10+ Year Old Account

Question Question about removed spells

Hello again all, been a minute since I posted here, but I have another question about the game that I am hoping can get a civil answer....
    I have not renewed my subscription this time around, but before it ran out I noticed something when trying to level my alt, a Protection Paladin. There used to be a spell called Light of the Paladin, that was a very crucial self heal spell, but it was removed in a previous patch for some reason.
    At first I thought it was an Azerite power, which would have made some sense I suppose, but it was a normal prot ally spell that was just removed completely without any suitable replacement.
    Self heals are a very important part of any tanking class character, and to just take a major one ot of the game does not seem to be adding anything whatsoever to gameplay balance / mechanics, so I cannot get it.
    Can anyone offer an explanation of why this spell was so damaging to gameplay that it needed to be patched out completely, and not even just nerfed??
    If not, can someone provide me a reasonable replacement to use as an instant self heal??
    Thanks in advance!!

first check if it wasn't renamed, baked into another spell, if it's still in the spellbook, etc.

second, tank self sustain is one of those things that gets the nerfbat every other expansion so yeah might just have been removed.

Light of the Protector was rolled into/replaced by Word of Glory
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Light of the Protector was rolled into/replaced by Word of Glory
    This is what I was looking for. I forgot the name of that spell.

As someone already posted, it was merged into Word of Glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Word of Glory??
    Thanks all, I will check that out, when I get back in there!!