Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Life is a cosmic speck compared to the afterlife, we are talking a few decades in most cases compared to possibly billions of years, so yeah helping them in death is the far better choice.
    no its not, it make no sense.

Again, Void is attacking the mortal plane, they want to corrupt azeroth, if they defeat horde and alliance they corrupt the titan and control everything, meaning, they also get control over the shadowlands, they have to help the factions now, so they can stand against the void forces, they helping then in deth will mena jack shit

Again no reason to join the factions and make them playable races, a maldraxxus expedition could just show up in force as a reputation faction
    Again, the reason is easily made up, they always make up a reason to make something playable, is always like that, worgens at wtLk didn't make sense to be playable either, see how it ends

And not thought through.
    Is easy and simple enough, and, its totally within the realms of possibility, you guys are limiting yourelf too much about this, like Blizzard is that dead on about it and never made shit up to fit things

If they made Derek burned body saty pristine after 30 years under the sea, this is nothing

A venthyr doesn't give a crap what an orc thinks of honor or how they wage war, but they know the consequences such an orc would suffer. So when they commit a grave sin the Venthyr will be aware of it, either telling the orc to stop this bullshit or suffer the consequences, who then might go on about his honor and warrior culture with mr fangs laughing in his face telling him that it is meaningless.
    and?
    I mean the accuser would have a field day putting mortals in their place and it would be hilarious, but still no reason to have them join any faction.
    she don't have to do shit, just send random venthyr explorers, new ones if you wish, so they can have a field trip helping the faction, to build then up little bit, nothing too fancy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    The Mawsworn are acting outside the rules, they are actively breaking them. Kyrian, as far as we know, are the only Shadowland race that can pass back to the moral realms but they only act with the souls of the dead and have a very specific job. The undead are either automata or are dead bodies with a soul stuffed back into it.
    everyone can pass trough a portal my dude, if they wish so, there is nothing saying they are physically incapable of passing trough, we already have proof of shadowlands races and beings coming here, they just need to explore more of it.

Breaking the rules? yeah we being there also break the rules, we are doing a lot of that for the purpose, so things can be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    They are Greeks. Humans are more like franks.
    right, but they still look like paladin humans with the same essence, the only thing i can see difference is they being blue, to me is not appealing, if they make then good i guess, but they don't get my voute.
    Maldraxxian Gladiators aren't Ogres just because the males use their skeleton. Ogres are ancient roman empire. These Gladiators are more like medieval Margraves and Barons.
    yeah, ogres are better

A unique running animation - implying their future playability, like Vulepra's unique sleep animation before they were added.
    They run like deer, it would look very odd on a player character. If you ***** **** your character into a sylvar you'll see what I'm talking about. Their current run animation would be better suited toward a running wild-esque mount spell, otherwise they would need to tone it down and edit it to make it look normal.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

wat
    So, this tells me the whole point of the Venthyr is lost on you.

That poster literally explained why Venthyr would have no place in the mortal realms.

A Venthyr (DEAD, character of the Shadowlands) Horde player is strolling down the streets, sees an Orc friend do something heinous.

They are supposed to just let them and not stop them? It makes no sense. I get why you guys want them to be player characters, but they are beyond the levels of player characters in terms of their life-meaning. They are bound to a specific duty that is not of the mortal realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Oh man, spending the entire expansion -doing shit for, and supporting, and getting totally into the lore of- a faction... only to have it join the Horde because Reasons. Like "Tyrande was mean".
    THAT SURE WAS FUN THE LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED.
    Thank you. This is on point.

They are clearly beyond mortal factions of one damned planet.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

everyone can pass trough a portal my dude, if they wish so, there is nothing saying they are physically incapable of passing trough, we already have proof of shadowlands races and beings coming here, they just need to explore more of it.

Breaking the rules? yeah we being there also break the rules, we are doing a lot of that for the purpose, so things can be changed.
    We have no examples of a shadowlands race passing through the portal the player uses to get back to the mortal realms. It would also compeltely break the cycle of life and death. 'Oh you died and went to the Shadowlands? No worries, just pass through this portal and BHAM you're back in the world you uised to live in'.

There's more to just breaking the rules. It's the entire cycle. The rules are broken to maintain the cycle, or in the case of the Mawsworn to completely muck it up. Not just to journey out and have a trip around Azeroth. What was the reason for Maldraxxus going to Nathreza? Was it to fix stuff the Jailer or another SL's denizen had done?
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

That poster literally explained why Venthyr would have no place in the mortal realms.

A Venthyr (DEAD, character of the Shadowlands) Horde player is strolling down the streets, sees an Orc friend do something heinous.

They are supposed to just let them and not stop them? It makes no sense. I get why you guys want them to be player characters, but they are beyond the levels of player characters in terms of their life-meaning. They are bound to a specific duty that is not of the mortal realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. This is on point.

