Poll: Will Alleria become corrupted?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It seems like that would undermine her character's point.
    "The one person to stave off the whispers and who spawns a cult following that also has to contend with the whispers, also falls prey to the whispers like countless others before.".

I mean it's not impossible, but at this point it just makes the introduction of both her and her void elves more than a little curious, if not downright redundant due to us having seen this story repeat so often.

Thus i believe she will remain the inverse of the common trope, at least for a while: The all-corrupting power resisted, for once.

Also it'd be weird to keep the void elves around if she succumbs to the void already.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

She's probably one of the blandest character of WoW so far, from her few apparitions. She's nothing more than a Deus Ex Machina and nothing wrong will ever happen to her, she's probably Anduin's balance. Perfection, but on the Void side. She will single-handedly defeat the Void Lords, that's what I get from the current writing. They can't have her succumb to Void's whispers, we already had that story too many times, but this time it's about a character no one cares about.

We'll probably continue to suffer having a useless Alleria 99% of the time, then appearing from thin air in a dramatic situation to save the universe every now and then, then pops back to where she came from, and we'll go on with our universe-ending adventures.

I was really hoping for a great character when she was "re-introduced" in Legion, but in the end she's just perfectly useless, and it seems guaranteed her powers won't make sense in the near future. She'll be controlling Void Lords and outsmart them as if they were random minions.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I mean I think the fact Jaina couldn't open a portal to outside the Maw was trying to get across the idea portals don't work.
    Jaina is just a paltry wizard. Smart, powerful, but just a wizard. Meanwhile Alleria has the powers of two Void Demi-gods within herself.

The Void portals that the Ren'dorei open are inter-dimensional. Alleria opened one from the Void to Lordaeron. Umbric opened one from the Ghostlands to the Void. Random NPCs open one from Zuldazar to the Void. It is the most powerful teleportation magic in the cosmos. Do not presume it would not work just because the Maw is in a different dimension.

They should have brought her just for her knowledge really. Who knows Sylvanas better than her own fucking sister?

The only reason why they didn't include Alleria is probably because her VA was occupied or something. And I can respect that, No problem. But it was still a stupid decision not to rely on her. ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE WAS LITERALLY THERE AT THE FROZEN THRONE.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    alright, Void Elf equivalent for Leonid Barholomew and Judkins, when
    Definitely something to look forward to. Though for now I'd say the void elves aren't quite a messed up as even pre-Cata forsaken were.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

In Exploring Azeroth, Mathias reveals that he is keeping a close eye on Alleria. He doesn't trust her at all. He also recalls her words that "Silvermoon will stand again on the side of the Alliance". He is not sure if this is just her desire, the Void whispered to her, or she saw it in one of her visions. So, yeah. Something is definitely going to happen to Alleria, and it will affect Silvermoon to some extent. Or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    In Exploring Azeroth, Mathias reveals that he is keeping a close eye on Alleria. He doesn't trust her at all. He also recalls her words that "Silvermoon will stand again on the side of the Alliance". He is not sure if this is just her desire, the Void whispered to her, or she saw it in one of her visions. So, yeah. Something is definitely going to happen to Alleria, and it will affect Silvermoon to some extent. Or maybe not.
    Shaw... what an idiot. How about Mathias Shaw concerns himself more with protecting his King, since one Wrynn already died because of his incompetence, and another was recently abducted.

And on what authority does he spy on Alleria Windrunner? This is an actual VIOLATION of Alliance law. Alleria is not a subordinate of Anduin, she's an independent allied leader. Shaw just went rogue. He can't spy on an allied member, that's forbidden, and I'm sure Anduin will punish him severely for his transgression, especially since Anduin is quite cooperative with Alleria's methods. It's as if Stormwind sent spies to monitor the Council of Three Hammers, it's inadmissible. Has Shaw forgotten that it's an ALLIANCE, not the Empire of Stormwind? Alleria is in no way required to answer to Anduin or SI:7 for any of her actions. He's going to pay.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-25 at 05:48 PM.

