Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post

And there are hints towards their playability:
    With those videos being all the way in Alpha, They don't really hold any truth any longer. Especially since Blizzard hasn't told us anything. Renown is like reputation. Sure, you could be working with them all expansion, but we didn't exactly see that with the AR in BFA or better yet, the ones in Legions tail end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

Or like this kind of datamining?
    To be honest they are doing a terrible job at hiding the fact that the Covenant Races are planned as Allied Races with what they've leaked out so far.
    Dont really think they are planning to use them. While I can make up a story on the spot for it, you also need for them to do that and for them to create a reason for the races of that realm to suddenly want to not only go to the mortal world, but to side with 1 faction and fight on that factions behalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    With those videos being all the way in Alpha, They don't really hold any truth any longer. Especially since Blizzard hasn't told us anything. Renown is like reputation. Sure, you could be working with them all expansion, but we didn't exactly see that with the AR in BFA or better yet, the ones in Legions tail end.
    You're the one to use Vulpera datamining as a proof of their future playability. So, this would apply to the Shadowlands races, as well.

By the way, Blizzard said this about them:

“As we mentioned when race information for Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves was datamined during the development of patch 7.3, we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races. Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future!

And they ended up being playable.

They don't need to tell us anything.
    The four Legion allied races were a surprise at patch 7.3.5.
    Though, they teased Dark Iron in the gameplay trailer of BfA, the Mag'har were less obvious.
    Only Kul Tirans and Zandalari Trolls were officially announced.
    Even Mechagnomes and Vulpera were nothing but, speculations.
    So, don't expect them to announce anything regarding them.

Exactly.
    If renown is like reputation, then it works, exactly, like BfA allied races recruitment.

Of course we did see it with the BfA and Legion races:

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean why do we need another race? People mostly play various types of Elves or Humans in WoW anyways. All the other races (including the new allied ones) are so rare that they are almost niche.

There are 10 times more Blood Elves than all the other horde races combined. And most alliance are either NE or VE or Humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Why would a member of a race from the Shadowlands care to join a faction from Azeroth?
    To them we are just one of countless worlds whose souls come to Shadowlands.

To go from handling souls of all beings in the universe to collecting azerothian bear asses makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    the only race left to ponder are pandaren - but they don't need any allied races really

- - - Updated - - -

kyrian woudl not fit because they can fly

- - - Updated - - -

and maldraxxian human can basically be role-played via a kul'tiran in a bony armor set
    Aspirants- and since pvp priests can get that stupid thing to go up in the air, they could have a similar racial

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Why would a member of a race from the Shadowlands care to join a faction from Azeroth?

To go from handling souls of all beings in the universe to collecting azerothian bear asses makes no sense.
    But where do the Murlocs go??? I didnt see any Murloc souls in SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    But where do the Murlocs go??? I didnt see any Murloc souls in SL.
    Look into those cold eyes.
    There are no souls in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    I mean why do we need another race? People mostly play various types of Elves or Humans in WoW anyways. All the other races (including the new allied ones) are so rare that they are almost niche.

There are 10 times more Blood Elves than all the other horde races combined. And most alliance are either NE or VE or Humans.
    Because you can't play a vampire, faun, angel and gladiator, yet.

Because you're helping their covenant.
    Why would Orcs from another reality, suddenly, collect bear asses?
    Why would aliens from space, who's all purpose is to fight an army of demons, do it?

Not everything has to be an allied race. Not to mention there needs to be a real reason why the covenants would turn their backs on a maw walker who helped them out so much. You want to talk about bad writing, THAT would be bad writing.

And Tyrande can't go emo for the Winter Queen and Smurfs aren't a threat to the Sunwell.

Oh, and yeah... THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT EVEN ALIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Not everything has to be an allied race. Not to mention there needs to be a real reason why the covenants would turn their backs on a maw walker who helped them out so much. You want to talk about bad writing, THAT would be bad writing.

And Tyrande can't go emo for the Winter Queen and Smurfs aren't a threat to the Sunwell.

Oh, and yeah... THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT EVEN ALIVE.
    I'm confused

On one hand, you say not everything should be and allied race, and that they are dead.

On the other hand, you say they wouldn't turn their back on the Maw Walker, who helped them.

Are you in favor, or against them?

And why wouldn't they be willing to join the Horde or the Alliance? Up from this point, I don't see how anything isn't possible in WoW from a lore POV. Blizzard writers could find any excuse they want to make them join us and make them playable. We don't really know what would happen if they reach the "living realm", so they could invent whatever excuse they want for all these beings to be able to get to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I'm confused

On one hand, you say not everything should be and allied race, and that they are dead.

On the other hand, you say they wouldn't turn their back on the Maw Walker, who helped them.

Are you in favor, or against them?
    Against them. My entire post is why they would not work story wise as well.

As for the "turning back" comment, the Covenants would have to turn their backs on the Maw Walker who helped them. If I'm Horde and I choose Nightfae, they would have to turn their backs on me in order to join the Alliance and vice versa for the Necrolords to join the Horde if that's what an Alliance player chooses. And we don't have convenient story arcs to lead them away already in place nor can they really pull any plausible ones out of their rears.

People will cite the Nightbourne/LF Draenei as examples of ones both factions helped yet sided with one. But Tyrande made it clear the former were not welcome because she still cannot get over Azshara and the Well of Eternity incident. And the LF Draenei naturally would want to be with their own people. Same for the Mechagnomes. As for the Void Elves, they were banished because their connection to the Void is a direct threat to the Sunwell and, coupled with Alleria being their defacto leader, the Alliance makes the logical place for them to join.

