Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bosses are weird.

I cakewalk on everything in Torghast, but that Synod guy : impossible to kill with my 155ish ilvl in lvl 2.
    I went up to lvl 3 (unlocked cause I ran over Soul Forge lvl 2) and had an other end-boss : easier than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    I have 177 ilvl and last boss os layer 3 is simply impossible to kill. First week we can do 8 layer but at 3 the majority of ppl dont pass. Boss gandalf
    Hm, my theory that the umm, not so much skilled people are getting lucky with gear drops is getting validated once again. I cleared layer 3 with like 155, and that was with really mediocre powers. As shadow priest, class notorious for crap soloing capabilities. You might have some l2p issues there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    You should add Wrath of the Jailer ilvl 183 gear
    You mean the piece that "has chance to drop" and you get 1 shot at it every week?

as far as torghast goes, my experience so far is that with the wrong specc-boss combination some stuff gets stupidly difficult.

as a PSA: smokebombs from the vendor makes enemies miss ALL ABILITIES AND SPELLS FOR 30 SECONDS (if you stay in the smoke, duh)!
    they have a short CD and are cheap to buy, plus you can have more than 1.

the caster boss in upper reaches on layer 3 has ca. 288k hp, hits for ~30% hp per cast, and you need your kick for other stuff so his volley goes through quite often.
    with smoke bombs, his dmg to you becomes 0.
    Last edited by Narzok; 2020-11-30 at 08:39 AM.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Just to add my 2 cents, I kind of understand what Thiago is stating. My DK, at ilvl 162 and Whitemane tanking, got the boss of The Upper Reaches to 8% before it killed Whitemane and then me. I don’t know if that’s because I’m terrible or bad shite Anima Powers, but I attempted it twice, both times buying every single item from the vendor, and that’s the best I could do.
    Meanwhile, I go in on my 150 MM Hunter and kill the boss in about 10 seconds. The Anima Power abilities are very skewed. I’ve also had other guild members tell me they’ve gotten AP that basically lets them 1 shot the boss on their Mage or Lock. On the flip side I’ve had some melee tell me they struggle and have had to get help from someone else. The only melee in the guild that has stated they do fine has been a WW Monk, and I’m pretty sure he can ToD the boss.
    Now, I’m not stating it’s impossible or hard for everyone to do; but, I am stating that it seems very skewed and dependent on which AP you get, and that can be frustrating if it happens multiple times.

Side note: to everyone stating how easy they have it as tank or heals, I’m pretty sure that this works the same way as Visions did. If you play one of those specs the mobs have less health and do way less damage. From what I’ve heard Resto Shamans have it so made in that place.

Again, I want to reiterate that I’m not agreeing it’s impossible. Nor am I stating that skill doesn’t play a factor. I am stating that some of the AP seem to have been made very imbalanced where some are way to OP for some classes (again Hunter says hello with “any enemy rooted by Binding Shot increases your Crit chance and Crit damage by 100% for 6 seconds) vs some other class/specs AP and that can definitely play a factor.

I'm glad that they finally decided to have world-bosses and Mythic+ runs not give out heroic-raid levels of gear (even if they're not that far behind, which is fine)

Organised heroic and mythic raiding will always take more effort than completing a +10/15 key, not necessarily more skill to be fair, and a LOT more effort than a "world-boss" you could also call loot-pinata, thus the rewards should reflect that.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-11-30 at 09:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    Ok pokemon, try that with sin rogue against boss with 200k hp and zillion adds and not with 1 button tard hunter class...
    tbh did it all on ~ 155-160 ilvl and then couple times at 170+ to help friends, quiet easy if you get proper treats, remember to spend all phantasmas as they are valid just for your current run (first time i cleared layer 3 i was been actually trying to save it and finished with 800+ unspent :P)

From enh perspective all you can get in totems healing/dmg reduction + dmg increase on stun 25% + dmg increase on venthyr teleport 20%, if you get frost shock enemy dmg done reduction its making it a cake walk.

If you are unlucky on first try just try again its not like you lose anything beside some time, hard to advice rogue tho as i totally don`t know what you can pick, you can do it in team of 2 (not advising going in team of 5 as enemies have tremendous hp pols then and first flor`s take some extra time before everyone gets some good anima powers)
    btw after doing it ~9-10 times total im really bored with it so that`s on topic of torghast
    Another topic is rogues, ferals and hunters in pvp which make bg`s not funny at all, again from enh perspective looks like 2 months abo and then 1 year skip till they do anything with it.
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-11-30 at 10:09 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    do we know if world quest rewards work like BFA where they increase based on you item-level -- is that what the 'plus' in "145+" is meant to indicate?

had more problems on my feral with the elite trash than with the bosses tbh

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    do we know if world quest rewards work like BFA where they increase based on you item-level -- is that what the 'plus' in "145+" is meant to indicate?
    apparently world quest rewards also increase with your renown level

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I'm glad that they finally decided to have world-bosses and Mythic+ runs not give out heroic-raid levels of gear (even if they're not that far behind, which is fine)

Organised heroic and mythic raiding will always take more effort than completing a +10/15 key, not necessarily more skill to be fair, and a LOT more effort than a "world-boss" you could also call loot-pinata, thus the rewards should reflect that.
    HC raid S1 is always by miles easier than doing a +15 timed. We shall see how that will go this season, but blizzard went double down on loot from m+ which is bad IMO. Either one piece of gear or lower item level than HC. Now it's both.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    HC raid S1 is always by miles easier than doing a +15 timed. We shall see how that will go this season, but blizzard went double down on loot from m+ which is bad IMO. Either one piece of gear or lower item level than HC. Now it's both.
    It's a +10 for castle nathria max. loot and i would contest that opinion if it just needs to be timed.

how sure are we that we will reach renown 7 on week 2?