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Shaw... what an idiot. How about Mathias Shaw concerns himself more with protecting his King, since one Wrynn already died because of his incompetence, and another was recently abducted.
    his incompetence also caused the burning of Teldrassil
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

his incompetence also caused the burning of Teldrassil
    > The Legion annihilates the Alliance and Horde army, including Varian Wrynn himself, because of Shaw's incompetence.

Shaw: I sleep.

> Sylvanas lays waste to the night elf lands and destroys Teldrassil because of Shaw's incompetence.

> Anduin Wrynn himself is abducted literally in the heart of Stormwind because Shaw was doing who the hell knows what.

> Alleria Windrunner hopes that Quel'Thalas will eventually rejoin the Alliance (as they ALMOST did in MoP):

Shaw: NOW THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT! TIME TO DEVOTE MY FULL ATTENTION TO THIS CASE!

Someone fire this fool please...

Alleria Windrunner hopes that Quel'Thalas will eventually rejoin the Alliance (as they ALMOST did in MoP):

Shaw: NOW THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT! TIME TO DEVOTE MY FULL ATTENTION TO THIS CASE!
    Tbf as a spy master he is wise to keep an eye on a void-user, because historically Stormwind suffered greatly from them. Besides, he doesn't know her at all, which is also why he doesn't trust her. In the chapter about the Valley of Heroes, he mentions how she and Turalyon returned to Azeroth as completely different people, which is true.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Tbf as a spy master he is wise to keep an eye on a void-user, because historically Stormwind suffered greatly from them. Besides, he doesn't know her at all, which is also why he doesn't trust her. In the chapter about the Valley of Heroes, he mentions how she and Turalyon returned to Azeroth as completely different people, which is true.
    How many times must Alleria prove her worth to the Alliance?

- She brought the Ren'dorei into the Alliance -> Magister Umbric later on played a pivotal role in besieging Zuldazar (turning point of the Fourth War);
    - She teleported herself, her army, Gelbin, and his army to the Battle of Lordaeron and saved Anduin and his army who were surrounded by the Horde;
    - She spear-headed the operation to track down Sylvanas Windrunner as Anduin requested.

Meanwhile, what has Shaw accomplished in all his years of service? He has failed the Alliance again and again, and is now acting on his own volition. Anduin would NEVER tell him to spy on Alleria, because he trusts her. Her methods might be slightly questionable to some, but she is proving to be a great and vital asset to the Alliance.

Also, does the book take place before or after Shadowlands? Because now that Turalyon is acting Regent of Stormwind (and Alleria is actively aiding him in rebuilding the Alliance), he is Shaw's boss. And something tells me Turalyon won't approve of Shaw spying on Alleria for literally no reason. Especially since that is a clear transgression of Alliance law. Then again, Shaw doesn't seem to hold much respect for Turalyon either.

Mathias Shaw is starting to vex me greatly. First he questions Turalyon's ability to rule (even though he was literally the Supreme Commander of the Alliance during a critical point of its history), then he illegally spies on Alleria because "she wields the Void, so she's evil" (Anduin himself can use the Void LMAO)... someone needs to put him in his place, before he starts some internal tensions. The Alliance CANNOT afford that.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-25 at 08:57 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    She's probably one of the blandest character of WoW so far, from her few apparitions. She's nothing more than a Deus Ex Machina and nothing wrong will ever happen to her, she's probably Anduin's balance. Perfection, but on the Void side. She will single-handedly defeat the Void Lords, that's what I get from the current writing. They can't have her succumb to Void's whispers, we already had that story too many times, but this time it's about a character no one cares about.

We'll probably continue to suffer having a useless Alleria 99% of the time, then appearing from thin air in a dramatic situation to save the universe every now and then, then pops back to where she came from, and we'll go on with our universe-ending adventures.