Against them. My entire post is why they would not work story wise as well.

As for the "turning back" comment, the Covenants would have to turn their backs on the Maw Walker who helped them. If I'm Horde and I choose Nightfae, they would have to turn their backs on me in order to join the Alliance and vice versa for the Necrolords to join the Horde if that's what an Alliance player chooses. And we don't have convenient story arcs to lead them away already in place nor can they really pull any plausible ones out of their rears.

People will cite the Nightbourne/LF Draenei as examples of ones both factions helped yet sided with one. But Tyrande made it clear the former were not welcome because she still cannot get over Azshara and the Well of Eternity incident. And the LF Draenei naturally would want to be with their own people. Same for the Mechagnomes. As for the Void Elves, they were banished because their connection to the Void is a direct threat to the Sunwell and, coupled with Alleria being their defacto leader, the Alliance makes the logical place for them to join.
    You, basically, answered yourself.

Like the BfA allied races, they would join whatever faction they have most in common with.

Venthy being in the Horde would finally round out the Vampire vs. Werewolf trope with the Worgen in the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    You, basically, answered yourself.

Like the BfA allied races, they would join whatever faction they have most in common with.
    I guess you didn't actually read my post. What race on Azeroth are the Kyrian? The Nightfae? The Venthyr? Survery says... NONE.

You'd prefer shitty writing to create fake arcs that don't fit any narrative? "Well Mr. Orc, you saved us from Devos and the Foresworn. You also saved us from The Jailer. THanks. But screw you, we're siding with the Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    Worgen and Undead don't have allied race counterparts yet. These 2 fit perfectly

Slyvar: Satyr-like bestial humanoid like worgen,stands upright, has connections with night elves and worgen
    because of similar beliefs. Has horns and hooves like draenei. Looks badass. Furry. From Ardenweald.

Venthyr: First true vampire race. Finally vampire vs. werewolf trope can be a thing in WoW with worgen vs venthyr.
    Upright undead. Looks badass. From Revendreth.
    How would that work lore wise? They are denizen of SL. Are they even a race? How would they exist in Azeroth? They are technically dead. So are now undead, risen?

Yeah, I know we are in SL despite being mortal. But in a game with talking cows, space-faring pan-dimension goats, steam punk, time travel, etc. it would be interesting to see how Blizzard would attempt to fit them into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It makes no sense for covenant races to join factions in azeroth.

Allied races cannot come from there.
    Please cite your source because the Spirit Healers are from the Shadowlands and have been from the start.

Oh, and something about Dreadlords being made by Denathrius. Oh, and Wild Gods going back and forth. Oh, and obviously the Scourge being based on Maldraxxus.

Get where this is going?

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine that near the end of the expansion, there will be an event where the Arbiter will change how things are done,
    and allow souls to chose their destiny when they die as opposed to just getting auto-sent to locations.

As such, this means that the soul denizens of The Shadowlands are given the choice to enter the mortal world and chose
    a destiny for themselves. Sort of like a 2nd chance.

Hence the Allied Races.

I guess you didn't actually read my post. What race on Azeroth are the Kyrian? The Nightfae? The Venthyr? Survery says... NONE.

You'd prefer shitty writing to create fake arcs that don't fit any narrative? "Well Mr. Orc, you saved us from Devos and the Foresworn. You also saved us from The Jailer. THanks. But screw you, we're siding with the Alliance"
    1. Kyrians are angelic beings, mostly represented by the Human Paladins and Priests.

2. The Venthyr are vampiric creatures, like the San'layn, which were offered induction into the Horde by Sylvanas.

3. Fauns are woodlands creatures, like the Dryad and Keepers of the Grove - friends of the Night elves.

4. Maldraxxus Gladiators are a combination of Forsaken and Orcish aesthetics. On one hand, you've got the Scourge aesthetics, which are present in Forsaken lands. On the other hand, you've got the war and glory aspects, which are valued by the Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    How would that work lore wise? They are denizen of SL. Are they even a race? How would they exist in Azeroth? They are technically dead. So are now undead, risen?

Yeah, I know we are in SL despite being mortal. But in a game with talking cows, space-faring pan-dimension goats, steam punk, time travel, etc. it would be interesting to see how Blizzard would attempt to fit them into the game.
    Well, so are the Spirit Healers and Scourge undead, which are present in our reality.

They are a race of their own. They have their own physique and names to distinguish them.

Like how the Forsaken and Death Knights exist on Azeroth, despite being undead.

Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    1. Kyrians are angelic beings, mostly represented by the Human Paladins and Priests.
    Kyrians have nothing to do with the light. You get confused with real life religion here.

2. The Venthyr are vampiric creatures, like the San'layn, which were offered induction into the Horde by Sylvanas.
    They are not a part of the Horde. They were a part of Sylvanas' forces, loyal to her. She's gone, so are they.

3. Fauns are woodlands creatures, like the Dryad and Keepers of the Grove - friends of the Night elves.
    That makes the most sense.
    4. Maldraxxus Gladiators are a combination of Forsaken and Orcish aesthetics. On one hand, you've got the Scourge aesthetics, which are present in Forsaken lands. On the other hand, you've got the war and glory aspects, which are valued by the Orcs.
    Also makes sense, but their behavior would not be accepted in the post 4th war Horde, except we get another 180 that makes the Horde the bad guys again. The warrior part maybe fits, but not the necromancy.