Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TragedyAnn View Post
    I think - all logical arguments why they shouldn't be playable aside (and I fully acknowledge there are many logical arguments) - "Rule of cool" is always going to trump everything, and it would ultimately be cool for them to be playable. Thus if Blizzard wills it - They will contrive whatever story is necessary to make it fit. Whether it sores the butts of nitpicky lore buffs or not (and I count myself a nitpicky lore buff - for the record). It made all the sense in the world from a lore perspective for Gilgoblins to join the horde alongside Mechagnomes joining the alliance - But we got Vulpera instead... because they were cooler. Thus endeth the thought process.

COULD it happen? Absolutely.
    Don't forget though that the same people who were lobbying for vulpera were also lobbying for sethrak and they never got that race. Mechagnomes aren't as popular so this notion that vulpera were picked for being popular isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    These 2 fit perfectly

Slyvar: Satyr-like bestial humanoid like worgen,stands upright, has connections with night elves and worgen
    because of similar beliefs. Has horns and hooves like draenei. Looks badass. Furry. From Ardenweald.

Venthyr: First true vampire race. Finally vampire vs. werewolf trope can be a thing in WoW with worgen vs venthyr.
    Upright undead. Looks badass. From Revendreth.

blue human Kyrian and Maldraxxus dead human are not nearly as interesting as these two races above.
    Also Ardenweald fairies can technically fly, whereas no other race can at the moment so they're out.
    No they look really crap dude, both Sylvar and Venthyr look super bad, ain't no way I am playing any of that. In fact, Kyrian and fairie Night Fae would look x1000 times better. Can you imagine x2 races that can fly, like Kyrian and Night fae fairies? It would be darn cool. In zones where flying is not available, they could glide. Problem solved. But anyway not wanting to offend or ruin it for you but Venthyr and Sylvar just look bad. Sylvar are the hairy, ugly version of Draenei, and Venthyr almost look like ugly tall zombies to me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleann View Post
    No they look really crap dude, both Sylvar and Venthyr look super bad, ain't no way I am playing any of that. In fact, Kyrian and fairie Night Fae would look x1000 times better. Can you imagine x2 races that can fly, like Kyrian and Night fae fairies? It would be darn cool. In zones where flying is not available, they could glide. Problem solved. But anyway not wanting to offend or ruin it for you but Venthyr and Sylvar just look bad. Sylvar are the hairy, ugly version of Draenei, and Venthyr almost look like ugly tall zombies to me.
    Opinions are opinions.

I dont like the night fea for example or necrolords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    They aren't dead, or undead. The Shadowlands are where mortal souls go when they die but its a living breathing realm full of life, as per Odyn book.

There's several references to Kyrian and Night Fae talking about visiting our world someday.

The Nathrezim are natives to the Shadowlands and they have been mucking around in reality for thousands of years.

The Mawsworn were part of the Scourge invasion of Azeroth.

So you couldn't be more wrong dude. Ironic calling someone clueless when its you that's clueless. Do people like you even play the game or did you get all your lore from the Blizzcon reveal trailer and call it a day.
    Good points man. Forgot the mawsworn were actually in azeroth when picking up anduin. That alone makes the argument "they cant leave" already pointless.

I vote yes! That is if the racials are good as my Zandalari troll warrior uses hers all the time and so does my foxy hunter - if BFA had a solid win it was the allied races!!

Oh god, the devs have opened pandoras box with allied races. Venthyr looks so much better and unique than Sylvar to begin with, and of course horde would get the cooler Venthyr, alliance would get yet another draenei reskin. Great. Pfff.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-02-13 at 05:42 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    Worgen and Undead don't have allied race counterparts yet. These 2 fit perfectly

Slyvar: Satyr-like bestial humanoid like worgen,stands upright, has connections with night elves and worgen
    because of similar beliefs. Has horns and hooves like draenei. Looks badass. Furry. From Ardenweald.

Venthyr: First true vampire race. Finally vampire vs. werewolf trope can be a thing in WoW with worgen vs venthyr.
    Upright undead. Looks badass. From Revendreth.

blue human Kyrian and Maldraxxus dead human are not nearly as interesting as these two races above.
    Also Ardenweald fairies can technically fly, whereas no other race can at the moment so they're out.
    Doing an alt run Thread of Fate in Ardenweald and i am still in love with the Sylvar. Really hope they will become an allied race.

About the Venthyr, they fit the horde so much in my opinion:
    1) The San'layn wanted to join the horde, Venthys fit also in their place
    2) Finally a vampire vs werewolve thing in wow

I still say that all shadowlands unique races are off limits and can't come to the world of the living. They have a duty. One individual or another maybe, but not the whole faction.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-27 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Doing an alt run Thread of Fate in Ardenweald and i am still in love with the Sylvar. Really hope they will become an allied race.

About the Venthyr, they fit the horde so much in my opinion:
    1) The San'layn wanted to join the horde, Venthys fit also in their place
    2) Finally a vampire vs werewolve thing in wow
    The San'layn wanted to join Sylvanas. They didn't give a shit about the Horde overall.

7+ Year Old Account
    There has never been a race I've wanted to be playable MORE than the Venthyr. I would race-change my main in a second!

The only races I can see playable from SL are Sylvar and Venthyr. The only way i can see Kyrian being playable if Blizz make the younger male and female models into young human option for Human.

And for the 3rd and 4th races, if you want another race that use Worgon's animations then Saberon is the purrfect pick. And the Vrykul would be fit in the Horde better then with the Alliance. They're Vikings that don't care for order or justice, just fighting and drinking.

So my picks...
    Alliance: Sylvar and Saberon
    Horde: Venthyr and Vrykul
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

Kyrian, Sylvar, Venthyr and Maldraxxi are going to be Alliance allied races for sure, for the 10.x pre-patch.

A race change costs $25USD, nearly half the price of an entire new expansion. The profit margin and return on investment from introducing new Allied Races has to be insane.

The only reason they wouldn't add covenant allied races is if they suddenly hated money.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I still say that all shadowlands unique races are off limits and can't come to the world of the living. They have a duty. One individual or another maybe, but not the whole faction.
    Enough to make them playable. There are still others who can stay behind and fulfill their duty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The San'layn wanted to join Sylvanas. They didn't give a shit about the Horde overall.
    Sylvanas was recruiting for the Horde back then.
    They were considered Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    The only races I can see playable from SL are Sylvar and Venthyr. The only way i can see Kyrian being playable if Blizz make the younger male and female models into young human option for Human.

And for the 3rd and 4th races, if you want another race that use Worgon's animations then Saberon is the purrfect pick. And the Vrykul would be fit in the Horde better then with the Alliance. They're Vikings that don't care for order or justice, just fighting and drinking.

So my picks...
    Kyrian use a different skeleton than Humans. And the wingless ones are most likely to become playable (with blue and purple variants, i suspect).

As for the Vrykul, they resemble the Dwarves a lot, who are part of the Alliance. So, fighting and drinking is not more part of the Horde than the Alliance. If you're looking for a giant race in the Horde, look no further than the Ogres.

Plus, you forgot the Maldraxxus Gladiators.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more interested in angelic beings rather than draenei with satyr horns (although they ain't bad), but it's a pity because they have one face and one hairstyle per sex. Now that Forsworn have joined the normal Kyrians, there'd be more variety with normal and dark angel options, but the lack of the aforementioned customizations kinda kills the concept. Vulpera had a lot of different faces and colors even during beta.

None of these races have their models suitable for player characters, so if we are getting anything it will be the Nightborne treatment where it kinda looks like the original NPCs we wanted, but they are horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post

So my picks...
    Venthyr don't look like they are done with playability on mind. If they make them playable, they'd need to make a new model, like they did with Nightborne.
    I find Maldraxxi and Kyrian much easier do adapt.

And I would switch Saberon and Vrykul for several reasons:
    - Saberon on Horde makes more sense. They already have connections with the Mag'har. They're visually too close to Worgen. They don't fit thematically in the Alliance.
    - Vrykul make no sense in the Horde. Their ties are with the human and the dwarves. Horde already have the ogres to fill the "giant race" niche.

The only reason they wouldn't add covenant allied races is if they suddenly hated money.
    yep races are added only for money, thats why most popular and requested races were added - high elfs, ogres... oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    - Vrykul make no sense in the Horde. Their ties are with the human and the dwarves. Horde already have the ogres to fill the "giant race" niche.
    well, lorewise sure vrykul have ties with human - they KILLED THEM
    humans are "degenerated" vrykul who would be killed unless they parents took them away and hid them if i remember the lore correctly
    so not sure how they would make sense in alliance...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yep races are added only for money, thats why most popular and requested races were added - high elfs, ogres... oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

well, lorewise sure vrykul have ties with human - they KILLED THEM
    humans are "degenerated" vrykul who would be killed unless they parents took them away and hid them if i remember the lore correctly
    so not sure how they would make sense in alliance...
    Ogres won't fit through doors, so literally blocked by the world geometry itself, and will end up being played less than Mechagnomes. The Maldraxxi Gladiators will be what the Horde gets instead of Ogres. Using the Kul Tiran geometry as a base, just like what they did with Rexxars new model.

High Elves are already in.
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-09-28 at 03:04 PM.

Ogres won't fit through doors, so literally blocked by the world geometry itself
    so they consider other things, not only money? hmmm where did i see that... oh right, in my comment you reacted to...
    i know i know, i didnt write it literaly so not everybody will understand it...

High Elves are already in.
    they are not, personaly i dont care but despite belfs and voidelfs customization high elfs are still very popular request and would make shitload of money...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    they are not, personaly i dont care but despite belfs and voidelfs customization high elfs are still very popular request and would make shitload of money...
    The void elves are quite literally high elves in everything but name on PTR, with unique racials so they're not just a complete copypaste of blood elves. You aren't even forced to pick between tentacle or non-tentacle hairstyles anymore. That high elves remain a popular request is why void elves got expanded skin, eye, and hair color customization and why none of the hairstyles have forced tentacles anymore.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

5+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday I was in Ardenweald and I noticed that souls who enter this plane can be guided on a path of rebirth. That means they can be alive again. Is there such option for Kyrians or other covenants?