Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Having bad experience as a DH Havoc?

I was having problems with DH havoc for a while now. Let me put it straight. The DPS is shit, despite me having ilvl 200 and Rio 600 I still get declines for Mythic+ (got my rio from my key groups) for rated BG majority of the time they went me to go Tank. The only time I use Havoc is 2v2 and 3V3 + world quests.

Here's the good part, you don't need to change gear whlist going between DPS and Tank since;

Haste=Vers Havoc
    Haste => Vers Veng

Only probably difference is a legendary.

Overall I solved the bad experience with good experience going tank this season. People now inv me as a tank to rated BGs , Mythic+ (highest was 11 vs max 6 with havoc) and the other parts like 3v3 and world quests havoc.

Don't go the extra mile this season with Havoc, go Vengeance. Let's all pray blizzard will buff havoc soon.

the experience is shit because we're not fotm anymore, it's basically what every non-fotm class has to deal with. if i was a dk i'd have 1.1k minimum.
    i'm almost 1k as havoc

This is what happens when you only have two specs. If it sucks, you’re forced to tank.

Well even in BFA for pvp groups they wanted us veng it is just too good. But Haste >>>>Vers=crit>>>mastery for Havoc

yep, I'm forced into Tank too. Blizzard is pathetic (oh, sorry did I say that on a forum where the moderators kiss up to blizzard?!?!) sorry I kneel to NO person on this planet.

DH has TWO spec's and this company is IGNORING the issues underlining this class. BAD. How can these monkeys at this company ignore Havoc and grant TANK spec the insane heals it has and DPS it has as a Tank and literally DESTROY Havoc spec ? How ? HOW is this possible this class ONLY HAS TWO SPEC'S. WE DO NOT have a lot of options here...

And please stop calling us FOTM class, we're not. Statistics from last xPac showed we were the LEAST played class in the game.

You guys are expecting too much from Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Bohoo I cant top dps charts facerolling 5 buttons anymore, yeah some class will always be the worst and now it's DH's turn. Which is good because it is piss easy to play

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Bohoo I cant top dps charts facerolling 5 buttons anymore, yeah some class will always be the worst and now it's DH's turn. Which is good because it is piss easy to play
    That's simply not true, even with the simplest talents and certainly not playing momentum
    https://huntercalculator.firebaseapp.com/ classic hunter damage calculator

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipkonfig View Post
    yep, I'm forced into Tank too. Blizzard is pathetic (oh, sorry did I say that on a forum where the moderators kiss up to blizzard?!?!) sorry I kneel to NO person on this planet.

DH has TWO spec's and this company is IGNORING the issues underlining this class. BAD. How can these monkeys at this company ignore Havoc and grant TANK spec the insane heals it has and DPS it has as a Tank and literally DESTROY Havoc spec ? How ? HOW is this possible this class ONLY HAS TWO SPEC'S. WE DO NOT have a lot of options here...

And please stop calling us FOTM class, we're not. Statistics from last xPac showed we were the LEAST played class in the game.
    So cringe...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogfaroth View Post
    That's simply not true, even with the simplest talents and certainly not playing momentum
    It's still the most forgiving class for bad players, I think only BM hunter is easier. Super easy, I've played it for two tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by ipkonfig View Post
    One of the most childish posts I've read in this forum and I've been here for 10 years. Gj
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-01-01 at 09:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The simplistic nature of the spec though, has no bearing on whether it should or shouldnt be competitive. There are still very deeply seated issues with the class. It was the first class that was literally birthed in the borrowed power system (as we know it to be at least). The class was built from the ground up with those powers in mind. And that is the biggest problem: The identity of the spec is interminably tied to the borrowed power of that expansion now.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I was having problems with DH havoc for a while now. Let me put it straight. The DPS is shit, despite me having ilvl 200 and Rio 600 I still get declines for Mythic+ (got my rio from my key groups) for rated BG majority of the time they went me to go Tank. The only time I use Havoc is 2v2 and 3V3 + world quests.

