Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

The hate towards Calia is quite understandable

So I just watched this video clip and I see a lot of people complaining about Calia being in Orgrimmar and I can agree with the sentiment that she is not worthy to lead the Forsaken. No doubt she is a light abomination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bgduIXYEVE

Solution: Calia should be thrown from the roof of Grommash Hold as she doesn't belong on the Horde and Valeera should be forced to take the Blood Oath and become a Horde member.

And finally we can rest easy knowing that Calia will no longer be alive to try to take the throne of the Forsaken and make her illegitimated claim in the Horde where she doesn't belong.

Calia shouldn't exist in the first place. The entire concept of "Light Undead" is simply retarded.

Also she has absolutely no ties to the Horde or the identity of the Forsaken. She's only there so Blizzard can inject a "good guy" leader into the Forsaken even tho people generally found the Forsaken interesting because they were an evil faction.

I thought Voss was the acting leader of the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Calia shouldn't exist in the first place. The entire concept of "Light Undead" is simply retarded.

Also she has absolutely no ties to the Horde or the identity of the Forsaken. She's only there so Blizzard can inject a "good guy" leader into the Forsaken even tho people generally found the Forsaken interesting because they were an evil faction.
    There's no reason why the Light can't resurrect the undead. The Void can already be used for necromantic purposes (as Magister Umbric and AU Ner'zhul proved, though it was not downright resurrection in those cases), and Light and Void are merely two sides of the same coin. So if the Void can be used for necromantic purposes, then so can Light.

Don't forget that Life, and not Light, is the opposite of Death on the cosmic map. There's no reason why Light and Death can't interact.

I personally really like Calia. Hope she and the Forsaken get some story focus in shadowlands, considering it's the death expansion and the plight of the forsaken is kinda unresolved/connected to Sylvanas story anyway.

What hate? Where do you get this idea that people hate her from? Don't speculate.

5+ Year Old Account
    What does Valeera even have to do with the Horde beyond being a fel-exposed High Elf? She was enslaved as a Gladiator by the Horde, Thrall's Horde by the way. She also isn't even a part of the Alliance. She's Khadgar tier levels of neutral with loyalty towards the Wrynn family. If you tried to force her to join either faction she'd probably just gank whoever was pushing for that and just leave. She serves as a line of diplomacy between both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Voss IMO would have been a better choice based on the opinions of people I have seen over at the official forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    What does Valeera even have to do with the Horde beyond being a fel-exposed High Elf? She was enslaved as a Gladiator by the Horde, Thrall's Horde by the way. She also isn't even a part of the Alliance. She's Khadgar tier levels of neutral with loyalty towards the Wrynn family. If you tried to force her to join either faction she'd probably just gank whoever was pushing for that and just leave. She serves as a line of diplomacy between both sides.
    Call me crazy but I think that Valeera has already been working as a shadow broker to Lor'themar for a long time...Time will tell but that's my theory. Anyhow, the Horde has the capability of forcing her to take the Blood Oath, whether it be persuasion or other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    She is the acting leader of the Forsaken, atm.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post

You are correct, also why the heck is a light abomination even in Orgrimmar. If I were Horde, I would have lost my appetite seeing that thing there. Especially on top of Grommash Hold? Boy if Garrosh was still around, she'd be thrown from the ramparts.

I don't dislike Calia per se... I dislike that it might turn out that she becomes the leader of the forsaken which to me doesn't make much sense. They have no ties together and she is an alliance character. I don't see how she can be close to Alliance leader and then lead a faction that's inevitable will be at war with them.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    I will call you crazy because in the comics and books and in-game, she's had next to zero interaction with Lor'themar. There's nothing to suggest she does much with her own people. What have you seen that would suggest otherwise?

Besides I'm fairly sure the Blood Oath got abolished after Sylvanas deposed herself and the Horde Council was formed instead. The blood oath specifically swears to the Warchief, there ain't one anymore. And forcing her to take even an updated one won't work, she's not Garona who has a legacy of distrust following her everywhere. She can just flounce off to Dalaran and claim sanctuary there. Speaking of, if Khadgar is still leader of the Kirin Tor, he could take Garona in too, since he knows her history personally.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    fortunately for everyone he is well guarded in Revendreth
    UNfortunately you surely mean? Garrosh is one of the worst written "big" characters in all of Warcraft lore and I prayed so hard that he would just be "done with" after MoP. But no he is now shoehorned back in and they are most likely going to give him the most undeserved character redemption arc in written fictional character history. I ask for ONE thing out of Shadowlands and that is for them to let Garrosh die as his "redeeming" action since I am almost dead certain they will try to redeem him in some absolutely out of character and stupid way.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

I don't have an issue towards Calia in a general sense. I do have an issue with her potentially being shoe horned in as a Forsaken leader, and I have an issue with her being "an advisor" in any capacity. She was never a leader, when the Scourge war kicked off she ran away to be a priest. She really has no wisdom and her claim to leadership is through bloodline which is almost antithetical to the Horde.

