Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    They tend to be known as diplomats in the real world.
    Usually done as a trust building initiative to have both sides see the othher clearly, see that they're not doing anything behind the other's back.
    In the real world, most of the embassies of America in reality are the base of operations of the agents of the CIA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.
    This is definitely sig material May I borrow it, good sir?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    "Ambassador" my ass, you know Mathias won't miss this opportunity to strengthen Alliance's network of spies and saboteurs that will naturally be used against the Horde.
    Mathias also mentions that there are a lot of Alliance sympathizers and friends in Silvermoon. So, Baine isn't the only one to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This is definitely sig material May I borrow it, good sir?
    All yours. I'd be lying if I said that moment didn't sell me on this expansion.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

3+ Year Old Account
    still nothing about Alterac? I'm disappointed
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Why has no one pointed out yet that MANY blood elves secretly loyal to the Alliance and Alleria Windrunner's ideals are hiding in Quel'Thalas, and Shaw even notes how Alleria is dedicated to bringing Quel'Thalas back into the fold and has many followers under her command? The time has come for a... revolution... in Quel'Thalas.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s likely talking about his first (second) death that happened in classic. And ya likely fully canon.
    But he faked his own death no? and then had his soil transferred into his cousins body as his first body was slowing.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-11-26 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why has no one pointed out yet that MANY blood elves secretly loyal to the Alliance and Alleria Windrunner's ideals are hiding in Quel'Thalas, and Shaw even notes how Alleria is dedicated to bringing Quel'Thalas back into the fold and has many followers under her command? The time has come for a... revolution... in Quel'Thalas.
    Oh, again its you.
    Lets shit at Horde again, right? And for reference - many could mean like 20 of them.
    And Quel'Thalas dont need bringing into the fold of your blue team, you already have yours edgy blood elfs.
    Wish we could make some good ground for Horde lore, not evil-warchief once in 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we get a mod to change the title? Book's out now, it's just a general discussion, not preview spoilers.

Anyway, it was neat little flavor. I'm confused as to the timing, though. Flynn and Shaw are going on this quest now, why does it sound like it happened years ago, with notes scribbled in that mention the changes that have happened since?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    "SI:7 killed both the dark ranger and his pet dogs."
    This is a throwback to a classic quest line (The First and the Last) that involved the SI:7 sending the player character to kill Nathanos.

It is a tragedy. I think... I believe that our kind is cursed, <name>. We are cursed to lose our greatest warriors; our most noble heroes; our most gifted scholars.

We are indebted to you and I assure you, <name>, wherever Nathanos Marris is now, he smiles down upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    In the real world, most of the embassies of America in reality are the base of operations of the agents of the CIA.
    True in many places, yeah.
    R.I.P. Yugoslavia.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    But he faked his own death no? and then had his soil transferred into his cousins body as his first body was slowing.
    This book isn’t from a meta perspective like chronicles so rather he died or faked his death Shaw likely has no clue he thinks he was killed.

new members for silvermoon scholar

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    This book isn’t from a meta perspective like chronicles so rather he died or faked his death Shaw likely has no clue he thinks he was killed.
    Right cool so the book isn't "true" canon just Shaw's opinion. Cool.

I thought they'd made a very pointless recon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This is a throwback to a classic quest line (The First and the Last) that involved the SI:7 sending the player character to kill Nathanos.
    But that was reconed into him faking his own death.

I was confused if they'd changed it back to how it was and changing the storyline in Dark Mirror.

I wasn't true if the book was a factual account or Shaw's outlook.

new members for silvermoon scholar
    New spies as well. If these Alliance loyalists are hidden within Sin'dorei society, they could spy on it on Alleria's behalf. Let's hope they can be of some use.

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

New spies as well. If these Alliance loyalists are hidden within Sin'dorei society, they could spy on it on Alleria's behalf. Let's hope they can be of some use.
    I hope we expel them quelthalas and the sunwell must be safe. we should never be slaves of humans!

I hope we expel them quelthalas and the sunwell must be safe. we should never be slaves of humans!
    Are you sure about that? Because I seem to recall that Theron was quite eager to rejoin the Alliance back in MoP.

And you might say "well yeah but then the Purge of Dalaran happened, so now we hate the humans!"

You might want to rethink that, because Theron was seen fighting side by side with Jaina at the Eternal Palace of Azshara.

Are you sure about that? Because I seem to recall that Theron was quite eager to rejoin the Alliance back in MoP.

And you might say "well yeah but then the Purge of Dalaran happened, so now we hate the humans!"

You might want to rethink that, because Theron was seen fighting side by side with Jaina at the Eternal Palace of Azshara.
    to defeat azshara

azshara>humans

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    "Baine’s letter serves as a “ticket” that allows Mathis and Flynn to travel across the Horde territory. Baine writes that the Council knows of the pair’s mission and approves of it. Anyone, who would harm the two or stop their voyage, would be punished."

Baine inviting Alliance spies to roam freely around Horde territory with no supervision. Amazing. That council is working out so well.
    That's what I thought...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    "Baine’s letter serves as a “ticket” that allows Mathis and Flynn to travel across the Horde territory. Baine writes that the Council knows of the pair’s mission and approves of it. Anyone, who would harm the two or stop their voyage, would be punished."

Baine inviting Alliance spies to roam freely around Horde territory with no supervision. Amazing. That council is working out so well.
    I think the whole point is to show good faith, in the end, the Horde council do feel kind of responsible for the war.

Though I do think it would have been more interesting if they send a Horde member with them to act as a "guide" (even if its just a guide in the surface)

- - - Updated - - -

Well they had their reasons, was it a good one? maybe not, but now with the NB in the Horde, i don't think they will leaving any time soon unless they take the NB with them, and i doubt they would join the Alliance.