Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    No, it's a way to add new races without having to shoe-horn them in historically. Keep in mind the old leveling path. Using the end of BfA as "current", we started our our heroic journey 10 years in the past, the Cataclysm caused by Deathwing. We then level to 60, travel back in time 4 years to Burning Crusade for 60-70, move forward another 2 years to Wrath for 70-80, then return to the time we started for 80-85, advance two years for 85-90, and so on.

If they had kept that, they would have had to come up with shoe-horn after shoe-horn to explain why each new race was around at the time Deathwing re-emerged. So instead they fixed it so that each new race joins us in the present. They cannot get rid of the time warp, but the allied race concept eliminates the need for the shoe-horns.
    This was a sorta valid argument until they revamped the leveling in SL though as all the past expansions can only be "properly" played by activating chromie time.

I rather have more customization for the existing races. None of the SL "races" have a real reason to exit the Shadowlands, their purpouse doesn't end with us defeating the Jailer. Kyrians still have to ferry souls to through the veils, Night Faes willl still have to tend to wild spirits, Necrolords seem to have huge fun in Maldraxxus by fighting all the time and defending the Shadowlands and Venthyrs will still have to torment souls for attonement.

Still waiting for Forest trolls, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Beings from another plane of existence should not join the mortal factions. It's as if angels were real in our world and they would suddenly join the American army to participate in some petty squabble with another country. Why?
    It could work if a couple of Shadowland denizens came to azeroth as NPCs, but that's it.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2021-01-31 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    No, fuck that shit. If they were to add the covenants as allied races, then they should add all of them and make all of them neutral.

Also Sylvar look like shit and don't fit the Alliance specifically at all. If anything, what the Alliance does not need right now is a race that is really similar to existing ones and same goes for Horde. If your suggestion actually came forward, then Venthyr go to the Alliance and Sylvar to the Horde.

That being said, I don't think we will get any Allied Races in SL and also Allied Races are just an excuse for Blizzard to not make starting zones. They need to add normal races to the game which you can start playing from lvl1 and not races that you need to grind for and then reroll.
    Neutral would not makes sense, whatsoever.
    Sylvar fit the Night elves which, are in the Alliance.
    Venthyr fit the Horde as a vampire race.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Oh? So you have first-hand knowledge of Blizzard's plans? Cite your source confirming this plz.
    Simple. Model-wise, they don't add races with wings because it interferes.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    I rather have more customization for the existing races. None of the SL "races" have a real reason to exit the Shadowlands, their purpouse doesn't end with us defeating the Jailer. Kyrians still have to ferry souls to through the veils, Night Faes willl still have to tend to wild spirits, Necrolords seem to have huge fun in Maldraxxus by fighting all the time and defending the Shadowlands and Venthyrs will still have to torment souls for attonement.

Still waiting for Forest trolls, though.
    They would still do it. Not all of them will join us. And we don't know how Sylavanas' plan to tear it all apart is coming along. So, in the end, they might not even need to.

As for Forest Trolls, the lack of them in the troll customization options of Shadowlands is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    Sylvar fit the Night elves which, are in the Alliance.
    No they don't.

Venthyr fit the Horde as a vampire race.
    No they don't.

In both cases there is absolutely nothing that suggests that either fits one particular race or faction. Actually, exactly the opposite is true. The dead are joining either of these covenants and becoming one of them, regardless of their previous race or faction allegiance. This isn't even an opinion, you're just clueless.

edit: Also, nice new account. Main account got perma banned for posting nonsense and trolling?
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-01-31 at 05:01 PM.

No they don't.

No they don't.

In both cases there is absolutely nothing that suggests that either fits one particular race or faction. Actually, exactly the opposite is true. The dead are joining either of these covenants and becoming one of them, regardless of their previous race or faction allegiance. This isn't even an opinion, you're just clueless.
    Then, i guess you don't see the connection between Wild Gods, Groves, Night Time, Moonlit Trees, Shooting Stars, Ysera, Cenarius, Night Warrior, Woodland Fauna and Flora, Druidism and Night elves.

You don't see the connection between the arrogance, snobbery, High class society, draining anima/magic, hunger for power, Anima/magic addiction, Withered/Wretched and Ash Ghouls, class division, Kael'thas Sunstrider and Blood elves?

Actually, not all souls go to these places.
    Only those with a deep connection to the wilds, like Druids and Hunters go to Ardenweald. You know who was the example soul at Blizzcon? Cenarius.
    Mostly those with great pride go to Revendreth, like Garrosh with his Sha of Pride. You know who was the example soul at Blizzcon? Kael'thas Sunstrider.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post

I believe only the Venthyr rely on anima for sustenance, like the vampire they are.
    Kyrians use it for their constructs, Sylvar use it for their groves and wildseeds, and Necrolords use it for their constructs, as well, i think.

