Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    There has never been a race I've wanted to be playable MORE than the Venthyr. I would race-change my main in a second!
    My Etsy "cashing!" notification sound popped up as I finished reading this and I never felt so much like a Blizzard CEO before.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I'd be more interested in angelic beings rather than draenei with satyr horns (although they ain't bad), but it's a pity because they have one face and one hairstyle per sex. Now that Forsworn have joined the normal Kyrians, there'd be more variety with normal and dark angel options, but the lack of the aforementioned customizations kinda kills the concept.
    That would be added later on.
    Kul Tirans had something like 2 faces and 4 hairstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    None of these races have their models suitable for player characters, so if we are getting anything it will be the Nightborne treatment where it kinda looks like the original NPCs we wanted, but they are horrible.
    No race is suitable until made so.
    They use pre-existing skeletons. Some have unique animations. They all have male and female counterparts and some customization options.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so not sure how they would make sense in alliance...
    Their culture resembles that of Dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Ogres won't fit through doors, so literally blocked by the world geometry itself, and will end up being played less than Mechagnomes. The Maldraxxi Gladiators will be what the Horde gets instead of Ogres. Using the Kul Tiran geometry as a base, just like what they did with Rexxars new model.
    Does Rexxar fit through doors? do Kul Tirans? Maldraxxus Gladiators? then, so would Ogres.

The female might use the Kul Tiran skeleton. The males use the Ogre skeleton with a different posture - making it more likely for Ogres to become playable in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Enough to make them playable. There are still others who can stay behind and fulfill their duty.
    Well... we don't know that. But, then tell me. Why should they want to join the Alliance and horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Well... we don't know that. But, then tell me. Why should they want to join the Alliance and horde?
    1. We helped their covenants and saved the Shadowlands from the Jailer.
    2. Similarities - Kyrian and Sylvar resemble Humans and Night elves in culture, while Venthyr and Necrolords resemble Blood elves and Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yesterday I was in Ardenweald and I noticed that souls who enter this plane can be guided on a path of rebirth. That means they can be alive again. Is there such option for Kyrians or other covenants?
    Not that we know of. It seems like a special thing only for those more atunned with Life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well, lorewise sure vrykul have ties with human - they KILLED THEM
    humans are "degenerated" vrykul who would be killed unless they parents took them away and hid them if i remember the lore correctly
    so not sure how they would make sense in alliance...
    And trolls and high elves used to kill each other, and you have both together on the Horde.

The thing is that they culturally closer to human and dwarves than anything on the Horde.
    The also are a good contrast to the more civilized races of the Alliance, and can help to create some natural tension inside the faction.

If you add it to the Horde you just have an orc with a big human body.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    The only races I can see playable from SL are Sylvar and Venthyr. The only way i can see Kyrian being playable if Blizz make the younger male and female models into young human option for Human.

And for the 3rd and 4th races, if you want another race that use Worgon's animations then Saberon is the purrfect pick. And the Vrykul would be fit in the Horde better then with the Alliance. They're Vikings that don't care for order or justice, just fighting and drinking.

So my picks...
    Alliance: Sylvar and Saberon
    Horde: Venthyr and Vrykul
    I am on that train..my man Venthyr and Vrykul on horde would be my dream honestly! so I will be biased and say this idea is perfect!

Personal wish has been Vrykul for years, I don't care about your shit argument about doors anymore or that they are just humans. Their model is completely unique and looks nothing like human playable model. Even if it was, hm, lf etc all say hi. Bfa lore with Vrykuls enhanced it for me and we saw several clans including the one who are now sort of friends. Their brutish nature in general quite fits the horde and being outcasts suits them as well.

I also think Saberon is actually a cool option, but some will argue it's the worgen model and should be an option for the horde. I don't care honestly, doesn't matter for me. but, an alternative maybe would be High or low Arakoa. Or maybe even those walrus people.
    Sylvar seems okey, but I imagine most people will vote for Kyrians anyway.

On a fair note, all of them can easily be explained and none of them seems lorebending or what ever. We had kyrians even talk about visiting Azeroh, so it wouldn't be farfetched for other covenants, but it would need to be pulled off really well in order to make it good.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-28 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    And trolls and high elves used to kill each other, and you have both together on the Horde.
    AMANI and high elfs used to kill each other and they still do

The thing is that they culturally closer to human and dwarves than anything on the Horde.
    eh... kinda barbaric culture valuing honor and skill on battlefield, revering dead ancestors, kinda seem close enough to orcs...

The also are a good contrast to the more civilized races of the Alliance, and can help to create some natural tension inside the faction.
    oh im not saying they wouldnt be good adition to alliance, just that lorewise it seems to make more sense to be against aliance than part of it

1. We helped their covenants and saved the Shadowlands from the Jailer.
    2. Similarities - Kyrian and Sylvar resemble Humans and Night elves in culture, while Venthyr and Necrolords resemble Blood elves and Orcs.
    Erm... i believe the Ebon blade and the champions of Azeroth helped the covenants. There is no alliance and horde in the shadowlands.

I mean... blood elves and void elves look alike. Night elves and Nightborne look alike. Physical appearance isn't really a reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sylvar? Uh no, no more furry stuff plz...

Erm... i believe the Ebon blade and the champions of Azeroth helped the covenants. There is no alliance and horde in the shadowlands.
    We belong to a faction, if we like it or not.

I mean... blood elves and void elves look alike. Night elves and Nightborne look alike. Physical appearance isn't really a reason.
    Not physically. Culturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Sylvar? Uh no, no more furry stuff plz...
    Too late. They already have a unique running animation.

