Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Done all mythic dungeons to test Guardian and the nerf to AoE threat is real. There are a couple of gauntlets where I have to save Thrash for when more adds spawn or are pulled but, even then, I keep losing aggro to a spriest/lock putting up a dot. DPS is used to going ham on AoE packs and I can't keep up anymore, there's always 1-2 mobs that will just go after them while my Thrash and my taunt are on CD.

I'm having fun though, levelling my other druids already

Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Hard disagree on Heart of the Wild, it's amazing and has many many uses. Powerful offhealing for any spec if needed, ranged damage(and pretty crazy aoe with convoke) if needed, even offtanking in a clutch. I really like it, almost wish it was baseline.
    I was speaking towards guardian and restoration specifically. I'm aware it's decent burst healing for offspecs, until they oom in 8 casts instead of the usual 4. Even then, it's rather gimmicky given how short your mana lasts.

Guardians have no time to shift out to use their cat/moonkin/resto abilities with heart of the wild. Perhaps if HotW allowed your affinity spells to be cast in any form it could have some niche use for guardian. Only really useful in raids when you have long periods of downtime as the offtank.

Restoration, I guess it could be used to do some DPS, but if you're finding time to dps for ~45 seconds, you're in content so trivial that its not really worth discussing. In raids your dps contribution is usually to trivial to be worth wasting the mana on damage instead of conserving for healing. In keystones your damage comes in 3-5 second burst windows when you drop sunfire and hit 3 swipes. I only mentioned it in my original post because it does have some use. Over a 45 second window you might get ~10-15 seconds of extra damage while healing, which is fine for the row.

It's really a gimmicky talent for Guardian/Resto and I'd prefer seeing it removed for something decent that fits the row. Idk about moonkin or feral but I'd lean towards the same since it only reduces mana cost by 50% and you oom in 4 casts of regrowth (8 with HotW). What do you do with the rest of the ~30 seconds?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I was speaking towards guardian and restoration specifically. I'm aware it's decent burst healing for offspecs, until they oom in 8 casts instead of the usual 4. Even then, it's rather gimmicky given how short your mana lasts.
    You're forgetting regeneration. While our mana doesn't last long, it regenerates very rapidly, so halving cost actually has a far greater impact.

Quote Originally Posted by chambers167 View Post

For feral I feel like we are.... exactley as we have been for the last expansion... and the expansion before that... and the expansion before that. We have nothing that changes our playstyle, we have nothing that I can see from a pve perspective that leads my class fantasy. Everything that I see a cat doing, another class does it all better. I'm using the same abilities as I used 5-6 years ago, is there really anything to get excited about?
    Yeah I feel the same, saw the guides and saw nothing special about ferals. I always thought that lorewise a feral would be some shock trooper. You go in burst dps and run by jumping several feets away twice like a warrior, heal yourself a bit kite and go in when you got cds back. Enemy has some bleeds but shouldnt be the mainfocus. Rotation is the same and eventually becomes cumbersome since its the same rotation for 6 years.

Guardians have no time to shift out to use their cat/moonkin/resto abilities with heart of the wild. Perhaps if HotW allowed your affinity spells to be cast in any form it could have some niche use for guardian. Only really useful in raids when you have long periods of downtime as the offtank.

Restoration, I guess it could be used to do some DPS, but if you're finding time to dps for ~45 seconds, you're in content so trivial that its not really worth discussing. In raids your dps contribution is usually to trivial to be worth wasting the mana on damage instead of conserving for healing. In keystones your damage comes in 3-5 second burst windows when you drop sunfire and hit 3 swipes. I only mentioned it in my original post because it does have some use. Over a 45 second window you might get ~10-15 seconds of extra damage while healing, which is fine for the row.

It's really a gimmicky talent for Guardian/Resto and I'd prefer seeing it removed for something decent that fits the row. Idk about moonkin or feral but I'd lean towards the same since it only reduces mana cost by 50% and you oom in 4 casts of regrowth (8 with HotW). What do you do with the rest of the ~30 seconds?
    I use heart of the wild constantly as a resto. As a Moonkin i use if if i see the healer struggeling for a second to keep up. Pop it. Throw in a wild growth and one or two rejuvs go back doing damage.

This is no mandatory talent. You can take another one in the row. And the Affinities one row above give you passive stuff too.

I like it. And the other druids in my guild like it too.

But yes. Heart of the wild as a Tank is rather useless unless you are off tanking. Or you can switch too cat when the other tank is in at the moment to push your DPS a bit. In Mythic+? Yeah i would never use it as a tank.

So i have just been focusing on resto - and having a blast. Healin wise its easily top tier, you feel in control and i feel i could already do m10+ right now. M0 is very very easy. Also on bosses with a lot of avoidable damage with balance affinity hotw+ eclipse+invoke is just insane. If you have on use damage trinks and pop an intellect potion you can actually end up number 1 on the dps list for bosses like lord chamberlain, with your teammates being equally geared.

I'd say most instances have bosses with either burn phases(boss stunned/incapacitated/whatever and taking x% extra damage) or phases with heavy groupwide damage and no straight up tank damage. Those are some situations where this talent could be really good for a dps/tank to throw some heals or a tank/healer to do more damage. But, it is a tricky talent to use for sure. I think it has good potential, even if you can't get the full 45 seconds out of it because the other talents on the row might be entirely useless for that fight.