I was really hoping for a great character when she was "re-introduced" in Legion, but in the end she's just perfectly useless, and it seems guaranteed her powers won't make sense in the near future. She'll be controlling Void Lords and outsmart them as if they were random minions.
    At least Alleria gurl gets to do something, unlike Vereesa who has done literally nothing in-game, aside from being Jaina's head goon during the purge of Dalaran.

Still I think that the correct amount of Windrunners should be 0. Anything more than that, and it's either redundant or cringey.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    No she won't. She is too boring for that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Considering how creatively bankrupt they are and how they seem to like using the 'Kerrigan' formula for every badass female character they have, I'm sure it'll eventually come to that.

I mean look at what they're doing with Tyrande even now.
    What is this Kerrigan formula and what meme garbage can was it dragged out of?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Still I think that the correct amount of Windrunners should be 0. Anything more than that, and it's either redundant or cringey.
    hey at least Arator is good
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    hey at least Arator is good
    As the blood mage hero from WC3 says: "For now..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    The "garbage can" is called SC2, so if you have played it, you certainly know what the Kerrigan formula is. If you haven't, I suggest reading the wiki or any other online briefing of the story.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    As the blood mage hero from WC3 says: "For now..."

- - - Updated - - -

The "garbage can" is called SC2, so if you have played it, you certainly know what the Kerrigan formula is. If you haven't, I suggest reading the wiki or any other online briefing of the story.
    I've played and beaten all the Starcraft games. What points do they really have in common?

5+ Year Old Account
    I've played and beaten all the Starcraft games. What points do they really have in common?
    Judging by your posts, you're so smart and witty that I will leave it for you to find out.

I have no idea. "Kerrigan 2.0" is used around here as an "umbrella" term that means nothing. According to the people who use that term, any woman who "looks evil", but "could secretly be good", is immediately compared to Kerrigan. Honestly, I doubt 99% of the people who use that term even played SC2.

I mean, some people here compare Sylvanas to Kerrigan even though they barely have anything in common in terms of personality and motivations.

Alleria Windrunner and Kerrigan certainly have very little in common in terms of personality. Alleria wants to bend the Void to her will and become its master, and is willing to offer teachings to others who share her ideals. Kerrigan is not interested in any of that. She never shows any desire to "control the fundamental powers of the cosmos" or "use the powers of the gods as a weapon".
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-27 at 05:00 PM.

Boy, every day I watch into this thread its always this guy who wrote last.

Like you are literally the biggest uber-simp I have ever seen on any wow forums for a Character. Even the Sylvanas simps cant compete with you.
    And the worst, you simp for a Character that is more an empty-shell rather then an actuall good character.
    Your obsession is for sure not healthy, specially when I see how you bash on Sylvanas and her lore, Im really curious what will happen to you when the time comes and the deff gonna do Alleria 1:1 like they did Sylvanas.
    Because thats a 100% gonna happen thing. She will end up going crazy

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-11-27 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Badass Female character gets introduced, later becomes corrupted (or chooses a dark path) and is given dark/edgy super powers, and becomes hellbent on revenge, usually later growing a thirst for power/domination.

They mainly used it on Sylvanas, but you can see them now applying this to other characters like Alleria and Tyrande.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, some people here compare Sylvanas to Kerrigan even though they barely have anything in common in terms of personality and motivations.
    Kerrigan formula was a thing before SC2. Warcraft 3 was already giving Sylvanas the Kerrigan treatment 6 years before SC2 was even a thing, and that's not where the term would apply. TBF, I don't know why other people are even mentioning SC2, that entire plot was just... better left forgotten.

SC1 Kerrigan is the origin of the term, since it was one of the first big 'character twists' that Blizzard is now generally known for doing.

At the root of it all, the motivations are very similar - Revenge leading to power hunger after a void is left from a fallen super-power. For Kerrigan it was vengeance against Mengsk, and gaining power after the death of the Overmind, for Sylvanas it was vengeance against Arthas, and gaining power after the Lich King lost power over the Forsaken.