Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands Launch Gearing Guide

Shadowlands Launch Gearing Overview
    Shadowlands has made a few changes to the gearing process, and so it may be confusing as to what is the best way to gear up at max level. Here is a summary of sources and item level for your first few weeks along with future content coming soon.

Available Now

SourceItem Level
    Normal Dungeons158
    Heroic Dungeons171
    Mythic Dungeons184
    Covenant Campaign Set (Based on Renown Rank)155
    World Quests145+
    Crafted Gear151 - 164
    PvP Honor158 - 171
    Faction Vendor (Reaching Honored - Exalted)164 - 200

Available Week 2

SourceItem Level
    Rank 1 Legendary (Need 1250 Soul Ash)190
    PvP Honor Upgrades (Renown Rank 7)177 - 184

Available From Season 1 Onward

SourceItem Level
    Rank 2 Legendary (Need 2000 Soul Ash)210
    Rank 3 Legendary (Need 3200 Soul Ash)225
    Rank 4 Legendary (Need 5150 Soul Ash)235
    Castle Nathria LFR187 (194 Last 2 Bosses)
    Castle Nathria Normal200 (207 Last 2 Bosses)
    Castle Nathria Heroic213 (220 Last 2 Bosses)
    Castle Nathria Mythic (Week 4)226 (233 Last 2 Bosses)
    PvP Honor Upgrades190 - 197
    PvP Conquest190+
    World Boss207
    Mythic+ End Chest187 - 210
    Great Vault200 - 226
    Last edited by chaud; 2020-11-29 at 06:03 PM.

I have 177 ilvl and last boss os layer 3 is simply impossible to kill. First week we can do 8 layer but at 3 the majority of ppl dont pass. Boss gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    I have 177 ilvl and last boss os layer 3 is simply impossible to kill. First week we can do 8 layer but at 3 the majority of ppl dont pass. Boss gandalf
    you also need some skill to kill the boss not only ilvl

Torghast is a combination of gear and powers. Which means you need to be looting Phantasma and not trying to speed run it. All 6 levels that are available right now are pretty easy to do, in fact probably too easy but I know more levels/wings will be available .I've cleared them with three classes so far between 135-142 iLvL, all from what I got leveling and a dungeon or two. I've had two other friends clear them with other classes that I haven't ran and they said they had no issues.

The other thing is on some of the bosses you need to actually perform mechanics instead of trying to brute force your way through it and hope it will hit 0 before you do.

Also, you need to remember the higher you the go the harder it needs to be since you will be skipping levels later on and collecting the rewards from the lower levels.

oh no no no PepeLaugh

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

oh my, have you considered learning to play?

I passed layer 3 with ilvl 155

It's doable, study up your class/spec, if needed, get drum, flask, potion, etc

Please don't spread misinformation. I have cleared both wings on 3 different classes now, all lower ilvl than that. Anima powers and knowing how to play are vastly more important this week than having high ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by RyusekiV2 View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

oh my, have you considered learning to play?
    Why do you care about hes learning to play you don't even play World of Warcraft anymore let it go.

So m+14 is on the same ilvl as a world boss. Woah.

- - - Updated - - -

Woha, that moment you realise you are probably not as good as you think you are.

I did thorghast fresh when I finished all covenant quests. I never read what is to come and instead experience what I want.

Was at ilvl135 ish. The lvl3 boss was quite tricky (I was a bear and he had a steroid increasing his damage and cast time and immunity to interrupts) i died 3 times, but managed to get him the 4th time.

Now this boss was probably the mortal enemy of a druid tank. Magic damage and steroids. But I still managed to down him at 40 ilvls lower than you. I am not a good player by any means btw, just lightly below average. You need some information on your spec tbh.

For 177 you need to do M0 Dungeons right?
    How cant you kill the last boss then?
    I was under 150 as a tank when i killed him the first time and it was super easy but i didnt even tryed M0 because with my 169GS i wont be good enough.

I think it depends on what end-boss you get... some of them are brutal and some are just 'tank and spank'. I did a level 3 on my Prot Pally at ilvl 170 ish and although I didn't die at all through the process and I was being careless on trash, I did almost die 3-4 times on trash (2-3 elites) and the last boss wasn't entirely easy.

I also did a lvl 3, 5-man squad run last night and parts is it were BRUTAL even with all of us 170 ilvl.

