Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Not sure if youre just saying "give all furries magic" or what. By lore tauren have always been worshippers of the earth mother hence druids and shaman, and i think paladins formed from being druids who worshipped the sun instead of the moon? They have no need for the arcane when the earth provides for them.

Now if you just want all classes on all races then thats acceptable.
    The earth itself hosts one of most powerful arcane beings we know of though, not to mention the Tauren were born through arcane energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because why? Do you think their fur gives em magical power?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm going to assume you played a warcraft game before WoW based on your avatar. Where are you getting it makes no sense for Orcs to be warlocks from?
    Because the New Horde was supposed to be returning to Shamanism and rejecting warlocks.

That's probably what he meant.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The earth itself hosts one of most powerful arcane beings we know of though, not to mention the Tauren were born through arcane energy.
    Yes, but thats no reason to use it is it not? Draenei aren't warlocks even though its possible due to culture, same thing applies to tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Most class/race combos are about culture, not capacity.

Night elfs can definitely be warlocks - they choose not to. Same for the tauren in this regard.
    Exactly. Legion proved they can be Paladins, too, it's just not common.

This is why I've been saying for years we should be able to unlock race/class combinations, in ways similar to unlocking allied races. The Paladin Order Hall campaign should have unlocked Night Elf Paladins, for example. It would open up some really awesome combinations that already exist in game but are too rare to just flip the switch and let everyone play. A quest where a few forsaken get blessed by a Naaru and become paladins, please? A Feltotem Tauren redeeming himself to join the Horde and unlock Tauren and Highmountain warlocks? The Botanists in Tempest Keep rejoining the Horde to unlock Blood Elf Druids.

Like undead paladins wouls literally be the most played paladin race if they simply enabled it, but a short questline to justify their existence culminating in unlocking the combination.... Thatd be so fuxking cool.

Have Vulpera teach tauren how to be mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Because the New Horde was supposed to be returning to Shamanism and rejecting warlocks.

Well, the warlocks did have to keep out of sight while thrall was boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post

The orcs that Thrall freed from human prisons definitely included warlocks. I was always under the impression that the New Horde rejected alliances with demons, that binding them to the Horde's bidding was still acceptable. Regardless, humans can be warlocks, and their culture definitely isn't okay with it.

My unpopular opinion is that it is past time to remove racial restrictions for all classes. This move would give players more agency and choice. But I'll get blasted for this idea being against lore which is a thing of the past now IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    My unpopular opinion is that it is past time to remove racial restrictions for all classes. This move would give players more agency and choice. But I'll get blasted for this idea being against lore which is a thing of the past now IMHO.
    I'd be all for it so long as we got one quest for each new combo to unlock them. If they just threw us undead paladins with no explanation theyd be the most played class on that race and would break my immersion every time I saw one...... They should be rare, and therefore require an easy achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Druids use arcane and shamans use fire/frost. There really is no reason they can't be if they can be pallies.
    druids and warlocks both use life magic, just in the opposite direction. But when druids go crazy they never quite turn into warlocks, was fire with staghelm and nightmare in legion. it's possible to make something work there but it just seems too much of a stretch compared to just thinking of something completely unrelated.

tauren pallies and priest have the whole sun as their power justification, which you can probably stretch to mages. or come up with some other arcane through nature kinda crap if you want.

even rogues you can come up with something that would work quite naturally if you wanted.

it's just warlocks and demon hunters i don't see working for them without some external lore from a new allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Orcs can be Warlock, while it made absolutely no sense when it was introduced. All it takes is one new weird lore line or a retcon.
    Orcs are the OG Warlocks bud, ever since WC1.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

tauren were around for the war of the ancients. they saw how arcane magic changed night elf society, and then ofc the actual war and sundering. they probably got al kinds of scary stories about arcane using night elves they tell their kids at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Orcs can be Warlock, while it made absolutely no sense when it was introduced. All it takes is one new weird lore line or a retcon.
    But Orcs were the original warlocks in the Warcraft games and story. It wasn't until recent that we found that there is a long history of such beings existing all over reality. No retcon or weird new line of lore here bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, THAT I can get behind, but it would take some work.

There would have to be a specific tribe of Tauren who had, during their wanderings, came in contact with a Titan facility, maybe a secret vault in Desolace. They lived there and studied it, their specific tribe developing a religion that teaches the Earth Mother is Azeroth and one of numerous other similar beings that are the Titans. They join the Horde after the player helps them out with their problems, and it is much the same as the Highborne rejoining the Night Elves. Other tauren would see them as heretics, or just plain odd at least, and create some interesting internal conflict within Thunder Bluff that could be utilized in future stories.

Vulpera are vagabonds at heart, they learn what they have to when they can and anyone can read a spell book. Except maybe that one orc in Terokkar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    druids and warlocks both use life magic, just in the opposite direction. But when druids go crazy they never quite turn into warlocks, was fire with staghelm and nightmare in legion. it's possible to make something work there but it just seems too much of a stretch compared to just thinking of something completely unrelated.

tauren pallies and priest have the whole sun as their power justification, which you can probably stretch to mages. or come up with some other arcane through nature kinda crap if you want.

even rogues you can come up with something that would work quite naturally if you wanted.

it's just warlocks and demon hunters i don't see working for them without some external lore from a new allied race.
    I was saying mage. They have arcane, frost, and fire in their existing classes. It could just be manipulated that they're water/fire shamans who serve the moon for a mage. Pallies they said it was the sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I was saying mage. They have arcane, frost, and fire in their existing classes. It could just be manipulated that they're water/fire shamans who serve the moon for a mage. Pallies they said it was the sun.
    That doesn't really count. Mage is all arcane, the fact that they use frost and fire and all that is because they use arcane spells that alter the world to create those effects, they aren't channeling the element itself. Their arcane is through their connection to nature as well, they aren't casting 'spells' as mages do. It's raw celestial power, not mana manipulated through spells.

Vulerpa are traders/thiefs and live near atleast three magical societies.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That doesn't really count. Mage is all arcane, the fact that they use frost and fire and all that is because they use arcane spells that alter the world to create those effects, they aren't channeling the element itself. Their arcane is through their connection to nature as well, they aren't casting 'spells' as mages do. It's raw celestial power, not mana manipulated through spells.
    Ok and druids use arcane already as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Vulerpa are traders/thiefs and live near atleast three magical societies.
    And Tauren have lived near magic users for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If goblins can be shamans and priests then literally anything can happen.

"Well you see.. goblins haggle with the elements." LOL what a bullshit excuse that was. And priest? I don't even remember the reasoning for that was.

The problem is the gameplay representation of a "class" doesn't match each race. Its way too homogenized for gameplay purposes and blizzard doesn't feel like making different versions for each race.
    Blizz would have to fix the lore with corresponding game content, and that would involve taking the game offline for weeks.
    And I don't think goblin should have ever made the grade as a playable race.