They are clearly beyond mortal factions of one damned planet.
    How are the Venthyr any more out of place than any other whimsical race on this crazy mf planet.

We have Minotaurs, Zombies, Elves, Trolls, Dwarves, Garden Gnomes, Space Goats, Werewolves, and somehow stereotypical Vampires 'make no sense?'

They'll make Azeroth their problem because she is the secret special secret of the First Ones.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It doesn't really fit, unless, like others have said, something big happens in the Shadowlands for these races to go into the mortal realm. Maybe they form a coalition to stop mortals from fucking with the afterlife, and players who pick these races are sent as ambassadors? Either way, every new race that isn't ethereal is a wasted opportunity.
    This man gets it.

We don't need satyrs or vampiree, both are cringe.

Shadowlands races have no business being faction-locked.

Previous allied races went to <x> faction because it made sense for the expansion at the time.

Shadowlands races don't care what faction you are, therefore alliance and horde should both be able to be them. Both alliance and horde help each race, neither moreso than the other. Alliance who pick night fae even help Bwonswamdi, the same as Horde players do, to save Ardenweald.

That's if they have allied races at all in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It doesn't really fit, unless, like others have said, something big happens in the Shadowlands for these races to go into the mortal realm. Maybe they form a coalition to stop mortals from fucking with the afterlife, and players who pick these races are sent as ambassadors? Either way, every new race that isn't ethereal is a wasted opportunity.
    The point of any development decision is money. Whether it's selling expansions or retaining players it's all just business.

If the covenant races become playable with the pre-purchase of the 9th expansion, people are going to buy it and pay $25 USD for a race change on top of that. I think people forget that this game is a big business, the lore is never ever ever going to get in the way of business. The return on investment from new races, and the flood of race changes that immediately follow, must be insane.

So... you want to resurrect whole race so that you may be able to play them? lol

I'd be surprised to see any allied races added. It strikes me as an abandoned feature. Especially considering the reputation requirements being removed. I can see a story that would let any of the shadowlands races join though. Just say the line between the planes is forever blurred and damaged beyond repair.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

right, but they still look like paladin humans with the same essence, the only thing i can see difference is they being blue, to me is not appealing, if they make then good i guess, but they don't get my voute.

yeah, ogres are better
    I guess you were not a fan of "I'm blue da-boo-dee da-boo-da"

Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    They run like deer, it would look very odd on a player character. If you ***** **** your character into a sylvar you'll see what I'm talking about. Their current run animation would be better suited toward a running wild-esque mount spell, otherwise they would need to tone it down and edit it to make it look normal.
    Fauns are goats, after all.

Your job is to rehabilitate inmates. Do you stop someone on the street and tell them their behavior is unacceptable?

We have no examples of a shadowlands race passing through the portal the player uses to get back to the mortal realms. It would also compeltely break the cycle of life and death. 'Oh you died and went to the Shadowlands? No worries, just pass through this portal and BHAM you're back in the world you uised to live in'.

There's more to just breaking the rules. It's the entire cycle. The rules are broken to maintain the cycle, or in the case of the Mawsworn to completely muck it up. Not just to journey out and have a trip around Azeroth. What was the reason for Maldraxxus going to Nathreza? Was it to fix stuff the Jailer or another SL's denizen had done?
    did characters from another reality break our reality? They didn't leave the portal open behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Shadowlands races have no business being faction-locked.

Previous allied races went to <x> faction because it made sense for the expansion at the time.

Shadowlands races don't care what faction you are, therefore alliance and horde should both be able to be them. Both alliance and horde help each race, neither moreso than the other. Alliance who pick night fae even help Bwonswamdi, the same as Horde players do, to save Ardenweald.

That's if they have allied races at all in Shadowlands.
    Both factions helped the BfA allied races. It will, also, apply to the Shadowlands races. The faction they have the most in common with. Which is Kyrians and Sylvar with the Humans and Night elves of the Alliance, and Venthyr and Maldraxxian Gladiators with the Blood elves and Orcs of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    So... you want to resurrect whole race so that you may be able to play them? lol
    Who said anything about resurrection? Forsaken are still dead, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I'd be surprised to see any allied races added. It strikes me as an abandoned feature. Especially considering the reputation requirements being removed. I can see a story that would let any of the shadowlands races join though. Just say the line between the planes is forever blurred and damaged beyond repair.
    Not at all. The ease of making allied races + the monetary gain = Blizzard is not gonna pass on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see any way that Blizz opens up the Shadowlands races to be playable at this point. A large hint towards this IMO is the NPCs themselves. There's not a ton of facial differences with the Kyrian, the Venthyr, or really most of the Sylvar. Maybe a couple small differences, but generally speaking they don't have a lot of nuance to their character designs which a playable race would need.

