme and gameplay that we otherwise wouldn't see in the game. There just isn't any baseline Warcraft hero that would fit a kit that someone like Hogger could have.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-11-23 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To be fair, none of the ones you mentioned are all that interesting if you think of it in a MOBA sense. Sure they're big badass Warcraft characters, but what does another Paladin bring to the table that couldn't just be a new character altogether.

Vashj and maybe Gelbin are the only two in your list who could be built into full kits; the rest are derivative of characters we already have in HOTS and don't really expand much beyond being there for fan service. Kil'jaedan isn't really someone I see on a lot of people's wishlists. Hogger might not be many people's prime pick, but he's still a fan favourite as well as something fresh to the game instead of 'another bow user' or 'another paladin'.
    The whole idea of this game is to be a fan service. The only people who still play it are fans of other blizzard games, anyone who just wants to play good moba is playing lol or Dota where there is actually a huge player base.

And "just another Paladin" or " another bow user" is a stupid argument anyway, you can have two Paladin heroes and have them completely different gameplay wise, like Uther and Yrel...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If that were the case, why have they been hiring people specifically for this game?
    Easy - they move experienced people to other projects and use dead hots as their training grounds where fresh blood can show their worth before they are moved to more important games as well.

3+ Year Old Account
    The whole idea of this game is to be a fan service. The only people who still play it are fans of other blizzard games, anyone who just wants to play good moba is playing lol or Dota where there is actually a huge player base.

And "just another Paladin" or " another bow user" is a stupid argument anyway, you can have two Paladin heroes and have them completely different gameplay wise, like Uther and Yrel...

- - - Updated - - -

Easy - they move experienced people to other projects and use dead hots as their training grounds where fresh blood can show their worth before they are moved to more important games as well.
    If only there were a MOBA like HotS on the market. League and DotA are toxic and exhausting...
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

If you consider Warcraft has a half-dozen more well-established Paladins who could all be in the game, then we could still make the same argument of 'why another Paladin when we could have gotten X'.

I'm a huge fan of Turalyon, but even I would say another Paladin in HOTS is over-extending its reach. There is no limit to it and if they added Turalyon then I'd say 'Why not Tirion instead' or 'Why not Ashbringer era Mograine in his prime?' 'Why not Liadrin' 'Why not Maraad?'

You are absolutely right though. HOTS is about fan service, and that's why we're getting Hogger instead of Turalyon or Alleria.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-11-23 at 06:25 PM.

I don't play this game, but I'd love an event about heroes or skins from the Warcraft 2 era:

- Alleria Windrunner: She could be a legendary skin for Sylvanas, or a separate hero who switches between Normal and Elf form, similar to Greymane (so she can be a hunter/mage hybrid);
    - Turalyon: As already said he doesn't have unique abilities, so he could be a legendary skin for Uther or, why not, Yrel (it'd have to be VERY legendary though).
    - Khadgar: Jaina and Kael'thas cover the Frost and Fire specs respectively, Khadgar would cover the Arcane spec, so he should be a separate hero.
    - Anduin Lothar: A skin for Varian really.

I think such an event would attract a lot of fans to Hots, especially fans of the Warcraft RTS genre who maybe are not into WoW for various reasons. These are such iconic figures that Blizzard would do well to capitalize on the nostalgia that the Warcraft RTS brings.