Here's the good part, you don't need to change gear whlist going between DPS and Tank since;

Haste=Vers Havoc
    Haste => Vers Veng

Overall I solved the bad experience with good experience going tank this season. People now inv me as a tank to rated BGs , Mythic+ (highest was 11 vs max 6 with havoc) and the other parts like 3v3 and world quests havoc.

Don't go the extra mile this season with Havoc, go Vengeance. Let's all pray blizzard will buff havoc soon.
    600 Rio is low so that is one of the reasons too

id never invite a dps DH to my group. especially during a tyrannical week. single target dps is complete dogshit. their shit single target dps would postpone dungeon boss fights even longer then they already are. id pass on you as well. ive brought in 900-1000 io dps DH, every fight me as a prot paladin out dps their single target nearly everytime lol. your aoe is pretty good and prob the reason you even see high io DHs as they shine during fortified/teeming week.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    The simplistic nature of the spec though, has no bearing on whether it should or shouldnt be competitive. There are still very deeply seated issues with the class. It was the first class that was literally birthed in the borrowed power system (as we know it to be at least). The class was built from the ground up with those powers in mind. And that is the biggest problem: The identity of the spec is interminably tied to the borrowed power of that expansion now.
    Except it does. Why have other classes when you can press 4 buttons and do the same thing much more complexes do? fuck that, DHs should be bottom of the barrel dps or kept away from facerolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    Except it does. Why have other classes when you can press 4 buttons and do the same thing much more complexes do? fuck that, DHs should be bottom of the barrel dps or kept away from facerolling.
    I am not saying they shouldn't be balanced. I am saying that, given the circumstances of their creation... You can't entirely blame players who main the class wanting that class to remain competitive. What I am also saying is that, if blizzard wants to make it a proper class... They need to figure out how create a foundation for the class that is independent, and then build from there.

I am speaking as someone who mained a DH for 3/4 of Legion and all of BfA. One of the reasons I left the class was because I don't favor playing a class which has no depth outside of the borrowed systems that blizzard develops. It inevitably led to having a class which would suffer first, and then make others suffer later. This is not the way.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I am not saying they shouldn't be balanced. I am saying that, given the circumstances of their creation... You can't entirely blame players who main the class wanting that class to remain competitive. What I am also saying is that, if blizzard wants to make it a proper class... They need to figure out how create a foundation for the class that is independent, and then build from there.

I am speaking as someone who mained a DH for 3/4 of Legion and all of BfA. One of the reasons I left the class was because I don't favor playing a class which has no depth outside of the borrowed systems that blizzard develops. It inevitably led to having a class which would suffer first, and then make others suffer later. This is not the way.
    That is fair; my point is, the class can not remain competitive while being the simplest to play and having the best tools for literally every situation baked into fewer buttons, thus the nerf is warranted..

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    That is fair; my point is, the class can not remain competitive while being the simplest to play and having the best tools for literally every situation baked into fewer buttons, thus the nerf is warranted..
    nerf warranted?
    then every ranged should have their damage nerfed by 25%, easier classes like hunter,mage,shaman etc by 35%. until the easiest melee is above the easiest ranged by at least 10%. this is your logic and it's "warranted".
    druids are fun as fuck too, big toolkit. nerf those fuckers cause too many tools.
    dk has amz, what does it need damage for? nerf that fucker down
    rogue has evasion, cloak, feint, vanish, stun stun blind sap poison slow. too much utility, make it only deal CC.
    plus countless other examples.
    this nerf has affected me personally only for m+ cause i always pug and nobody wants a low ST dps esp on tyranical.
    the current meta enforces range so heavily i don't know what blizzard smoked.
    ranges have aoe dmg, ST dmg, CC...plus as i've said before only 1-2 dungeons are interrupt heavy where melee is usefull.

