Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A Culture GSV (General Systems Vehicle) or GCU (General Contact Unit.) GCUs are more adventurous but GSVs have more facilities on board. Either way it means I'd get to be a Culture citizen with the full suite of genofixed enhancements including drug glands and the option for biological immortality plus the ability to build pretty much any technology I can dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Any Starfleet ship with a Holo Deck!
    Yah, I would say the next-generation enterprise.

The Mothership for sheer capability (FTL+industrial)

Sidonia would be more comfortable but not FTL.

But of course those wouldn't rival with Dahak (Mutineer's Moon).
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2020-11-23 at 03:09 PM.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

As much as I like other ships, the Enterprise (or any Star Trek Starfleet vessel) with food replicators and a Holodeck would be too good to pass up.

Question does deep space 9 count as a space ship?

I like convinces and comfort more then exploration myself.

If not I suppose the enterprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Millenium Falcon offcourse.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Question does deep space 9 count as a space ship?

I like convinces and comfort more then exploration myself.

If not I suppose the enterprise.
    umm, it is stationary ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    umm, it is stationary ?
    It does have the ability to move....just very slowly when compared to a starship.

Its not something I would pick for "Convenience and Comfort" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It does have the ability to move....just very slowly when compared to a starship.

Its not something I would pick for "Convenience and Comfort" though.
    What can I say lots of room a whole market area the default option to be chilly.

Seems a rather lovely choice to me. Still every person is different.

It doesn't matter if you want to take over a planet or just lavishly cruise with your familiy, you can't go wrong with one of those.

Last edited by segara82; 2020-11-23 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    What can I say lots of room a whole market area the default option to be chilly.

Seems a rather lovely choice to me. Still every person is different.
    Just saying...its not exactly built for comfort. Also, O'Brian Spent the entire series complaining about how terrible Cardassian engineering is.

If you just want a lot of room and a Market... I'd go with Babylon 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Just saying...its not exactly built for comfort. Also, O'Brian Spent the entire series complaining about how terrible Cardassian engineering is.

If you just want a lot of room and a Market... I'd go with Babylon 5.
    True. One of the voyageur class ships might be better I just want to enjoy a utopia in my near magical ship. I don't really have interest in flying anywhere or at least not moving it often.

The Defiant from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

That is one badass ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lonestar's Eagle 5 from Spaceballs.

- "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Any of those impossibly huge Warhammer 40k ships would be cool. Although the whole "nobody fully understands how to work this thing because it's so old" problem would scare me a little.
    That's a bit of a misunderstanding tho. Most of the ships in the Navy aren't that old. On the contrary.

The Navy regularly mothballs older ships. It's hard to believe but the Navy in 40K has more ships than crews.

Most of the ships flying around in 40k are of 38th millennium or those in 41k of 40th millennium designs.

Technological curves in Warhammer 40k work in a strange way. Dark Age of Technology ships are few and fat between but are out there technologically on Necron/pre-Fall Eldar levels. Those are the ones that nobody really knows how they work.

Then you have the Crusade/Pre-Heresy era designs. Those aren't really that advanced. What they usually are, are insanely resource intensive, built at a time when resources weren't an issue.

Post Heresy designs are typically simpler, more economical but have been incrementally improved over the millenia where most modern designs are far superior to their Pre or immediate Post Heresy era equivalents.

Chaos typically draws its ships from the old Crusade ships and they are far behind technologically so they compensate with Chaos fuckery. Same with their ground forces.

Ever since the Fall of Cadia the Imperium started bringing back a whole lot of the old expensive stuff, like anti gravity stuff, radiation weapons etc. It's clearly stated in the lore that the big change is in Cawl "innovating" cheaper manufacturing technology.

The Imperium isn't quite as clueless about its technology as it seems, it's just if you aren't a Techpriest a light bulb is magic, and if you aren't a Magos you never even heard the words "quantum physics" and if you say Schroedinger's Cat, the Inquisition will burn you for being a Tzeench worshiping heretic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any whip with a General Products #4 hull.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Any whip with a General Products #4 hull.
    Just be mindful of anti-matter systems.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    The TARDIS.
    best choice by far. not only can you travel through space you can also TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!
    its also bigger on the inside, has a nice personality and can change into whatever you want it to be.