On a more important note coz T'gast is boring AF

Mythic+ End Chest 187 - 210 < -- WTF does this mean.... this is my first expansion pushing Mythic+ dungeons so does this mean like +1 - +5 will give a variation of this ilvl... or +1 - +10 .... any insight on this would be appreciated.

answered my own question....

Keystone Level End of Dungeon Weekly Great Vault

Mythic 2 187 200
    Mythic 3 190 203
    Mythic 4 194 207
    Mythic 5 194 210
    Mythic 6 197 210
    Mythic 7 200 213
    Mythic 8 200 216
    Mythic 9 200 216
    Mythic 10 204 220
    Mythic 11 204 220
    Mythic 12 207 223
    Mythic 13 207 223
    Mythic 14 207 226
    Mythic 15 210 226
    Last edited by beastytech; 2020-11-30 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastytech View Post
    I think it depends on what end-boss you get... some of them are brutal and some are just 'tank and spank'. I did a level 3 on my Prot Pally at ilvl 170 ish and although I didn't die at all through the process and I was being careless on trash, I did almost die 3-4 times on trash (2-3 elites) and the last boss wasn't entirely easy.

I also did a lvl 3, 5-man squad run last night and parts is it were BRUTAL even with all of us 170 ilvl.

On a more important note coz T'gast is boring AF

Mythic+ End Chest 187 - 210 < -- WTF does this mean.... this is my first expansion pushing Mythic+ dungeons so does this mean like +1 - +5 will give a variation of this ilvl... or +1 - +10 .... any insight on this would be appreciated.

answered my own question....

Keystone Level End of Dungeon Weekly Great Vault

Mythic 2 187 200
    Mythic 3 190 203
    Mythic 4 194 207
    Mythic 5 194 210
    Mythic 6 197 210
    Mythic 7 200 213
    Mythic 8 200 216
    Mythic 9 200 216
    Mythic 10 204 220
    Mythic 11 204 220
    Mythic 12 207 223
    Mythic 13 207 223
    Mythic 14 207 226
    Mythic 15 210 226
    So mythic +'s have a chest at the end. First column is name ie "mythic 10". Next column is the iLvl of the loot at the end of the run. Right column is your weekly vault reward ilvl based on the highest ilvl completed [even if you fail time] during the week. So if you ONLY did a mythic 10, the end chest will drop a 204 piece and on tuesday you'd get a 220 from your vault. If you than did a mythic 9 the end chest would have a 200 drop at the end but youd still get the 220 in the weekly vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    So mythic +'s have a chest at the end. First column is name ie "mythic 10". Next column is the iLvl of the loot at the end of the run. Right column is your weekly vault reward ilvl based on the highest ilvl completed [even if you fail time] during the week. So if you ONLY did a mythic 10, the end chest will drop a 204 piece and on tuesday you'd get a 220 from your vault. If you than did a mythic 9 the end chest would have a 200 drop at the end but youd still get the 220 in the weekly vault.
    Oh ok thanks, two thing I didn't know there. The end chest is still RNG though right? NOT guaranteed loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    i went through on my hunter and did Layer3 just fine at 154ish, maybe even lower

See folks this is what happens when you buy BOEs off the AH.

Great Post clean and simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    i went through on my hunter and did Layer3 just fine at 154ish, maybe even lower

See folks this is what happens when you buy BOEs off the AH.
    Ok pokemon, try that with sin rogue against boss with 200k hp and zillion adds and not with 1 button tard hunter class...

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    Ok pokemon, try that with sin rogue against boss with 200k hp and zillion adds and not with 1 button tard hunter class...
    Sin rogue seriously has some problems. I am ~165ilvl and still had a few close calls. (did that 3rd layer 2 times)

I know it's much faster to just stealth run everything, but I was always trying to kill as many as possible, just to get the bonuses.
    Prioritizing: poison/bleed +30% dmg(OP), Sepsis resetting CD on Vendetta, Vendetta putting Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Blades, HP bonus from rats. Try to get as much phantasm as possible(to buy other bonuses).

You should add Wrath of the Jailer ilvl 183 gear

People saying it takes skill to kill the boss at level 3? Not at all.

All it takes is good powerup choices, the boss melts in seconds.

The only real "skill" it takes is to decide what to take. If you are having problems with boss, just take all the single target options from the beginning.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-11-30 at 07:58 AM.