affixes are worse on melee, damage is worse on melee, you fail more in melee thus forcing healer to make harder decisions sometimes.
    was all this warranted? i fail to see it. if i'd be a healer/tank i'd only take the ocassional sub rogue/venthyr unholy/ww monk.
    rest are worse than mouthbreathers.

i fail to see how this ranged meta was warranted in m+ or how amz has any place being on a DPS.

they unprunned some classes but havoc at least got fucked. we're (havocs) the boomkins of BFA where you'd bring one for trees on fortified, we get invited if perfect score on fortified weeks for DPS. (easily replaceable with a class from above but people are sticlers for rio, thank god)

this is the impression i've currently formed on SL as a mostly solo player.
    this is also not a cry for buff havoc, some classes have to be weaker than others.
    it sucks but it is what it is. i will keep trying stats/builds till i get closer to the fotmers at least in aoe
    don't even get me started on pvp.
    Last edited by unlockedz; 2021-01-04 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unlockedz View Post
    nerf warranted?
    then every ranged should have their damage nerfed by 25%, easier classes like hunter,mage,shaman etc by 35%. until the easiest melee is above the easiest ranged by at least 10%. this is your logic and it's "warranted".
    druids are fun as fuck too, big toolkit. nerf those fuckers cause too many tools.
    dk has amz, what does it need damage for? nerf that fucker down
    rogue has evasion, cloak, feint, vanish, stun stun blind sap poison slow. too much utility, make it only deal CC.
    plus countless other examples.
    this nerf has affected me personally only for m+ cause i always pug and nobody wants a low ST dps esp on tyranical.
    the current meta enforces range so heavily i don't know what blizzard smoked.
    ranges have aoe dmg, ST dmg, CC...plus as i've said before only 1-2 dungeons are interrupt heavy where melee is usefull.

affixes are worse on melee, damage is worse on melee, you fail more in melee thus forcing healer to make harder decisions sometimes.
    was all this warranted? i fail to see it. if i'd be a healer/tank i'd only take the ocassional sub rogue/venthyr unholy/ww monk.
    rest are worse than mouthbreathers.

i fail to see how this ranged meta was warranted in m+ or how amz has any place being on a DPS.

they unprunned some classes but havoc at least got fucked. we're (havocs) the boomkins of BFA where you'd bring one for trees on fortified, we get invited if perfect score on fortified weeks for DPS. (easily replaceable with a class from above but people are sticlers for rio, thank god)

this is the impression i've currently formed on SL as a mostly solo player.
    this is also not a cry for buff havoc, some classes have to be weaker than others.
    it sucks but it is what it is. i will keep trying stats/builds till i get closer to the fotmers at least in aoe
    don't even get me started on pvp.
    Youre smoking some crack if you think MM hunters/mage/shaman are easier to play than H DH, ROFL, don't even have to read the barf after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    This is what happens when you only have two specs. If it sucks, you’re forced to tank.
    Nothing to do with two specs...basically made Havoc OP for two expansions (Which they also did similar with DK, the other hero class) and now to compensate it's dogshit

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post

Haste=Vers Havoc
    Haste => Vers Veng

All you need to do for pvp is to havoc and use The Hunt. All win baby!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    id never invite a dps DH to my group. especially during a tyrannical week. single target dps is complete dogshit. their shit single target dps would postpone dungeon boss fights even longer then they already are. id pass on you as well. ive brought in 900-1000 io dps DH, every fight me as a prot paladin out dps their single target nearly everytime lol. your aoe is pretty good and prob the reason you even see high io DHs as they shine during fortified/teeming week.
    You playing with some trash DH's then. I run keys with a DH and he's pretty much up with me on dps as UH DK. Sure he's not beating me, it's unholy, but he's not that far off. Maybe 2% or so behind. Plus the utility has been great for some of these tyrannical bosses this week. People are a slave to meta comps now.