State of Monk at launch day, your thoughts?

Shadowlands drops today!
    Changes have been made and tweaks throughout the months leading up to this day for various specs

Are you happy with the state of the class as a whole?
    Do you feel let down in some aspect of the class specifically...
    DPS, Tanking of Healing?
    Raiding, Dungeons or PVP?

Maybe something changed for the better and you're looking forward to it?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Still no raid cd or niche for monk. Any other healing class can do same or better than us and bring raid cd...
    The "celestial" added for each spec looks like more band-aid than real spell/skill.

In short, I feel more that they ignored fully the monk class this extension and just made one or two insignificant changes so they can say "we did made changes...". A big part of the BFA skill were from the neck/azerite power... Remove that and we just back with hole everywhere...

But still fun to play.

I switched to Monk during BFA prepatch after playing DK since Wrath; I was getting cranky about mobility. Monk mobility's still great, no change there. Having SEF off CD as well as an additional defensive has made WW fun to level. Been having fun when defensives and a 6 stack of crane kick are ready to pull as big as possible and mow down massive pulls. Other than that, it's really still the same spec as before, except now with even more button bindings (-so many buttons-).

Also, Faeline Stomp is the prettiest ability ever. I love it so much.

Dislikes:
    - Reverse Harm just adds to monk button bloat, since it does next to no damage or healing
    - MW monk just doesn't feel good, but it might be a gearing thing. On the plus side I've always preferred being a heavy melee MWer and Faeline Stomp feels like it is hand-tailored just for me, however.
    - Torghast anima cells suck for monk
    Last edited by tamraine; 2020-11-26 at 09:23 AM.

I have only played Windwalker right now since I've only been leveling. Monk has been in a good state gameplay wise in BFA, espacially compared to other classes. I don't mind that there haven't been significant changes.

- I do like that they reversed and baselined Touch of Death and that they moved the old ToD '10% damage dealt passive' over to Xuen.
    - Faeline stomp is by far the most fun of the covenant abilities for WW.
    - Adding spinning crane kick in the single target rotation with the talent feels great
    - F*** the AoE target cap, especially running old content is just poop now

Quote Originally Posted by Fenis View Post
    Still no raid cd or niche for monk. Any other healing class can do same or better than us and bring raid cd...
    The "celestial" added for each spec looks like more band-aid than real spell/skill.

In short, I feel more that they ignored fully the monk class this extension and just made one or two insignificant changes so they can say "we did made changes...". A big part of the BFA skill were from the neck/azerite power... Remove that and we just back with hole everywhere...

But still fun to play.
    lots of classes with no real niche. they arent going to give everyone something.

WW is doing great at the start but doesnt scale well and Blizzard has never fixed it so ww dumps later in the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    WW is doing great at the start but doesnt scale well and Blizzard has never fixed it so ww dumps later in the expansion.
    This is a pretty considerable exaggeration, I even wrote an article about it because its been a common misconception: https://www.peakofserenity.com/2021/...lways-falling/
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch