Has Blizzard given any indication that they are going to make Dracthyr less...

... uh... well, the way they currently are?

Look, I get that this is a fantasy setting and that a fantasy creature can essentially look like anything that Blizzard's art team wants it to. I also totally understand that there are restrictions placed on any potential player-race model based on things like pre-existing gear sets/clipping, mounts, meshes, etc.

... but... this is a freaking dragon race. And they look like someone in a bad fur suit; they look like snake-men; like they couldn't even take one punch. Frankly, much as this word may be viewed as passe or even Byzantine in today's world, it still applies fully here: Dracthyr look like sissies.

Considering how long it took for WoW to address (I dunno if 'fix' is the right word) the problems with female Worgen, I feel like the only hope to rectify the massive shortcomings with Dracthyr's appearance is in the here and now. Because I frankly have no faith that this company - Blizzard or whatever they are now - will revisit the matter going forward. And, as it stands, these... things... are a huge and horrible eyesore - something I don't just want to avoid playing-as, but don't want to even see.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsofMedieval View Post
    ... uh... well, the way they currently are?

Look, I get that this is a fantasy setting and that a fantasy creature can essentially look like anything that Blizzard's art team wants it to. I also totally understand that there are restrictions placed on any potential player-race model based on things like pre-existing gear sets/clipping, mounts, meshes, etc.

... but... this is a freaking dragon race. And they look like someone in a bad fur suit; they look like snake-men; like they couldn't even take one punch. Frankly, much as this word may be viewed as passe or even Byzantine in today's world, it still applies fully here: Dracthyr look like sissies.

Considering how long it took for WoW to address (I dunno if 'fix' is the right word) the problems with female Worgen, I feel like the only hope to rectify the massive shortcomings with Dracthyr's appearance is in the here and now. Because I frankly have no faith that this company - Blizzard or whatever they are now - will revisit the matter going forward. And, as it stands, these... things... are a huge and horrible eyesore - something I don't just want to avoid playing-as, but don't want to even see.
    I agree. Its one of a few reasons I've canceled my sub and won't get the xpac. They are free to go in the direction they want, and im not demanding they change it, but its not for me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    of course not. Current reaction is positive, they will not waste time making changes to please sexually-confused forum posters who see a furry boogieman everywhere.

They look like dragons. Have all the features a dragon should have.

I have no idea where this obsession of "size" when it came to dragons. Size have very little to do with something being a dragon or not.
    Just google dragons and you see them of all sizes. Skinny to beefcakes.

Weirdly enough, the size 4 Dracthyr looks ridiculous. It's clear that it was put in there just to satisfy the cry for swole Dracthyr because no effort was made to make it look properly. It looks like a guy in a muscle suit. Having prominent shoulders isn't exactly a dragon feature.

I start to think that these people complaining about "fur suit" is some projection. Because any "swole" image I've seen make it looks more of a suit and they approve of it.
    People should just be honest that they want a swole guy in a dragon suit.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Oh, another "y my Dracthyr not swol" thread.

Cool.
    Why do you think they look acceptable the way they are now? Like, what inside you makes these man-sized geckos click?

WoW - the entire Warcraft franchise - has pushed a rough-and-tumble, ultra-ripped aesthetic since day one... and yet her we have a race of dragons, and they're just these wimpy, wussy little lizards? How does that work, exactly? And what makes you think it's kosher, rather than something that turns the logic that governs the design of all other races on its head?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I agree. Its one of a few reasons I've canceled my sub and won't get the xpac. They are free to go in the direction they want, and im not demanding they change it, but its not for me.
    the terrible story direction was OK. Sylvanas in the spotlight for three expansions is OK. Night Elves as a plot device is OK.

Twink Scalies is where you draw the line.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    sexually-confused forum posters
    Stop projecting your personal issues on others.

Why do you think they look acceptable the way they are now? Like, what inside you makes these man-sized geckos click?

WoW - the entire Warcraft franchise - has pushed a rough-and-tumble, ultra-ripped aesthetic since day one... and yet her we have a race of dragons, and they're just these wimpy, wussy little lizards? How does that work, exactly? And what makes you think it's kosher, rather than something that turns the logic that governs the design of all other races on its head?

I like them because they look neat. Guess I get what I want and you don't get what you want

10+ Year Old Account

Belfs were made "Pretty" so Horde would have a "Pretty" race.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasyo4 View Post
    I like them because they look neat. Guess I get what I want and you don't get what you want
    No, in a macro sense, I'm kind of getting what I want - the game going down in flames. But I'm sure unimportant people were convinced of meaningless personal victories as Rome burned, too.

I don't think they're acceptable. I just don't care. I'm not going to let the swolness of an imaginary lizard race impact my enjoyment of a product.

Dracthyr are fine, people who complain must have a secret they want to keep regarding their sexuality with how they brand the Dracthyr Dragons.

Thing is. They are NOT actual dragons. They are "dragonkin". Lorewise they were created in ages past by mixing mortal and dragon essences so they are made up of both. They are not supposed to look like actual dragons, nor are they meant to look like the alliance/horde races, but a mix of both. And I find they did that pretty well. All of this "They are dragons" nonsense is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    the terrible story direction was OK. Sylvanas in the spotlight for three expansions is OK. Night Elves as a plot device is OK.

Twink Scalies is where you draw the line.
    I do not care about storylines at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There are already several threads discussing the Dracthyr model and alternatives, there is no real need for another. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead