Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Like the Forsaken and Death Knights?
    Yeah I guess they could be resurrected into undead bodies, very true bud

I feel like you perhaps didn't quite understand what I was saying there, so I'll try this again

There are not a ton of differences? one's a Vampire, the other a Faun, the third an Angel and the fourth a Gladiator. How are they similar?
    I'm not saying that all four races are the same, I'm saying that each race within itself does not have a ton of customization itself. Most of the Kyrian faces of any gender tend to look the same, with a couple small exceptions. Most of the Venthyr faces tend to look the same, such as the Curator & the Accuser. For a truly playable race, Blizz generally wants to have a few different facial options. Vulpera came with a few different face/snout options before they ever became playable, which was a hint that they would be at some point. Right now, the Shadowlands races don't have that same sort of variability in customizations.

There are, already, signs towards their playability. male and female models. up-to-date textures and animations (including facial ones). a unique running animation (Sylvar). a number of customizations options.
    Up to date textures & animations is to be expected with any new race. Blizz doesn't want a new race to clash graphically with the new zones, so of course they are going to have up to date textures, models, animations, etc. But for a number of customization options, I'm just not seeing it with most of the Shadowlands races. As I mentioned earlier, how different style-wise are the Accuser & the Curator realistically? Or Theotar and most generic Venthyr males? Compare that to the Kul Tirans which had a few different face types and several different setups of facial and non-facial hair. There just isn't enough there at this point to truly hint at playable races as much as these races just being flavorful NPCs which may have an occasional quest chain and/or toy to take their form.

What? why would Blizzard give Lightforged Draenei customization options to Draenei if there's, already, a Lightforged Draenei race?

The Wildhammer, unlike your example, are not Dark iron Dwarves, so there's no overlap in that department.
    Right now, they wouldn't. But given how light the changes are between LF Draenei and regular Draenei, one has to wonder if they would actually be customization options had the Allied Race system never come into place. Wildhammer had potential to be an Allied Race and seem to be about as similar aesthetically to Dwarves as LF Draenei are to Draenei, which is why I have to wonder if Blizz half wishes they could merge LF Draenei and regular Draenei into one race again if they could. They likely won't, the race has already been introduced and has different racials.

The reason I brought those up was more that many Allied Races seemed more like customizations at the time rather than full races...and now the core races have similar customizations themselves. Adding the new customizations as we've gotten would seem to point towards Blizz wanting to go back to full races and flesh out customization options rather than add in allied races again.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I feel like you perhaps didn't quite understand what I was saying there, so I'll try this again

I'm not saying that all four races are the same, I'm saying that each race within itself does not have a ton of customization itself. Most of the Kyrian faces of any gender tend to look the same, with a couple small exceptions. Most of the Venthyr faces tend to look the same, such as the Curator & the Accuser. For a truly playable race, Blizz generally wants to have a few different facial options. Vulpera came with a few different face/snout options before they ever became playable, which was a hint that they would be at some point. Right now, the Shadowlands races don't have that same sort of variability in customizations.

They already look a lot more varied than the Nightborne that we got.

I’ll accept Venthry for Horde if Alliance gets the big muscle men and women from Necrolords.

But they can come from an alternate reality?
    They can come from space?

Your opinion.
    And no. Fauns are not out of place in a mythology-based game with Orcs, Trolls, Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Minotaurs, Gnomes, Goblins, Dwarves, Werewolves and zombies.

Yeah... a few lore characters that, apparently, speak for the entire faction.

That's the thing. There are others who would be left behind and new souls, always replenish their numbers.

Like Forsaken and Death Knights?
    You don't understand. The shadowlands isn't the world of the living. It is likely none of it's denizens can cross over to Azeroth. It would make zero sense for that to happen.

The shadowlands is a different plain of existance. It is not space, or a paralel world of the living. It's the plane that takes souls after they perish their body in the realm of the living. Their SL bodies cannot possibly be sustainable in the realm of the living or there would be no point to death.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-01-21 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles123 View Post
    Yeah I guess they could be resurrected into undead bodies, very true bud
    They don't need to be resurrected. They can exist as undead in the mortal realm.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post

Up to date textures & animations is to be expected with any new race. Blizz doesn't want a new race to clash graphically with the new zones, so of course they are going to have up to date textures, models, animations, etc. But for a number of customization options, I'm just not seeing it with most of the Shadowlands races. As I mentioned earlier, how different style-wise are the Accuser & the Curator realistically? Or Theotar and most generic Venthyr males? Compare that to the Kul Tirans which had a few different face types and several different setups of facial and non-facial hair. There just isn't enough there at this point to truly hint at playable races as much as these races just being flavorful NPCs which may have an occasional quest chain and/or toy to take their form.