We belong to a faction, if we like it or not.

Not physically. Culturally.

Too late. They already have a unique running animation.
    Ok, well... i think you are grasping at straws, but i don't want to dash your dream cause we never know. Doesn't make much sense to me, but good luck.

Ok, well... i think you are grasping at straws, but i don't want to dash your dream cause we never know. Doesn't make much sense to me, but good luck.
    These guys are being set up to become playable. Just look at their models.

at BBB

Yep, all of the ones you mentioned, plus:

Slyvar:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Druid
    Rogue
    -Mage
    -Priest
    -Death Knight

Venthyr:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Mage
    -Priest
    -Rogue
    -Death Knight
    Last edited by Yehaw; 2021-10-02 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehaw View Post
    at BBB

Yep, all of the ones you mentioned, plus:

Slyvar:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Druid
    Rogue
    -Mage
    -Priest
    -Death Knight

Venthyr:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Mage
    -Priest
    -Rogue
    -Death Knight
    I think it's more like this

Slyvar:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Paladin
    Druid
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Monk
    Death Knight

Venthyr:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Mage
    Rogue
    Monk
    Death Knight
    Demon Hunter (i...it's possible!)

and for my other choices...

Saberon:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Paladin (a lion saberon paladin would be FIRE!)
    Warlock
    Druid
    Shaman
    Rogue
    Monk ("White Tiger watch over me? I AM THE WHITE TIGER!!"
    Death Knight

Vrykul:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Paladin
    Priest
    Warlock
    Druid (there are some Vrykul druids)
    Shaman
    Monk
    Death Knight
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

I don't particulary care for sylvar or venthyr. I do want gargoyles on the Alliance :P

And saberon. Saberon forever for the Alliance (or neutral, but they have to be able to exist on the Alliance :P).

I just think they should bring the concept of non-affiliated races that can be in any faction. Having to divide them by faction always results in stupid situations.

Think about drakonid... I really do want them but how do you put them in a faction? The faction that gets dragons literally wins at Warcraft!
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Think about drakonid... I really do want them but how do you put them in a faction? The faction that gets dragons literally wins at Warcraft!
    I actually suggested a neutral Drakonid race (ala Pandaren) years back on these very forums.

That is my go to neutral race. Wanted to play one with that spear since 2004, when I first laid eyes upon it in Blackwing Lair.
    Last edited by Yehaw; 2021-10-02 at 09:24 PM.

This man gets it.

We don't need satyrs or vampiree, both are cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Respectfully; have you seen the running animation of the deer people?
    That's what makes them a candidate for playability. Why would you give a special running animation for an NPC-only creature?

That was the case with Vulpera's sleeping animation also, if i'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    And saberon. Saberon forever for the Alliance (or neutral, but they have to be able to exist on the Alliance :P).
    I think Saberon are more likely to go Horde, as of their tribal and savage society.

I think they are most likely to divide based on dragonflights.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehaw View Post
    I actually suggested a neutral Drakonid race (ala Pandaren) years back on these very forums.

That is my go to neutral race. Wanted to play one with that spear since 2004, when I first laid eyes upon it in Blackwing Lair.
    Well... Wrathion was found in the Alliance ambassy during BfA beta.
    And they did have a concept for a playable humanoid dragon race, called dragonman, during Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by willkaren View Post
    This man gets it.

We don't need satyrs or vampiree, both are cringe.
    How so?

This is a fantasy game with playable mythological creatures.

Well... Wrathion was found in the Alliance ambassy during BfA beta.
    And they did have a concept for a playable humanoid dragon race, called dragonman, during Cata.
    Really? So strange, Cataclysm was my favorite expansion because of 3 things: worgen-werewolves, elementals, and dragons
    I've never heard till now that they were planning on including dragonmen!
    The model that is in the game right now looks absolutely horrible, I hope those original desings leaned heavily on the aforementioned drakonids instead.

My 3 go to races: Sylvar (Alliance), Venthyr (Horde), Drakonid (Neutral)
    Yep, Warthion is in the Alliance embassy. He would needed to be moved elsewhere for this to work. Maybe to the wound in Silithus, or some other neutral place.

Quote Originally Posted by SocialJusticeFuryWarrioir View Post
    Really? So strange, Cataclysm was my favorite expansion because of 3 things: worgen-werewolves, elementals, and dragons
    I've never heard till now that they were planning on including dragonmen!
    The model that is in the game right now looks absolutely horrible, I hope those original desings leaned heavily on the aforementioned drakonids instead.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dra...an_concept.jpg

At BlizzCon 2010, it was mentioned in an offhand comment that something called a "dragonman" was based on unused concept art for a scrapped idea for a playable race. It may have been these dragonmen.

Actually, they are more likely to be based on the in-game Dragonmen than on Drakonids, since they use the playable Worgen skeleton.

My 3 go to races: Sylvar (Alliance), Venthyr (Horde), Drakonid (Neutral)
    Yep, Warthion is in the Alliance embassy. He would needed to be moved elsewhere for this to work. Maybe to the wound in Silithus, or some other neutral place.
    "Blizzard have considered making drakonid a playable race, with Tom Chilton stating in 2009 that "We always looked at those and said, oh that would be a pretty cool player race - it would be cool to play as one of those guys. There's not a lot there as far as, where did they come from and what are they? But they are in the world and it wouldn't be completely inconceivable that a player would end up being able to play that, and we could continue to expand on the depth of that race and that sort of race."