Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It makes no sense for covenant races to join factions in azeroth.

Allied races cannot come from there.
    But they can come from an alternate reality?
    They can come from space?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    But Fauns look terrible and terribly out of place
    Your opinion.
    And no. Fauns are not out of place in a mythology-based game with Orcs, Trolls, Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Minotaurs, Gnomes, Goblins, Dwarves, Werewolves and zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Pretty much all of them had more than the hero helping them

Leaving the shadowlands does not go against the purpose.... yeah right.

They all have their duties explicitly in the shadowlands, except for maldraxxus and Bastion, the latter which just ferries souls and do not interfere.
    Yeah... a few lore characters that, apparently, speak for the entire faction.

That's the thing. There are others who would be left behind and new souls, always replenish their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Stop this.
    Denizens born of the Shadowlands have no place on the mortal plane just as we have no place in their plane.
    Like Forsaken and Death Knights?

Both of them have kinda weird animations that don't really work with a player character, in the case of sylvar their running animation just doesn't suit a playable character imo. But if they modified them a bit it'd be good

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Like Forsaken and Death Knights?
    Sort of, but hey, they weren't actually from the realm of Death. They still started as mortal beings.

A lot of the beings in the Shadowlands seem to have been there either a very long time or forever, with some quite literally being born in the SL, almost.

At least this isn't as bad as people saying we should get the Oribos folks as playable characters.

Now THAT is a dumb idea.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Both of them have kinda weird animations that don't really work with a player character, in the case of sylvar their running animation just doesn't suit a playable character imo. But if they modified them a bit it'd be good
    A unique running animation - implying their future playability, like Vulepra's unique sleep animation before they were added.

Sort of, but hey, they weren't actually from the realm of Death. They still started as mortal beings.

A lot of the beings in the Shadowlands seem to have been there either a very long time or forever, with some quite literally being born in the SL, almost.

At least this isn't as bad as people saying we should get the Oribos folks as playable characters.

Now THAT is a dumb idea.
    You mean the Brokers?
    Their model is perfect for playable Ethereals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian, already, fit perfectly in the Alliance with their culture of justice and valor and their connections to Uther.
    right, but again, they are just blue humans, nothing new, the same shit but blue, not appealing unless they make crazy racials, not a fan.
    Male Maldraxxian Gladiators use the Ogre skeleton, with a different posture, while female Maldraxxian Gladiators use the female Kul Tiran skeleton. They fit, perfectly, in the Horde with their culture of war and glory and their connections to Draka.
    they don't have faces, which is something the playable races should

if we are going to get ogre skeleton, but the real ogres, fuck Draka, pointless and uninteresting character.

And Again, i think those are too close to what we already have, with nothing to little thing to differentiate then, sylvan at least are fauns, which is a lot different than normal elves, an venthyr are dope vampires with dracula theme

- - - Updated - - -

Why would any self respecting denizen of the shadowlands fight for such fleeting organizations?
    because said organizations fight for then and save their asses for annihilation

seems like a pretty decent reason, payback is always nice, plus, they can make up some shit that they need to save azeroth too, so the shadowlands don't get fucked up by extension, easy

- - - Updated - - -

Stop this.
    Denizens born of the Shadowlands have no place on the mortal plane just as we have no place in their plane.
    but we are in their plane, fighting for then, they can do the same, lol

people rly don't have imagination in a fantasy genre

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    right, but again, they are just blue humans, nothing new, the same shit but blue, not appealing unless they make crazy racials, not a fan.

if we are going to get ogre skeleton, but the real ogres, fuck Draka, pointless and uninteresting character.

And Again, i think those are too close to what we already have, with nothing to little thing to differentiate then, sylvan at least are fauns, which is a lot different than normal elves, an venthyr are dope vampires with dracula theme
    And Kul Tirans are just fat humans. They still got added.

The point is Kyrian are not just blue humans. They are angels. And Angels are missing from the playable races.

The covered faces are, probably, an attempt to hide their lack of facial animations - until Blizzard adds them.

Draka is there to imply on their similarities to Orcs.

Actually, they aren't. We don't have playable angels and we don't have playable gladiators (even though i don't know if i can consider gladiators a race).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

seems like a pretty decent reason, payback is always nice, plus, they can make up some shit that they need to save azeroth too, so the shadowlands don't get fucked up by extension, easy

- - - Updated - - -

but we are in their plane, fighting for then, they can do the same, lol

people rly don't have imagination in a fantasy genre
    Let me rephrase... as PLAYER characters, these SL beings are far too old for us to grasp. I don't think it makes sense, honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the Brokers?
    Their model is perfect for playable Ethereals.
    Mortal players playing as these beings that seem to be out of the cycle of both life and death seems... odd. I'm all about playing as elves and such. But the Brokers? Come on. Can anything stay sacred and mysterious? Why can't we play as elementals? Why can't we play as demons?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yeah... a few lore characters that, apparently, speak for the entire faction.
    We don't always represent the factions, like in this case we are basically the primary helpers of the ebon blade.

