Thread: Was WM nerfed?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Was WM nerfed?

I heard it was nerfed to 10% to match horde but can't find any notes?

I've heard that as well.

Hopefully it's true. otherwise everyone would just faction change for the extra 20%, for faster lvling

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Damn its confirmed. The tooltip shows 30% but the buff is actually 10% now...

Bout time. Even as an alliance main, it was kind of stupid.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I've heard that as well.

Hopefully it's true. otherwise everyone would just faction change for the extra 20%, for faster lvling
    Nobody would. Literally nobody.
    Also 20% extra doesn't mean much if you spend that time dead.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Oceanic servers are ally dominated AND had 30% buff nearly all of bfa

Heard of entire horde guilds faction changing because at one point alliance racials gave them more performance or something like that.

So thought for sure speedrunners would want that extra xp

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Any link to the so-called confirmation? Cause it still says 30% for me (EU server).
    If that is true, i can at least level with wm off and not feel bad doing it.

3+ Year Old Account
    I've barely made contact with Horde while lvling through BFA all expansion, especially at the start, and I've been getting 25-30% buffs almost the entire time.

Oddly my lv 43 mage still has the 30% MW buff. They must have toggled something for lvl 50.

This is pretty dumb.

Except several top guilds world wide already had faction changed for that reason. And those are the WoW equivalent of “influencers”.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Oceanic servers are ally dominated AND had 30% buff nearly all of bfa
    Okay, so nobody would switch, because they are already ally. Also who cares about Oceanic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Heard of entire horde guilds faction changing because at one point alliance racials gave them more performance or something like that.

So thought for sure speedrunners would want that extra xp
    Okay, that's like 100 players and it matters for 6 hours. Then they level their mains for horde progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    I've barely made contact with Horde while lvling through BFA all expansion, especially at the start, and I've been getting 25-30% buffs almost the entire time.
    Well, Horde and Ally had mostly different zones to level in, so that might explain it. Also 25-30% was not active at the start, that came in a later patch.

So, as Alliance, why would i even want WM on now?

OK, this is dumb. The few that would actually faction change for a couple of hours savings are so few and far between it is statistically irrelevant. Secondly, if this is true, there are zero reasons to turn WM on and therefore will kill the system. Let's be honest, WM on is typically much more advantageous for Alliance because there are far fewer of them willing to get jumped by a roving gang, I don't see how driving off what few alliance that uses it will solve anything. If they changed this after they allowed the guilds to all change, that would be a pretty lame move as well.
    Last edited by Cyi; 2020-11-23 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Except several top guilds world wide already had faction changed for that reason. And those are the WoW equivalent of “influencers”.
    No they did not. Limit did once for one item and then went back to Horde. The % bonus is meaningless since your progress is capped.
    Also even if some guilds switch: nice! Would bring balance to the factions.

No they did not. Limit did once for one item and then went back to Horde. The % bonus is meaningless since your progress is capped.
    Also even if some guilds switch: nice! Would bring balance to the factions.
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...s-complicated/

I am glad you are so sure of yourself.

You are correct, but they mention many reasons, one simply being to try something new after 10 years of being horde and a coinciding discount to faction changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    You are correct, but they mention many reasons, one simply being to try something new after 10 years of being horde and a coinciding discount to faction changes.
    Sure. But it was part of the reason, and the other person said "literally no one".

Edit: I should add that I don't follow this type of gossip much, and I have no idea who Limit are.

Okay and what does that have to do with WM?