Right now, they wouldn't. But given how light the changes are between LF Draenei and regular Draenei, one has to wonder if they would actually be customization options had the Allied Race system never come into place. Wildhammer had potential to be an Allied Race and seem to be about as similar aesthetically to Dwarves as LF Draenei are to Draenei, which is why I have to wonder if Blizz half wishes they could merge LF Draenei and regular Draenei into one race again if they could. They likely won't, the race has already been introduced and has different racials.

The reason I brought those up was more that many Allied Races seemed more like customizations at the time rather than full races...and now the core races have similar customizations themselves. Adding the new customizations as we've gotten would seem to point towards Blizz wanting to go back to full races and flesh out customization options rather than add in allied races again.
    Kul Tirans had something like 4 faces before they were added.

Then, you forget the Tortollan and Ankoan of BfA, which had little to no facial animations, even though they are a recent addition.

Like choom posted above, they were given multiple customization options like, hairstyles, hair colors, skin colors etc. There's absolutely no need for it, if they are, merely, NPCs.

No. The reason they made some into Allied races and some into customization option lies in the differences between them. While Dark Iron Dwarves are different from the Bronzebeards, Wildhammer are not distinct enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I’ll accept Venthry for Horde if Alliance gets the big muscle men and women from Necrolords.
    Not gonna happen. They are going Horde. They are way too similar to Orcs in culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You don't understand. The shadowlands isn't the world of the living. It is likely none of it's denizens can cross over to Azeroth. It would make zero sense for that to happen.

The shadowlands is a different plain of existance. It is not space, or a paralel world of the living. It's the plane that takes souls after they perish their body in the realm of the living. Their SL bodies cannot possibly be sustainable in the realm of the living or there would be no point to death.
    I do understand.
    You have Forsaken undead and undead Death Knights in the world of the living.
    You have elementals from the elemental planes in the world of the living.
    You have Demons from the twisting nether in the world of the living.
    You have aberrations from outside of reality in the world of the living.

These races can venture outside of the Shadowlands. The Kyrians, already, ferry souls from the world of the living into the world of the dead. Draka and her mentor ventured into a demonic world to gather intel and steal some things.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

They already look a lot more varied than the Nightborne that we got.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So, this tells me the whole point of the Venthyr is lost on you.

That poster literally explained why Venthyr would have no place in the mortal realms.

A Venthyr (DEAD, character of the Shadowlands) Horde player is strolling down the streets, sees an Orc friend do something heinous.

They are supposed to just let them and not stop them? It makes no sense. I get why you guys want them to be player characters, but they are beyond the levels of player characters in terms of their life-meaning. They are bound to a specific duty that is not of the mortal realm.

why would they fucking care? lmao, is not his business, is the arbiter stuff

besides, the player just care jack hit about other players and npcs, they are not bound to a specific duty cause we saw tons of then just saying fuck this duty and siding with the Janitor, they can do what they want

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    We have no examples of a shadowlands race passing through the portal the player uses to get back to the mortal realms.
    it doesn't matter what portal is, we know a portal can be made and they can pass trough, you are nittpicking
    It would also compeltely break the cycle of life and death.
    you know what also completely break the cycle of life and death? UNDEADS, forsaken, death knights, and they are were, you want more examples? we in the shadowlands, living being in the realm of death

so please, don't
    'Oh you died and went to the Shadowlands? No worries, just pass through this portal and BHAM you're back in the world you uised to live in'.
    you are assuming they were from azeroth, they could be from countless of other worlds, even so, who cares? undeads and death knights also got a second chance, if they want that, and are allowed by the arbiter or whatever entity why they would not?

While I think it would be cool to play a Venthyr, I'm pretty clueless on what blizz is planning. However, I think I know one way they could be made to fit the story.