I didnt mean "feed" as in food, or a way you remain sane, i meant it as a "link" to the shadowlands.

No they don't.

No they don't.

edit: Also, nice new account. Main account got perma banned for posting nonsense and trolling?
    They aren't dead, or undead. The Shadowlands are where mortal souls go when they die but its a living breathing realm full of life, as per Odyn book.

There's several references to Kyrian and Night Fae talking about visiting our world someday.

The Nathrezim are natives to the Shadowlands and they have been mucking around in reality for thousands of years.

The Mawsworn were part of the Scourge invasion of Azeroth.

So you couldn't be more wrong dude. Ironic calling someone clueless when its you that's clueless. Do people like you even play the game or did you get all your lore from the Blizzcon reveal trailer and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by TragedyAnn View Post
    I think - all logical arguments why they shouldn't be playable aside (and I fully acknowledge there are many logical arguments) - "Rule of cool" is always going to trump everything, and it would ultimately be cool for them to be playable. Thus if Blizzard wills it - They will contrive whatever story is necessary to make it fit. Whether it sores the butts of nitpicky lore buffs or not (and I count myself a nitpicky lore buff - for the record). It made all the sense in the world from a lore perspective for Gilgoblins to join the horde alongside Mechagnomes joining the alliance - But we got Vulpera instead... because they were cooler. Thus endeth the thought process.

COULD it happen? Absolutely.
    Don't forget though that the same people who were lobbying for vulpera were also lobbying for sethrak and they never got that race. Mechagnomes aren't as popular so this notion that vulpera were picked for being popular isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    These 2 fit perfectly

Slyvar: Satyr-like bestial humanoid like worgen,stands upright, has connections with night elves and worgen
    because of similar beliefs. Has horns and hooves like draenei. Looks badass. Furry. From Ardenweald.

Venthyr: First true vampire race. Finally vampire vs. werewolf trope can be a thing in WoW with worgen vs venthyr.
    Upright undead. Looks badass. From Revendreth.

blue human Kyrian and Maldraxxus dead human are not nearly as interesting as these two races above.
    Also Ardenweald fairies can technically fly, whereas no other race can at the moment so they're out.
    No they look really crap dude, both Sylvar and Venthyr look super bad, ain't no way I am playing any of that. In fact, Kyrian and fairie Night Fae would look x1000 times better. Can you imagine x2 races that can fly, like Kyrian and Night fae fairies? It would be darn cool. In zones where flying is not available, they could glide. Problem solved. But anyway not wanting to offend or ruin it for you but Venthyr and Sylvar just look bad. Sylvar are the hairy, ugly version of Draenei, and Venthyr almost look like ugly tall zombies to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleann View Post
    No they look really crap dude, both Sylvar and Venthyr look super bad, ain't no way I am playing any of that. In fact, Kyrian and fairie Night Fae would look x1000 times better. Can you imagine x2 races that can fly, like Kyrian and Night fae fairies? It would be darn cool. In zones where flying is not available, they could glide. Problem solved. But anyway not wanting to offend or ruin it for you but Venthyr and Sylvar just look bad. Sylvar are the hairy, ugly version of Draenei, and Venthyr almost look like ugly tall zombies to me.
    Opinions are opinions.

I dont like the night fea for example or necrolords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    They aren't dead, or undead. The Shadowlands are where mortal souls go when they die but its a living breathing realm full of life, as per Odyn book.

There's several references to Kyrian and Night Fae talking about visiting our world someday.

The Nathrezim are natives to the Shadowlands and they have been mucking around in reality for thousands of years.

The Mawsworn were part of the Scourge invasion of Azeroth.

So you couldn't be more wrong dude. Ironic calling someone clueless when its you that's clueless. Do people like you even play the game or did you get all your lore from the Blizzcon reveal trailer and call it a day.
    Good points man. Forgot the mawsworn were actually in azeroth when picking up anduin. That alone makes the argument "they cant leave" already pointless.

I vote yes! That is if the racials are good as my Zandalari troll warrior uses hers all the time and so does my foxy hunter - if BFA had a solid win it was the allied races!!

Oh god, the devs have opened pandoras box with allied races. Venthyr looks so much better and unique than Sylvar to begin with, and of course horde would get the cooler Venthyr, alliance would get yet another draenei reskin. Great. Pfff.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-02-13 at 05:42 AM.