Plus, I tend to agree with the other posters who see the Allied Races as a somewhat abandoned feature. Many of the possibilities that might've gone towards other Allied Races seem to have been baked into the character customizations we got in Shadowlands. Wildhammer Dwarves, Sand Trolls, High Elves...all now have a very realistic way to play in WoW at this point and all at one point seemed like potential Allied Race fits. I have to wonder how many of the current Allied Races Blizz would wrap back into other races if they could (LF Draenei as customizations for Draenei, for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I don't really see any way that Blizz opens up the Shadowlands races to be playable at this point. A large hint towards this IMO is the NPCs themselves. There's not a ton of facial differences with the Kyrian, the Venthyr, or really most of the Sylvar. Maybe a couple small differences, but generally speaking they don't have a lot of nuance to their character designs which a playable race would need.

Plus, I tend to agree with the other posters who see the Allied Races as a somewhat abandoned feature. Many of the possibilities that might've gone towards other Allied Races seem to have been baked into the character customizations we got in Shadowlands. Wildhammer Dwarves, Sand Trolls, High Elves...all now have a very realistic way to play in WoW at this point and all at one point seemed like potential Allied Race fits. I have to wonder how many of the current Allied Races Blizz would wrap back into other races if they could (LF Draenei as customizations for Draenei, for instance).
    There are not a ton of differences? one's a Vampire, the other a Faun, the third an Angel and the fourth a Gladiator. How are they similar?

There are, already, signs towards their playability. male and female models. up-to-date textures and animations (including facial ones). a unique running animation (Sylvar). a number of customizations options.

What? why would Blizzard give Lightforged Draenei customization options to Draenei if there's, already, a Lightforged Draenei race?

The Wildhammer, unlike your example, are not Dark iron Dwarves, so there's no overlap in that department.

Like the Forsaken and Death Knights?
    Yeah I guess they could be resurrected into undead bodies, very true bud

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like you perhaps didn't quite understand what I was saying there, so I'll try this again

There are not a ton of differences? one's a Vampire, the other a Faun, the third an Angel and the fourth a Gladiator. How are they similar?
    I'm not saying that all four races are the same, I'm saying that each race within itself does not have a ton of customization itself. Most of the Kyrian faces of any gender tend to look the same, with a couple small exceptions. Most of the Venthyr faces tend to look the same, such as the Curator & the Accuser. For a truly playable race, Blizz generally wants to have a few different facial options. Vulpera came with a few different face/snout options before they ever became playable, which was a hint that they would be at some point. Right now, the Shadowlands races don't have that same sort of variability in customizations.

There are, already, signs towards their playability. male and female models. up-to-date textures and animations (including facial ones). a unique running animation (Sylvar). a number of customizations options.
    Up to date textures & animations is to be expected with any new race. Blizz doesn't want a new race to clash graphically with the new zones, so of course they are going to have up to date textures, models, animations, etc. But for a number of customization options, I'm just not seeing it with most of the Shadowlands races. As I mentioned earlier, how different style-wise are the Accuser & the Curator realistically? Or Theotar and most generic Venthyr males? Compare that to the Kul Tirans which had a few different face types and several different setups of facial and non-facial hair. There just isn't enough there at this point to truly hint at playable races as much as these races just being flavorful NPCs which may have an occasional quest chain and/or toy to take their form.

What? why would Blizzard give Lightforged Draenei customization options to Draenei if there's, already, a Lightforged Draenei race?

The Wildhammer, unlike your example, are not Dark iron Dwarves, so there's no overlap in that department.
    Right now, they wouldn't. But given how light the changes are between LF Draenei and regular Draenei, one has to wonder if they would actually be customization options had the Allied Race system never come into place. Wildhammer had potential to be an Allied Race and seem to be about as similar aesthetically to Dwarves as LF Draenei are to Draenei, which is why I have to wonder if Blizz half wishes they could merge LF Draenei and regular Draenei into one race again if they could. They likely won't, the race has already been introduced and has different racials.

The reason I brought those up was more that many Allied Races seemed more like customizations at the time rather than full races...and now the core races have similar customizations themselves. Adding the new customizations as we've gotten would seem to point towards Blizz wanting to go back to full races and flesh out customization options rather than add in allied races again.

I feel like you perhaps didn't quite understand what I was saying there, so I'll try this again

I'm not saying that all four races are the same, I'm saying that each race within itself does not have a ton of customization itself. Most of the Kyrian faces of any gender tend to look the same, with a couple small exceptions. Most of the Venthyr faces tend to look the same, such as the Curator & the Accuser. For a truly playable race, Blizz generally wants to have a few different facial options. Vulpera came with a few different face/snout options before they ever became playable, which was a hint that they would be at some point. Right now, the Shadowlands races don't have that same sort of variability in customizations.

They already look a lot more varied than the Nightborne that we got.

