Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Kyrian maybe, but Venthyr and Sylvar are the most boring options IMO. When can we have our playable gargoyles and centaur folk? Heck, I'm still waiting on those playable Naga characters!

Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    Well, since the mortal races are crossing over into the realms of death (See SL story) it pretty much becomes their problem.
    Gosh, that sound so sad... kill us already. We're infecting everything we touch with our pitty squabble. I wish someone would just slap some sense into every one of us (including the SLP leaders).
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would play both of the OPs proposed races, easily. However, I doubt the likelihood of it.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i am all for sylvar and venthyr, but i don't think kyrians and the maldraxus people should be an alliance race

blue human is just too close to normal human and maldraxxian have weird fisionomy to pick the right one to be playable.

unless they add kyrians and ogres, which i would be ok with
    Kyrian, already, fit perfectly in the Alliance with their culture of justice and valor and their connections to Uther.

Male Maldraxxian Gladiators use the Ogre skeleton, with a different posture, while female Maldraxxian Gladiators use the female Kul Tiran skeleton. They fit, perfectly, in the Horde with their culture of war and glory and their connections to Draka.

I believe Ogres will be playable in the future. They are too integral to the identity of the Horde. The Mag'har brought with them the Stonemaul Ogres. They would, either, use the Kul Tiran skeletons, like Rexxar utilizes or the male Maldraaxian Gladiator which, uses the Ogre skeleton just with a different posture.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdalas View Post
    Kyrian maybe, but Venthyr and Sylvar are the most boring options IMO. When can we have our playable gargoyles and centaur folk? Heck, I'm still waiting on those playable Naga characters!
    I wouldn't say that. Having playable vampires and fauns is missing from the game.

Centuars, although extremely cool, are unlikely because of their 4 legs.

Gargoyles are unlikely, as well. But, having Venthyr as a playable race brings up the option of them turning into, or summoning, a Gargoyle through a racial trait.

Naga have been a prime candidate from the developers themselves. Chris Metzen wanted them to become playable, along with Goblins and Ogres. In vanilla WoW, they were planned to be playable but, were found to be challenging to implement.
    Sethrak could be a prototype to a playable serpent race.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I would play both of the OPs proposed races, easily. However, I doubt the likelihood of it.
    Actually, it's not so farfetched.
    You are helping their covenant and gaining reputation with them.
    They have a male and a female model, up-to-date textures and animations and some customization options.

Why would any self respecting denizen of the shadowlands fight for such fleeting organizations? Not to mention they already have duties ,that bind them to their respective realms, far more important than either Horde or Alliance.

There is a lot of Allied Race bait in Shadowlands, I sure hope we see some action or at least some news on it soon-ish. As for who goes where the color schemes pretty much give a giant floating neon sigh for Bastion/Ardenweald going Ally while Maldraxus/Revendreth going Horde. But personally I hope they take a leaf out of the pandaren book and make them neutral that make a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Youll get stewards and dredgers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Why would any self respecting denizen of the shadowlands fight for such fleeting organizations? Not to mention they already have duties ,that bind them to their respective realms, far more important than either Horde or Alliance.
    Same as with BFA allied races. You helped them out, they are in your debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Youll get stewards and dredgers.
    As racial traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Same as with BFA allied races. You helped them out, they are in your debt.
    That debt can be easily repaid when it actually matters, after the heroes have died and they get a fitting position in the afterlife for eternity. No need to serve organizations that have existed for a few decades, who they owe nothing to.

These debts are personal and not faction bound.

For the argument, how would the shadowlands races sustain themselves on Azeroth with no anima resources, they could do some weird mumbo jumbo voodoo hoodoo type deal where each soul crossing over to Azeroth maintains a connection with a soul in the Shadowlands via a beefed up Soulbind type deal, providing them with a background anima/shadowlands feed whilst they are bopping about in Azeroth.