That's the thing. There are others who would be left behind and new souls, always replenish their numbers.
    It does not change their obligation.

Maldraxxi sole purpose is to safeguard the shadowlands, not meddle in mortal Squabbles
    Kyrian are glorified UPS deliveryman
    Venthyr are supposed to absolve sins and help redeem them not strolling through the realm of the lving
    Sylvan have a duty to tend to ardenweald and the cycle of reincarnation going on there first and foremost.

Any debt can be repaid when it matters, in the afterlife. A Lifespan is just a blink of an eye to these beings, what the Alliance and Horde do and represent is pretty inconsequential to them, they owe a handful of souls at most, so wherever these souls end up they could be granted a nice position, if the arbiter doe not toss them into revendreth, which would mean the venthyr would just work extra hard for the hero to atone and get them into their fold.

Just imagine a Venthyr strolling through Orgrimmar and their orc commander attacks in a manner the venthyr knows will get him revendreth and he just says, well buddy don't worry we will work this out when I beat your sorry ass for a few centuries after you die *wink.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2021-01-20 at 03:47 PM.

That's ridiculous,

People from the Shadowlands would never join the horde or the alliance because they are dead. It makes 0 sense lorewise.

Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    Worgen and Undead don't have allied race counterparts yet. These 2 fit perfectly

Slyvar: Satyr-like bestial humanoid like worgen,stands upright, has connections with night elves and worgen
    because of similar beliefs. Has horns and hooves like draenei. Looks badass. Furry. From Ardenweald.

Venthyr: First true vampire race. Finally vampire vs. werewolf trope can be a thing in WoW with worgen vs venthyr.
    Upright undead. Looks badass. From Revendreth.

blue human Kyrian and Maldraxxus dead human are not nearly as interesting as these two races above.
    Also Ardenweald fairies can technically fly, whereas no other race can at the moment so they're out.
    any of the shadowlands races joining either side would make about as much sense as the nightborne joining the horde

Both races are dead. How would they exist in the mortal realms?
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    any of the shadowlands races joining either side would make about as much sense as the nightborne joining the horde
    Not really comparable, the nightborne never had a job to their plane of existence and were free to do what they want, no shadowland race so far has that luxury.

7+ Year Old Account
    And Kul Tirans are just fat humans. They still got added.
    they are fat, bigger and have different culture than the normal ones, like i said, we need fundamental differences here, kyrians are same old paladin justice light shit but blue.
    The point is Kyrian are not just blue humans. They are angels. And Angels are missing from the playable races.
    if they make then appealing, and more than just human paladin x2, i would be down for that, but right now i see then pointless and a waste of a slot.
    The covered faces are, probably, an attempt to hide their lack of facial animations - until Blizzard adds them.
    But again, they are too much like ogres, and i rather have normal ogres than dead scourge wannabe ones.
    Draka is there to imply on their similarities to Orcs.
    and we want her far from the story as possible

Actually, they aren't. We don't have playable angels and we don't have playable gladiators (even though i don't know if i can consider gladiators a race).
    the normal ones, not ascended, are not rly angels, just blue humans, gladiators every warrior race can be, and it step too much in the toes of the ogre empire who are basically first class gladiators.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me rephrase... as PLAYER characters,
    Made zero difference, as player character it would make even more sense, cause players are always excepcional and can be as rare as the lore needs then to be, it could be in lore like 2-5 of then coming here, and it would not change much
    these SL beings are far too old for us to grasp. I don't think it makes sense, honestly.
    Like rly maters, player can do what they want in their own RP

- - - Updated - - -

Any debt can be repaid when it matters, in the afterlife.

thats a shit ass way of repay, they need help in life not in death, and again, what if saving azeroth also means they save the shadowlands?

if the voidlords get azeroth they can fuck up the shadowlands, as a way to stop that they come here to help the factions of azeroth, they cannot wait until the titan is corrupted.

Easy explanation.