5+ Year Old Account
    I’ll accept Venthry for Horde if Alliance gets the big muscle men and women from Necrolords.

But they can come from an alternate reality?
    They can come from space?

Your opinion.
    And no. Fauns are not out of place in a mythology-based game with Orcs, Trolls, Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Minotaurs, Gnomes, Goblins, Dwarves, Werewolves and zombies.

Yeah... a few lore characters that, apparently, speak for the entire faction.

That's the thing. There are others who would be left behind and new souls, always replenish their numbers.

Like Forsaken and Death Knights?
    You don't understand. The shadowlands isn't the world of the living. It is likely none of it's denizens can cross over to Azeroth. It would make zero sense for that to happen.

The shadowlands is a different plain of existance. It is not space, or a paralel world of the living. It's the plane that takes souls after they perish their body in the realm of the living. Their SL bodies cannot possibly be sustainable in the realm of the living or there would be no point to death.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-01-21 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles123 View Post
    Yeah I guess they could be resurrected into undead bodies, very true bud
    They don't need to be resurrected. They can exist as undead in the mortal realm.

Up to date textures & animations is to be expected with any new race. Blizz doesn't want a new race to clash graphically with the new zones, so of course they are going to have up to date textures, models, animations, etc. But for a number of customization options, I'm just not seeing it with most of the Shadowlands races. As I mentioned earlier, how different style-wise are the Accuser & the Curator realistically? Or Theotar and most generic Venthyr males? Compare that to the Kul Tirans which had a few different face types and several different setups of facial and non-facial hair. There just isn't enough there at this point to truly hint at playable races as much as these races just being flavorful NPCs which may have an occasional quest chain and/or toy to take their form.

Right now, they wouldn't. But given how light the changes are between LF Draenei and regular Draenei, one has to wonder if they would actually be customization options had the Allied Race system never come into place. Wildhammer had potential to be an Allied Race and seem to be about as similar aesthetically to Dwarves as LF Draenei are to Draenei, which is why I have to wonder if Blizz half wishes they could merge LF Draenei and regular Draenei into one race again if they could. They likely won't, the race has already been introduced and has different racials.

The reason I brought those up was more that many Allied Races seemed more like customizations at the time rather than full races...and now the core races have similar customizations themselves. Adding the new customizations as we've gotten would seem to point towards Blizz wanting to go back to full races and flesh out customization options rather than add in allied races again.
    Kul Tirans had something like 4 faces before they were added.

Then, you forget the Tortollan and Ankoan of BfA, which had little to no facial animations, even though they are a recent addition.

Like choom posted above, they were given multiple customization options like, hairstyles, hair colors, skin colors etc. There's absolutely no need for it, if they are, merely, NPCs.

No. The reason they made some into Allied races and some into customization option lies in the differences between them. While Dark Iron Dwarves are different from the Bronzebeards, Wildhammer are not distinct enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I’ll accept Venthry for Horde if Alliance gets the big muscle men and women from Necrolords.
    Not gonna happen. They are going Horde. They are way too similar to Orcs in culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You don't understand. The shadowlands isn't the world of the living. It is likely none of it's denizens can cross over to Azeroth. It would make zero sense for that to happen.

The shadowlands is a different plain of existance. It is not space, or a paralel world of the living. It's the plane that takes souls after they perish their body in the realm of the living. Their SL bodies cannot possibly be sustainable in the realm of the living or there would be no point to death.
    I do understand.
    You have Forsaken undead and undead Death Knights in the world of the living.
    You have elementals from the elemental planes in the world of the living.
    You have Demons from the twisting nether in the world of the living.
    You have aberrations from outside of reality in the world of the living.

These races can venture outside of the Shadowlands. The Kyrians, already, ferry souls from the world of the living into the world of the dead. Draka and her mentor ventured into a demonic world to gather intel and steal some things.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

They already look a lot more varied than the Nightborne that we got.

7+ Year Old Account

why would they fucking care? lmao, is not his business, is the arbiter stuff

besides, the player just care jack hit about other players and npcs, they are not bound to a specific duty cause we saw tons of then just saying fuck this duty and siding with the Janitor, they can do what they want

We have no examples of a shadowlands race passing through the portal the player uses to get back to the mortal realms.
    it doesn't matter what portal is, we know a portal can be made and they can pass trough, you are nittpicking
    It would also compeltely break the cycle of life and death.
    you know what also completely break the cycle of life and death? UNDEADS, forsaken, death knights, and they are were, you want more examples? we in the shadowlands, living being in the realm of death

so please, don't
    'Oh you died and went to the Shadowlands? No worries, just pass through this portal and BHAM you're back in the world you uised to live in'.
    you are assuming they were from azeroth, they could be from countless of other worlds, even so, who cares? undeads and death knights also got a second chance, if they want that, and are allowed by the arbiter or whatever entity why they would not?