I mean, given the odd arbitrary gating we have now at rank 3, how do we really know?

- - - Updated - - -

I have 177 ilvl and last boss os layer 3 is simply impossible to kill. First week we can do 8 layer but at 3 the majority of ppl dont pass. Boss gandalf
    Some specs can get fucked if they are unlucky with wih powers they get during the run and also wich boss that spawn.

Myself i oneshotted the last boss as an arc mage (litteraly, my arcane blast did 1.3million damage in a single crit xD)
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-11-30 at 12:06 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

I mean, given the odd arbitrary gating we have now at rank 3, how do we really know?
    I have to wonder as well. I might remember this wrong but in beta you would get 1 from the weekly time waster quest and 1 from finishing the campaign that week. The campain unlocks at 5 though. Well maybe I did remember it wrong and there was a pre-campain quest each week but I don't think so, otherwise it would continue in week 3 or or we would need to get 3 renown next week to put us into a better pace.

Since I played through all of it in beta, all I can say is that the double gating with renown and souls, is the among the most asinine thing ever, the pacing was way better in beta (on a server that already had all weekly limits unlocked and catchup mechanics in place) and with the massive anima cost for most things we would still hardly be able to unlock everything for 4 weeks (while no-life grinding every day). If I hadn't already subbed for 4 more months (and a fixed m+ group wating for me) I would consider to drop out for a couple of months and come back next year before the first content patch.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-11-30 at 01:17 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Some specs can get fucked if they are unlucky with wih powers they get during the run and also wich boss that spawn.

Myself i oneshotted the last boss as an arc mage (litteraly, my arcane blast did 1.3million damage in a single crit xD)
    Wait so the boss is random too? Well if anyone gets that stupid Gargoyle man good luck cause he is broken as hell with his buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvoin View Post
    you also need some skill to kill the boss not only ilvl
    hahahahahaha true true, i were paladin but i reroll mage to change a little and im still mastering the class but the boss is ridiculous, a lot of ppl on chat complaining lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RyusekiV2 View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

oh my, have you considered learning to play?
    a little lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Torghast is a combination of gear and powers. Which means you need to be looting Phantasma and not trying to speed run it. All 6 levels that are available right now are pretty easy to do, in fact probably too easy but I know more levels/wings will be available .I've cleared them with three classes so far between 135-142 iLvL, all from what I got leveling and a dungeon or two. I've had two other friends clear them with other classes that I haven't ran and they said they had no issues.

The other thing is on some of the bosses you need to actually perform mechanics instead of trying to brute force your way through it and hope it will hit 0 before you do.

Also, you need to remember the higher you the go the harder it needs to be since you will be skipping levels later on and collecting the rewards from the lower levels.
    yeah, i really do mechanics, i frozen the mothfker, aoe the adds to slow.. the problem is 320k hp and he hit like a truck..
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, normally i don't do the whole "git gud" crap but in this case that's probably the only proper answer.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm sorry, normally i don't do the whole "git gud" crap but in this case that's probably the only proper answer.
    To be fair, if this is the boss I'm thinking, Wowhead page is full of people having trouble with it. I was able to kill it first try with crappy powers but I'm BM hunter so it shouldnt count too much.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=...synod#comments

It does seem to be a bit overtuned. At the very least the run is super easy before getting to the boss so the difficulty is unexpected.

I'm trying to get one of my non hybrid dps to max so I can see the "difficult" torghast everyones talking about. On a resto druid with feral affinity it was nearly faceroll until the last boss where i skipped almost all the trash so i pretty much had no traits.

And i'm getting the feeling that's the problem. Instead of trying to clear out as much as you can to get the traits you'll need to drop the bosses, some of you are just gunning for the stairs and moving through it as fast as you can. And yeah, that's going to make it harder when you reach the end.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    They definitely scale with ilvl as rewards went up for me as I improved my gear. World quest gear is currently ilvl 164 for me. My char is somewhere around ilvl 170. Don't know what the max will be though, as the last expansions had a cut off where world quest gear couldn't scale any higher.

It looks like most people in this thread don't know enough about how Torghast works. Everyone's run is different. The end boss is a dps race.

Yep, you got screwed on RNG. I had a boss in layer 2 that had 100k more hp than one on layer 3, and if the RNG gods don't give you juicy damage buffs with the RNG run you'll have a bad time with it. You can try the other wing and get a far easier boss then come back and get a completely different run.