Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's possible it could be sooner, but at the same time I wouldn't hold my breath. The only reason I could see it wasn't in for 8.0 to start with was due to the druid forms and wand issue.
    I mean, that's my point. Why would you expect it to be delayed until 11.0? It's pretty clear they had some serious tech issues with it initially, and hell, there still are some tech issues. I very much doubt Covenants will have those issues, because Blizzard (unlike, say, Bethesda), tends to learn from mistakes on tech issues (if there are problems, they're likely to be new ones). I don't see any benefit accruing to Blizzard from delaying with Covenant stuff, and indeed, you'd be giving a very good reason to keep messing with SL content by doing this, which would benefit the 10.0 expansion by giving people even more to do (as a bunch of people went to grind Covenants that they previously had not). So I'm not holding my breath, but I'll be extremely surprised if they wait until 11.0 on that.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I mean, that's my point. Why would you expect it to be delayed until 11.0? It's pretty clear they had some serious tech issues with it initially, and hell, there still are some tech issues. I very much doubt Covenants will have those issues, because Blizzard (unlike, say, Bethesda), tends to learn from mistakes on tech issues (if there are problems, they're likely to be new ones). I don't see any benefit accruing to Blizzard from delaying with Covenant stuff, and indeed, you'd be giving a very good reason to keep messing with SL content by doing this, which would benefit the 10.0 expansion by giving people even more to do (as a bunch of people went to grind Covenants that they previously had not). So I'm not holding my breath, but I'll be extremely surprised if they wait until 11.0 on that.
    Considering they've always stated that you wouldn't be able to use them across specs all through Legion. It took them all through BFA to finally change that. Part of the reason is likely so people in certain specs could still use them and show them off if they wanted to. Covenants will be the same and usually based on history they tend to let things like that go through for the current expansion and then the following. After that they decide to start opening things up more.

By not allowing them to be used until 11.0 it will cause some people to go back through and make alts to get all the appearances (would need 16 or 4 toon swapping) which would help with their MAU as well. There really isn't any reasons that would favor Blizzard by allowing you to use them all other than gaining player favor.

Would I like them to open up sooner? Sure, I have no problems with it. I just don't see where Blizzard would see any reasons for it to be. Especially since players advocate for "uniqueness" and "RPG flavor".

Collecting things is the actual meta of wow.

That weapon, that gear, all of that you collect will be lost and replaced. Mounts, transmogs, pets, titles, etc. you will keep all of those.

I always find it odd that people say "its just cosmetic, it isnt important", "its just mog".

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Considering they've always stated that you wouldn't be able to use them across specs all through Legion. It took them all through BFA to finally change that. Part of the reason is likely so people in certain specs could still use them and show them off if they wanted to. Covenants will be the same and usually based on history they tend to let things like that go through for the current expansion and then the following. After that they decide to start opening things up more.

By not allowing them to be used until 11.0 it will cause some people to go back through and make alts to get all the appearances (would need 16 or 4 toon swapping) which would help with their MAU as well. There really isn't any reasons that would favor Blizzard by allowing you to use them all other than gaining player favor.

Would I like them to open up sooner? Sure, I have no problems with it. I just don't see where Blizzard would see any reasons for it to be. Especially since players advocate for "uniqueness" and "RPG flavor".
    I guess the difference is I'm pretty sure the main reason that Blizzard didn't make them fully transmoggable in 8.0 or maybe 8.1 or 8.2 is technical, rather than philosophical. I can't immediately think of any evidence for your "based on history" comment.

Re: MAUs, it doesn't make any real difference whether they do that in 10.0 or 11.0, just they get more MAUs at a different time. That's not even arguable. I think we both agree that they will open them up, because, yes, it means more MAUs and happier players, who feel less like their effort wasn't worthwhile. I think they'll open it up in 10.0 or possible 10.1 or 10.2 (but most likely 10.0 imho), and you think it won't be until 11.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

That weapon, that gear, all of that you collect will be lost and replaced. Mounts, transmogs, pets, titles, etc. you will keep all of those.

I always find it odd that people say "its just cosmetic, it isnt important", "its just mog".
    Definitely. And the way WoW does it by just providing deluges/avalanches of content, which it'll take forever to get from a purely practical standpoint is a lot more attractive, for me, than the approach of a lot of other MMOs, which is vastly less content, but locked behind extremely lengthy grinds, or in cash shops (which maybe accessible by in-game currencies, but only with even longer grinds).
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of Covenant mounts if non-Covenant rubes can ride 'em?
    Putin khuliyo

I think it incentivizes collecting with alts...

Besides, people will be able to swap after the expansion is over across covenants to collect everything if they wish - they can still collect on one character if they want, it may just take a bit longer. It is still possible. Just like mounts that used to be 100% drop chance on hard modes when they were at peak difficulty, mounts being available still at a much lower drop chance like Mim's head is kind of a similar principle -- it's not like the content won't be there to get at all. It's still possible to do, which while probably not as friendly as it could be if it were just a vendor mount you could get at any point... I mean, at that point there's the argument that Reputation in its entirety discourages collection. And that leveling discourages collection. And that having to pay for riding discourages collection. And so on. Probably on the more difficult grind side of things, but it's not like other difficult grinds don't exist - things like doing The Insane and so on for more prestigious titles. Doing all of the Covenant stuff may be something just as prestigious - but still possible, which I think is better than having it not available at all later and just vanishing like some other content has in the past.

Eh, I know it incentivized me into getting different alts of the same armor type to go into different covenants to get the transmog (and mounts along with those too).
    I didn't mind the class-boound mounts when they did back in the day with Paladins and Warlocks - was happy to see them do something like that for every class in Legion.
    Covenant-bound mounts are more of that.
    Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

its not that it isnt important but WoD has already proven that majority of casuals play this game for next to free gear progression .

if its not existent those people are effectively gone from game.

mogs are just cherry on top in downtime

guess blizzard is bound to repeat their own mistakes of past.

You got this all wrong.
    You are collecting a coven mount. Singular. You are not supposed to collect all 4.

It is a non-issue, after the expansion is over they are going to unlock any restrictions and it is pretty obvious that they will based on Legion Artifacts.

I don't know, this sounds to me like it would be limiting my options. If there's one thing I learned from the endless customization threads it's that anything that gets in the way of my having more options (more options is always good) is bad and has to go.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Did they remove the restriction? Because I am a Necrolord and I am riding a Sinfall Gravewing (got the mount with an alt that is Venthryl)

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Did they remove the restriction? Because I am a Necrolord and I am riding a Sinfall Gravewing (got the mount with an alt that is Venthryl)
    Yes, in 9.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Covenant mounts, toys, cosmetics, etc. have their restrictions removed when you hit 80 renown with them with one character.

So like, if your Warrior is at 80 with Venthyr, your alts can use the gravewings regardless of Covenant. With the item that sets your renown level to 60, it's pretty trivial to get to 80 with them all and remove every restriction for good.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

This isn't something to go into panic stations over. Transmog is locked to the covenant you're in, this isn't an accident and isn't going to change just because you're upset.

What happens to covenant only mounts in say 3 expansions time when covenants are long dead, do we just lose the ability to ride them?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhuntr View Post
    What happens to covenant only mounts in say 3 expansions time when covenants are long dead, do we just lose the ability to ride them?
    no. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Covenant mounts, toys, cosmetics, etc. have their restrictions removed when you hit 80 renown with them with one character.

So like, if your Warrior is at 80 with Venthyr, your alts can use the gravewings regardless of Covenant. With the item that sets your renown level to 60, it's pretty trivial to get to 80 with them all and remove every restriction for good.
    This. If you do the convenent campaign, you get a renown level like every other quest so you are 80 before you are even half done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathenyquan View Post
    This isn't something to go into panic stations over. Transmog is locked to the covenant you're in, this isn't an accident and isn't going to change just because you're upset.
    Weird.. I could swear my Kirian pala is rocking the venthyr transmog

Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    Weird.. I could swear my Kirian pala is rocking the venthyr transmog
    this is wrong transmog is account wide also and not cov locked.