Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

I'm a huge fan of Turalyon, but even I would say another Paladin in HOTS is over-extending its reach. There is no limit to it and if they added Turalyon then I'd say 'Why not Tirion instead' or 'Why not Ashbringer era Mograine in his prime?' 'Why not Liadrin' 'Why not Maraad?'

You are absolutely right though. HOTS is about fan service, and that's why we're getting Hogger instead of Turalyon or Alleria.
    Why does the game need another Paladin when the game already has 2 in Uther and Yrel? Out of all the class representations, Paladin's the absolute rock bottom the game needs right now.

Another importance of new hero design is role, and how the inclusion may shift the meta - Hogger is likely to be a Bruiser and going back to your argument we already have a Paladin Bruiser in Yrel so it's absolutely not what the game requires, it's personal preference you're arguing.

Hogger is a universally known character which coincides with the launch of Shadowlands so it's a very safe choice.
    Last edited by OCoyne; 2020-11-23 at 06:37 PM.

You are absolutely right though. HOTS is about fan service, and that's why we're getting Hogger instead of Turalyon or Alleria.
    Are you trying to imply that fan service means giving people Hogger to play - a useless meme gnoll, that most people don't care about, rather than big names and heroes? That's just delusional. Joke characters like Murky worked when they were spitting out new hero every month. Hogger now is a horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Are you trying to imply that fan service means giving people Hogger to play - a useless meme gnoll, that most people don't care about, rather than big names and heroes? That's just delusional. Joke characters like Murky worked when they were spitting out new hero every month. Hogger now is a horrible idea.
    That you didn't know Hogger was the top of many fan lists means you don't know the fans as well as you think you do.

https://froststorm.com/heroes/wishlist

Hogger had about as many votes as Vashj, Ragnaros and Deathwing. Course, this is really old but this is just one example of his popularity even back then, and what is informing us know retroactively for why he's even considered.

Hell, his popularity in that poll beat out Jaina.

And saying joke characters worked back then but not now is just, like, your opinion, man. We just hadn't had a jokey character added in the game for a while. We get about one Jokey character in every 10 releases; the last one being Deckard and the one before that being Probius. It wasn't common before either.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-11-23 at 07:51 PM.

That you didn't know Hogger was the top of many fan lists means you don't know the fans as well as you think you do.

https://froststorm.com/heroes/wishlist

Hogger had about as many votes as Vashj, Ragnaros and Deathwing. Course, this is really old but this is just one example of his popularity even back then, and what is informing us know retroactively for why he's even considered.

Hell, his popularity in that poll beat out Jaina.
    Oh I can use this "argument" too.

That you didn't know Hogger wasnt the top of many fan lists means you don't know the fans as well as you think you do. You really want to discuss like that?

Still waiting for Kil'Jaeden...

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Oh I can use this "argument" too.

That you didn't know Hogger wasnt the top of many fan lists means you don't know the fans as well as you think you do. You really want to discuss like that?
    Well let's play this game then.

Who is a top character that you would rather see than Hogger? I can be just as dismissive in giving reasons why X would be a better pick.

Well let's play this game then.

Who is a top character that you would rather see than Hogger? I can be just as dismissive in giving reasons why X would be a better pick.
    No thanks, you are not baiting me into this. Try a kindergarden in your neighbourhood.

Enough of the bickering.

they still need to add tirion fordring to the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    If only there were a MOBA like HotS on the market. League and DotA are toxic and exhausting...
    Honestly, HOTS isn't exactly what I would call a "happy place" either. Sure, they're more infamous, but HOTS is still plenty
    toxic.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Honestly, HOTS isn't exactly what I would call a "happy place" either. Sure, they're more infamous, but HOTS is still plenty
    toxic.
    Depends on how you play. It has no /all chat, the games are shorter and therefore lead to less frustration and the reward system rewards playing every role.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hogger eh? Nice surprise. I really like his moves too. Very fun and original.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish his voice was a lot better.

I mean I get it, he's a Kobold/Hyena, so his voice is going to be silly, but I mean...
    they could've done a much better job than this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I wish his voice was a lot better.

I mean I get it, he's a Kobold/Hyena, so his voice is going to be silly, but I mean...
    they could've done a much better job than this.
    His voice is ridiculous, his announcer is ridiculous, his skills are ridiculous.

And I am loving every single moment of playing him. This is probably the most fun I've had with a newly released hero since Junkrat.