Just imagine a Venthyr strolling through Orgrimmar and their orc commander attacks in a manner the venthyr knows will get him revendreth and he just says, well buddy don't worry we will work this out when I beat your sorry ass for a few centuries after you die *wink.
    wat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    why not? the mawsorm went to the mortal realm to fish our leaders, the undeads are around since WC2

people, come on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    bluh bluh furries bluh bluh VENTHYR FOR HORDE
    Oh man, spending the entire expansion -doing shit for, and supporting, and getting totally into the lore of- a faction... only to have it join the Horde because Reasons. Like "Tyrande was mean".
    THAT SURE WAS FUN THE LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

thats a shit ass way of repay, they need help in life not in death, and again, what if saving azeroth also means they save the shadowlands?
    Life is a cosmic speck compared to the afterlife, we are talking a few decades in most cases compared to possibly billions of years, so yeah helping them in death is the far better choice. If they interfere on the behalf of the shadowlands, saving Azeroth there is zero reason for them to join a faction they would help both and only one Army would set out, Maldraxxus whose sole purpose it is to be the shadowlands army and wage war in its name.

if the voidlords get azeroth they can fuck up the shadowlands, as a way to stop that they come here to help the factions of azeroth, they cannot wait until the titan is corrupted.

Again no reason to join the factions and make them playable races, a maldraxxus expedition could just show up in force as a reputation faction
    Easy explanation.
    And not thought through.

wat
    A venthyr doesn't give a crap what an orc thinks of honor or how they wage war, but they know the consequences such an orc would suffer. So when they commit a grave sin the Venthyr will be aware of it, either telling the orc to stop this bullshit or suffer the consequences, who then might go on about his honor and warrior culture with mr fangs laughing in his face telling him that it is meaningless.

I mean the accuser would have a field day putting mortals in their place and it would be hilarious, but still no reason to have them join any faction.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2021-01-20 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want Ventyr if they're gonna do that fruity arm thing they all do. Fix their models and then you'll have my attention

why not? the mawsorm went to the mortal realm to fish our leaders, the undeads are around since WC2

people, come on
    The Mawsworn are acting outside the rules, they are actively breaking them. Kyrian, as far as we know, are the only Shadowland race that can pass back to the moral realms but they only act with the souls of the dead and have a very specific job. The undead are either automata or are dead bodies with a soul stuffed back into it.
    RETH

interesting i want to learn more about it

Mortal players playing as these beings that seem to be out of the cycle of both life and death seems... odd. I'm all about playing as elves and such. But the Brokers? Come on. Can anything stay sacred and mysterious? Why can't we play as elementals? Why can't we play as demons?
    They are not outside the cycle.
    They can die in the Shadowlands and some of them are former mortal souls.
    It's not like we're asking to play as Titans. Jeez...

We don't always represent the factions, like in this case we are basically the primary helpers of the ebon blade.

It does not change their obligation.

Maldraxxi sole purpose is to safeguard the shadowlands, not meddle in mortal Squabbles
    Kyrian are glorified UPS deliveryman
    Venthyr are supposed to absolve sins and help redeem them not strolling through the realm of the lving
    Sylvan have a duty to tend to ardenweald and the cycle of reincarnation going on there first and foremost.
    If you notice the story, Sylvans is trying to break those obligations.

Any debt can be repaid when it matters, in the afterlife. A Lifespan is just a blink of an eye to these beings, what the Alliance and Horde do and represent is pretty inconsequential to them, they owe a handful of souls at most, so wherever these souls end up they could be granted a nice position, if the arbiter doe not toss them into revendreth, which would mean the venthyr would just work extra hard for the hero to atone and get them into their fold.

Usually, these debts are paid by joining the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles123 View Post
    That's ridiculous,

People from the Shadowlands would never join the horde or the alliance because they are dead. It makes 0 sense lorewise.
    Like the Forsaken and Death Knights?

Like Forsaken and Death Knights.

they are fat, bigger and have different culture than the normal ones, like i said, we need fundamental differences here, kyrians are same old paladin justice light shit but blue.

if they make then appealing, and more than just human paladin x2, i would be down for that, but right now i see then pointless and a waste of a slot.

But again, they are too much like ogres, and i rather have normal ogres than dead scourge wannabe ones.

and we want her far from the story as possible

the normal ones, not ascended, are not rly angels, just blue humans, gladiators every warrior race can be, and it step too much in the toes of the ogre empire who are basically first class gladiators.
    They are Greeks. Humans are more like franks.

Maldraxxian Gladiators aren't Ogres just because the males use their skeleton. Ogres are ancient roman empire. These Gladiators are more like medieval Margraves and Barons.

They would get angel-like racials, heritage armor and mount.

The Mawsworn are acting outside the rules, they are actively breaking them. Kyrian, as far as we know, are the only Shadowland race that can pass back to the moral realms but they only act with the souls of the dead and have a very specific job. The undead are either automata or are dead bodies with a soul stuffed back into it.
    Maldraxxian have been seen on other planets, like Nathreza.

Brokers go from plane to plane, capturing entities.
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-20 at 05:30 PM.