Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exploring Azeroth, the Eastern Kingdoms - Spoilers from new previews

Hi, I made a compilation of information from this book based on the Russian, Chinese and randomized amazon.com previews (excluding the Silvermoon-Booty Bay preview, which is available everywhere). Plus, made an album with all the known artwork from the book.

Posted it on my blog, cause there are pictures, and it's a bit of a hassle to write the same thing again and again for reddit/mmo-c/official forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    "Baine’s letter serves as a “ticket” that allows Mathis and Flynn to travel across the Horde territory. Baine writes that the Council knows of the pair’s mission and approves of it. Anyone, who would harm the two or stop their voyage, would be punished."

Baine inviting Alliance spies to roam freely around Horde territory with no supervision. Amazing. That council is working out so well.

I'd feel sorry for the horde players for the writing they have had to endure but they also make up 75% (pulling a number out my ass) of the playerbase so there must be something they find appealing about it.

I know the Alliance is a very cliche story but at least it's consistent in its values and leadership direction instead of 'forced' evil actions that players are supposed to feel bad about. Pick a narrative and sticl with it.

Are they a group of rag tag degenerates looking for a piece of the pie and will fight whomever it takes? Or a bunch of peace loving bovines lead by democracy? Pick a dang direction and stick with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Are they a group of rag tag degenerates looking for a piece of the pie and will fight whomever it takes? Or a bunch of peace loving bovines lead by democracy? Pick a dang direction and stick with it!
    Find out in "Exploring Azeroth #2: Kalimdor", featuring Baine, Zekhan and a random horsie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    "Baine’s letter serves as a “ticket” that allows Mathis and Flynn to travel across the Horde territory. Baine writes that the Council knows of the pair’s mission and approves of it. Anyone, who would harm the two or stop their voyage, would be punished."

Baine inviting Alliance spies to roam freely around Horde territory with no supervision. Amazing. That council is working out so well.
    I was certain this was just hyperbole and that the joke was Matthias being a spy. But no, his explicit mission is to contact local informants, he is in all ways undertaking a mission as a spy, even if not the nitty gritty parts.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Couldn't they atleast have someone like Garona supervising them so they don't do anything shady? Maybe have Thrall send a few Shattered Hand rogues or something? Jesus christ.

"SI:7 killed both the dark ranger and his pet dogs."

Fucking what?

Is this book meant to be like Chronicles was meant to be like or is it loosely canon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I was certain this was just hyperbole and that the joke was Matthias being a spy. But no, his explicit mission is to contact local informants, he is in all ways undertaking a mission as a spy, even if not the nitty gritty parts.
    Bloody Hell. I liked the idea of the Council but this is ridiculous....

10+ Year Old Account

Look, I'm one of the biggest Horde loyalists ever, and after our leader recently started a war for mysterious reasons that lead to countless deaths, I welcome the opportunity for diplomats to come and make sure we aren't up to more shenanigans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Look, I'm one of the biggest Horde loyalists ever, and after our leader recently started a war for mysterious reasons that lead to countless deaths, I welcome the opportunity for diplomats to come and make sure we aren't up to more shenanigans.
    He’s not a diplomat, he’s an outright spy.

10+ Year Old Account
    He’s not a diplomat, he’s an outright spy.
    A spy is not a spy if you invite them.

You're either an Alliance player or a pathetic excuse of a Horde apologist.

I mean does anyone seriously expect anything else from Baine? The Red Alliance regional governor started as he meant to go on when midget furry gypsies dealt with extant problems of his realm better than he did. It only continued when the Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

Past that, some tidbits are pretty interesting like Karazhan still being active or the business with Nefarian's experiments not starting with him. Others like the Culling are bizarre - what was the other solution? And sure, killing those became pointless since they got raised, but that was contingent on Arthas coming back as DK, had he sat his ass down he'd have foiled the Scourge for a fair while.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-11-25 at 12:53 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Baine’s letter serves as a “ticket” that allows Mathis and Flynn to travel across the Horde territory. Baine writes that the Council knows of the pair’s mission and approves of it. Anyone, who would harm the two or stop their voyage, would be punished.
    This is why this book should have been written by Brann or maybe Khadgar, someone who is neutral and respected by both factions. I still don't understand why Blizz chose Shaw for this job. He is a spy, not an explorer.

That portrait of Tirion's family is nice tho. And they also acknowledge Sabellian existence, which is interesting.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2020-11-25 at 07:36 AM.

Sylvanas's pitch for War of Thorns was Horde's security. It's not like Saurfang was fooled, he honestly agreed with Sylvanas's logic, only disagreeing at the end for the fate that befell Teldrassil (and Sylvanas's true motivations in the long run). I wonder how he'd feel about Baine allowing Alliance's spymaster to roam about Horde lands unsupervised, doing fuck knows what. "Ambassador" my ass, you know Mathias won't miss this opportunity to strengthen Alliance's network of spies and saboteurs that will naturally be used against the Horde.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I really like the arts for that book. Looks really great, remind me of the old maps of Earth.

A spy is not a spy if you invite them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Couldn't they atleast have someone like Garona supervising them so they don't do anything shady? Maybe have Thrall send a few Shattered Hand rogues or something? Jesus christ.
    No girls allowed where they are going im afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I mean does anyone seriously expect anything else from Baine? The Red Alliance regional governor started as he meant to go on when midget furry gypsies dealt with extant problems of his realm better than he did. It only continued when the Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.
    Which is the only good story bit involving Baine in the game. The only other one in the entirety of Warcraft is from War Crimes, where he was called out on being Alliance ass-licker by Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Past that, some tidbits are pretty interesting like Karazhan still being active or the business with Nefarian's experiments not starting with him.
    This one has already been stated in a blue post ages ago. Either in TBC or Vanilla itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Sylvanas's pitch for War of Thorns was Horde's security. It's not like Saurfang was fooled, he honestly agreed with Sylvanas's logic, only disagreeing at the end for the fate that befell Teldrassil (and Sylvanas's true motivations in the long run). I wonder how he'd feel about Baine allowing Alliance's spymaster to roam about Horde lands unsupervised, doing fuck knows what. "Ambassador" my ass, you know Mathias won't miss this opportunity to strengthen Alliance's network of spies and saboteurs that will naturally be used against the Horde.
    But Baine likes it when things are used against the Horde. He's also likely to join in on the fun and kill some Horde members personally.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-11-25 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

So, where are some juicy spoilers? The book was supposed to come out on the 24th, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I really like the arts for that book. Looks really great, remind me of the old maps of Earth.

They tend to be known as diplomats in the real world.
    Usually done as a trust building initiative to have both sides see the othher clearly, see that they're not doing anything behind the other's back.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    "SI:7 killed both the dark ranger and his pet dogs."

Fucking what?

Is this book meant to be like Chronicles was meant to be like or is it loosely canon?.
    It’s likely talking about his first (second) death that happened in classic. And ya likely fully canon.