There are hints that the next big threat will be the void and/or the light, and the light has already begun encroaching on the Shadowlands. The Covenants joining us in the struggle against void & light seems plausible, tbh. But an allied race has to have a reason to come to Azeroth, I hear you cry! Not necessarily. It's unknown how the levelling system will work after SL, but one option is that we reset to 50 at every expac launch. Fresh characters now canonically go to Exile's Reach and then to Kul Tiras and Zandalar. Next expac would then either set the Shadowlands as the new default, or retain BfA zones while adding SL to chromie time.

Enter covenant allied races: they start at level 10 like all other SL races, and default to SL content even if BfA remains the default. When they reach 50, they go to the new zones like everybody else, which is in the thick of the fight against the void (and light). Covenant races *can* enter Azeroth and even level there, but canonically they don't. If they come to Orgrimmar or Stormwind it's as just that, allied troops in our fight against the void (and light).

And the expac after that they're legacy content and are mentioned about as often as the Vulpera or Draenei are.

(Yes, joining covenants as that race will be silly. Yes, you can already see that by levelling a Kul Tiran in Kul Tiras, they still call you "mainlander" constantly.)

edit: This can be "the thing" next prepatch. When we're all done with SL and are just waiting for the next one, they launch four new allied races and reset us to level 50, letting us again level new alts for the next expansion.
    Last edited by paxen; 2021-01-21 at 02:09 PM.

I want the owls. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I want the owls. Please.
    Kyrian moonkin form

I agree that the Shadowlands races have no motivation to join the Horde or Alliance.

There could be Azerothian races that would want to join the factions now that they have access to the realm of Death. Any races that may have had necromancers or worshiped death gods. I'm thinking races like:

- Vrykul
    - Ogres
    - Nerubians
    - Grimtotem
    - Blood Trolls
    - Quilboar

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Kyrian moonkin form
    More like a racial trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I agree that the Shadowlands races have no motivation to join the Horde or Alliance.

There could be Azerothian races that would want to join the factions now that they have access to the realm of Death. Any races that may have had necromancers or worshiped death gods. I'm thinking races like:

- Vrykul
    - Ogres
    - Nerubians
    - Grimtotem
    - Blood Trolls
    - Quilboar
    Vrykul are a highly plausible possibility. There are males and females. Legion gave them updated textures and animations (males more than females). The Kyrian use the female Vrykul skeleton so, if they end up being playable, there's a high chance Vrykul do, as well.

Ogres are, also, a highly plausible possibility. They have been part of the many variations of the Horde, since its inception.
    Mag'har Orcs bring with them, from alternate Draenor, the Stonemaul clan of Ogres.
    Rexxar uses the male Kul Tiran skeleton which, could be applied to playable Ogres.
    Maldraxxian Gladiators use a modified Ogre skeleton for males and female Kul Tiran skeleton for females. This could be another, potential, solution.

Nerubians are, highly, unlikely as they walk on four legs.

Grimtotems are, definitely, a possibility - either as customization or an allied race. Blizzard has, already, hinted at them with Torkhan:

Blood Trolls would be an, extremely, cool option. and i mean, extremely. Blizzard have, outright, said they don't plan to add them as an allied race. And they didn't end up as a customization option in Shadowlands. But, they use the Troll skeleton so, that wouldn't be a problem.

Quilboar, although they got updated textures and a female model in BfA, are unlikely as they are mortal enemies of the Tauren. The Alliance wouldn't want them as they are too brutish and primtive, like the Orcs. They are more of a gimmick mob, like Gnolls, Kobolds, Troggs and Centaur.

They don't need to be resurrected. They can exist as undead in the mortal realm.

Kul Tirans had something like 4 faces before they were added.

Then, you forget the Tortollan and Ankoan of BfA, which had little to no facial animations, even though they are a recent addition.

Like choom posted above, they were given multiple customization options like, hairstyles, hair colors, skin colors etc. There's absolutely no need for it, if they are, merely, NPCs.

No. The reason they made some into Allied races and some into customization option lies in the differences between them. While Dark Iron Dwarves are different from the Bronzebeards, Wildhammer are not distinct enough.

Not gonna happen. They are going Horde. They are way too similar to Orcs in culture.

I do understand.
    You have Forsaken undead and undead Death Knights in the world of the living.
    You have elementals from the elemental planes in the world of the living.
    You have Demons from the twisting nether in the world of the living.
    You have aberrations from outside of reality in the world of the living.