A defining characteristic of being Forsaken is casting off the old, the Forsaken fought for their home, defended from humans who claimed it as their own even though the Forsaken literally died for it.

Calia as some kind of leader is really a slap in the face. She shouldn't be on top of the Keep, she should be on the ground actually working and bleeding for the people that she is suddenly being put over as a possible heir-apparent and authority figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    And forcing her to take even an updated one won't work, she's not Garona who has a legacy of distrust following her everywhere. She can just flounce off to Dalaran and claim sanctuary there. Speaking of, if Khadgar is still leader of the Kirin Tor, he could take Garona in too, since he knows her history personally.
    I don't disagree with the forcing her to take an oath part but we don't know until it's actually been tried. The Horde has the capability and means to do it and attempt it at least, whether it will succeed we don't know. We don't know if it will work or like you said, she will just vanish and find refuge in Dalaran. But instead you should have been more specific and said Uncrowned lair, she would probably just bounce back to the Uncrowned lair and stay there which just happens to be in Dalaran.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I don't have an issue towards Calia in a general sense. I do have an issue with her potentially being shoe horned in as a Forsaken leader, and I have an issue with her being "an advisor" in any capacity. She was never a leader, when the Scourge war kicked off she ran away to be a priest. She really has no wisdom and her claim to leadership is through bloodline which is almost antithetical to the Horde.

A defining characteristic of being Forsaken is casting off the old, the Forsaken fought for their home, defended from humans who claimed it as their own even though the Forsaken literally died for it.

Calia as some kind of leader is really a slap in the face. She shouldn't be on top of the Keep, she should be on the ground actually working and bleeding for the people that she is suddenly being put over as a possible heir-apparent and authority figure.
    The majority of Horde players don't want Calia shoehorned as a leader, there was a poll on the official forums and nobody voted in favor of Calia.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post

Very well said man. Totally agree with you. It's a disgrace to see Calia on top of Grommash Hold. She doesn't deserve to be up there, period.

Just because she was a crown princess of Lordaeron in her past life, who cares, if she really care about "her people", she should be as you said, not on top of Grommash Hold Keep but on the ground, providing her servitude to the Forsaken. But she only care about her past life as a royal person, goes to show she only cares about herself. If she truly cared about the forsaken, she wouldn't be chilling on top of Grommash where she doesn't belong, but instead behaving like a normal person in-debt to her people, on the ground, serving the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Solution: Calia should be thrown from the roof of Grommash Hold as she doesn't belong on the Horde and Valeera should be forced to take the Blood Oath and become a Horde member.
    Almost made it mate, maybe next time.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I much rather see more characters like her than the same old being rehashed and reused, we need more shades of gray into WoW's rather at times bland factions, less of a clear distinction between "good and evil" factions the better for a world like this. It is actually due to such writing previously that they are now forced to inject the story with these kind of characters.
    MMO story telling is sadly slow and fragmented over several mediums especially warcraft's so we'll see what happens, hopefully not too many resurrections happen during shadowlands and more actual closures with a few redemption stories here and there.

Calia is also not presented as a leader of the undead, she is merely an advisor for the horde at this point. Just as how "evil sylvanas" was a poor choice i find calia just as terrible on the other end of the spectrum, there has to be some sort of ruthless figure with redeemable characteristics that can lead them, which currently does not exist.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    nope, i meant fortunately. I never liked the character and I never understood the fanatism about him...
    He wasnt someone who bent over and let himself get fucked in the ass by the Alliance to please them, unlike the current leaders (especially Baine).

The Horde is dead, there's only Red Alliance now.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind her so much if they didn't make her some fake light undead. If she came back as a real Forsaken, bones out and all then i would like her more. As it stands she is just this lame fake undead thing that can't be "ugly" because reasons.