IF and I underline IF they add 4 more races the more obvious choice is to add them as neutral. With the allied races they have already done an effort to minimise differences between the two factions with void elves and night borne, and they also added a furry class to the horde.
    In terms of lore they should be not added as they belong to a different plane but if they want to add they will find a way. A possible end is Sylvanas killing the jailer and reforging the shadowland where she will be the queen of the afterlife giving the option to the different races of the shadowlands to live on Azeroth. At that point it will make sense that each shadowland inhabitant may decide where to live and which faction join.

7+ Year Old Account
    While there are some cool races in SL, I wouldn't like creatures from the Shadowlands to join the Alliance or Horde
    Just sounds weird (Also if we get something from Revenreth I'd prefer the Stoneborn)

There are other races I'd rather get:

Satyr
    Naga
    Ogre
    Vrykul
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

That debt can be easily repaid when it actually matters, after the heroes have died and they get a fitting position in the afterlife for eternity. No need to serve organizations that have existed for a few decades, who they owe nothing to.

These debts are personal and not faction bound.
    You can say that about all the allied races in BFA. They were aided by only one character (the player).

The Shadowlands covenants do not choose where you go in death, the Arbiter does. So, they can't help you with that in the afterlife.

Giving a special treatment to a soul that helped you goes against their purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    For the argument, how would the shadowlands races sustain themselves on Azeroth with no anima resources, they could do some weird mumbo jumbo voodoo hoodoo type deal where each soul crossing over to Azeroth maintains a connection with a soul in the Shadowlands via a beefed up Soulbind type deal, providing them with a background anima/shadowlands feed whilst they are bopping about in Azeroth.
    I believe only the Venthyr rely on anima for sustenance, like the vampire they are.
    Kyrians use it for their constructs, Sylvar use it for their groves and wildseeds, and Necrolords use it for their constructs, as well, i think.

The point is: they are not the only dead races among us. There are thr Forsaken, who rely on human flesh by using Cannibalize, and we have Death Knights who have an eternal hunger to inflict pain and suffering, that even overrides magical addiction, but you don't doing that 24/7 to remain sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    While there are some cool races in SL, I wouldn't like creatures from the Shadowlands to join the Alliance or Horde
    Just sounds weird (Also if we get something from Revenreth I'd prefer the Stoneborn)

There are other races I'd rather get:

Satyr
    Naga
    Ogre
    Vrykul
    3 out of that 4 are viable. Satyrs would be fulfilled by the Sylvar, which are Fauns. Fauns are the roman version of the greek Satyr.

It makes no sense for covenant races to join factions in azeroth.

Allied races cannot come from there.

7+ Year Old Account

3 out of that 4 are viable. Satyrs would be fulfilled by the Sylvar, which are Fauns. Fauns are the roman version of the greek Satyr.
    But Fauns look terrible and terribly out of place
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

You can say that about all the allied races in BFA. They were aided by only one character (the player).
    Pretty much all of them had more than the hero helping them

The Shadowlands covenants do not choose where you go in death, the Arbiter does. So, they can't help you with that in the afterlife.

Giving a special treatment to a soul that helped you goes against their purpose.

Leaving the shadowlands does not go against the purpose.... yeah right.

They all have their duties explicitly in the shadowlands, except for maldraxxus and Bastion, the latter which just ferries souls and do not interfere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Leaving the shadowlands does not go against the purpose.... yeah right.
    I wouldn't put it past Blizzard for them to come up with some BS like the attendants in Oribos going like "ayyy, the mortals coming here must be part of the purpose so we must help them now"

I was thinking Kyrian for alliance and Venthyr for horde tbh. Even though I like Venthyr more, Kyrian with the ability to fly would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Beings from another plane of existence should not join the mortal factions. It's as if angels were real in our world and they would suddenly join the American army to participate in some petty squabble with another country. Why?
    I love how people are still trying to make all these rules for WoW :b

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop this.
    Denizens born of the Shadowlands have no place on the mortal plane just as we have no place in their plane.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water