These races can venture outside of the Shadowlands. The Kyrians, already, ferry souls from the world of the living into the world of the dead. Draka and her mentor ventured into a demonic world to gather intel and steal some things.

The forsaken use their own decomposed body.

Elementals don't have souls as far as we know, neither do demons or void aberrations.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Beings from another plane of existence should not join the mortal factions. It's as if angels were real in our world and they would suddenly join the American army to participate in some petty squabble with another country. Why?
    I agree that no shadowlands races should be playable, but your argument is overly simplistic. It's a game where demons are from space, and gods and demigods that are a mixture of the divine (Elune) and titanic (literally, titans) regularly take sides. If you think it's crazy that an 'angel' would take a side in mortal affairs, surely you would think a literal demigod like Cenarius doing the same thing would be ludicrous (keep in mind that while his character model is half night elf, that he is in fact not a night elf).

I don't think Shadowlands races being playable is a good idea, and I hope it won't happen... but the reasons you give are at odds with what Blizzard has already proven they are ok with doing.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Elementals don't have souls as far as we know, neither do demons or void aberrations.
    So? Kyrian, Sylvar, Venthyr and Necrolords have physical bodies, as well.

Demon souls are bound to the Twisting Nether. As such, when demons are slain in the physical world, their soul returns to the Nether where they recuperate and reform a new body.

What do souls have to do with anything?

Honestly, I agree, they aren't that good looking. The venthyr have the opposite issue to the blood elves. People always accusing the Belfs of not having males in the race ... well the venthyr have no females. >_>;

Honestly, I'd rather play the stoneborn and be a gargoyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Honestly, I agree, they aren't that good looking. The venthyr have the opposite issue to the blood elves. People always accusing the Belfs of not having males in the race ... well the venthyr have no females. >_>;

Tauren would like a word with you regarding gender representation lol.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Shadowlands creates a body for them...the anima seeds are at least 1 example of this and I'm sure something within Maldraxus also does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post

Considering they don't reproduce why does it really matter? Also I honestly recall seeing plenty of females so not quite sure where you're getting that. They tend to actually be more in the upper class though. I mean hell the majority of the most powerful venthyr are female.

So? Kyrian, Sylvar, Venthyr and Necrolords have physical bodies, as well.

Demon souls are bound to the Twisting Nether. As such, when demons are slain in the physical world, their soul returns to the Nether where they recuperate and reform a new body.

What do souls have to do with anything?
    They have physical bodies in the shadowlands, not in Azeroth.

Demons and the Nether has nothing to do with the souls in the shadowlands. Demons work differently. Looking at them, their bodies disappear when killed. This says that they are in a shallow form when outside the nether.

Dude, whatever. I tried to tell you. You don't want to listen, so be it. I am not gonna have a back and forth when this is so obvious.

If people can just die, go to the shadowlands, get a new body and take a portal back to azeroth, the whole lore gets broken and there is no point to any of the events outside the shadowlands. It would literally break WoW. I don't see it happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Shadowlands creates a body for them...the anima seeds are at least 1 example of this and I'm sure something within Maldraxus also does.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering they don't reproduce why does it really matter? Also I honestly recall seeing plenty of females so not quite sure where you're getting that. They tend to actually be more in the upper class though. I mean hell the majority of the most powerful venthyr are female.
    I think that ardenweald stuff only applies to wild god lifeforms. You don't see druids coming back to life that way. Only wild gods.

They have physical bodies in the shadowlands, not in Azeroth.

Demons and the Nether has nothing to do with the souls in the shadowlands. Demons work differently. Looking at them, their bodies disappear when killed. This says that they are in a shallow form when outside the nether.

Dude, whatever. I tried to tell you. You don't want to listen, so be it. I am not gonna have a back and forth when this is so obvious.

If people can just die, go to the shadowlands, get a new body and take a portal back to azeroth, the whole lore gets broken and there is no point to any of the events outside the shadowlands. It would literally break WoW. I don't see it happening.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that ardenweald stuff only applies to wild god lifeforms. You don't see druids coming back to life that way. Only wild gods.
    .....Ysera isn't a wild god and much less really isn't even a dragon aspect as she once was. You also don't need to be a druid fyi as I'm pretty sure Thiernax doesn't sound like he was a druid in his past. It really doesn't matter as it is evidence of them creating form for a spirit though.