Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[UI] TKUI - Clean and minimal ElvUI Edit

TKUI is an external edit of ElvUI - a customized layout including some unique features. Currently optimized for 1440p displays.

Currently Under Beta testing, please provide bug reports and feedback!

-Unique Clean/Minimal Text-Focused Layout
    -Custom Text-Based Nameplates
    -Custom Rectangle Masque Action Bar Skin
    -Clean Details Design w/ Minimal Texture

Last edited by Teekey; 2020-12-26 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks Teekey! Glad to see it in its own thread now. I was also considering recommending a Discord. What do you think?

It somehow fixed itself after a couple of relogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepaws View Post
    Hey, I'm absolutely loving this UI, keep up the great work! I do appear to be having some issues with the nameplates though. I just updated from the previous version and now it just says [enemynpc] on the nameplate instead of how your nameplates are showing in the gif. It's the same both in and out of combat, and remains the same even after removing my WTF folder and reinstalling it.

imgur. com/a/UcRiTFw
    Last edited by Littlepaws; 2020-11-23 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Issue fixed itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepaws View Post
    Hey, I'm absolutely loving this UI, keep up the great work! I do appear to be having some issues with the nameplates though. I just updated from the previous version and now it just says [enemynpc] on the nameplate instead of how your nameplates are showing in the gif. It's the same both in and out of combat, and remains the same even after removing my WTF folder and reinstalling it.

imgur. com/a/UcRiTFw
    Apologies! I changed the names of the tags for the UI.

For enemy NPCs the name should now be: [TKUI:RaidMarker][TKUI:EnemyNPC]

You can change it manually - however if you run the TKUI installer again (ElvUI->TKUI-Install) it should replace them.

The party frames aren't showing icons. For lead, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post

The party frames aren't showing icons. For lead, etc...
    I changed the Tags. So you'll need to run the installer again. You may also have to manually delete the older Custom Text/Tags for the different frames.

Hi, using the ui now and with update I have this problem it seems.

https: //gyazo.com/ 44fb28c383d6505fc40e999a92388104

how can adjust the spacing of the text? cause the other spacing is changing the bars itself I think?
    Thanks in advance

Hey there, when testing the ui i also found the problem that the health percentage is not aligning well in party. as you can see in the picture above the values are all way higher then the bars. is there a way to fix this in the installer? tried to do it more then once with using the installer again but nothing helped. Thanks in advance

TKUI.Beta.9.0.2.3 Uploaded!

-Added Boss and Arena Unitframe support

-Removed ElvUF Player Health Bar. Replaces w/ Data Panel

Preview:

(Essentially, the action bar background now only servers as the cast bar)

-Changed Status "Icons"

-Standardized Fonts

-Minor tweaks to layouts

-Added Optional Power Text.

Note: Re-run the installer and manually disable any extra Custom Texts on unitframes.

Quote Originally Posted by orphizz View Post
    Hey there, when testing the ui i also found the problem that the health percentage is not aligning well in party. as you can see in the picture above the values are all way higher then the bars. is there a way to fix this in the installer? tried to do it more then once with using the installer again but nothing helped. Thanks in advance

New version should hopefully fix that, but please let me know.

My next big goal is to automatically insert Details, Kaliel's, and Masque settings as part of the TKUI installation process. Also looking into how to spawn unit/raid frames individually so there's less complication for scaling.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2020-12-06 at 09:55 PM.

That seems hella impractical. Now say somebody calls for a cooldown. What do you do? I pray to god you don't look for the proper person using names/nameplates in the world (on the boss fight arena).

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    That seems hella impractical. Now say somebody calls for a cooldown. What do you do? I pray to god you don't look for the proper person using names/nameplates in the world (on the boss fight arena).
    I cast onto their unit frame? I don't find it that difficult to remember the general positions of a couple unit frames that are in role/alphabetical order.

The only possible confusion is when you have a large stack of the same class in the same role, whose names all start with the same letter. But that's a fairly unlikely scenario.

But thanks for your opinion.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2020-12-21 at 10:00 PM.

I've been following your ui now for quite some time and ive just discovered that you have uploaded it to curseforge.
    Sadly im not able to find it on there, sadly it says file not found on your link. (been trying to look it up on google, its the same there)

Is there any other place i could download it?

This looks pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by badace View Post
    I've been following your ui now for quite some time and ive just discovered that you have uploaded it to curseforge.
    Sadly im not able to find it on there, sadly it says file not found on your link. (been trying to look it up on google, its the same there)

Is there any other place i could download it?
    I'm going to republish probably on GitHub only. One, I think it's FAR easier to push changes that way (especially since I'm still a bit of a LUA novice and always quickly find issues after I push an update); and secondly, I don't really want to be associated with Overwolf now that Curse has been sold to them. I just find them to be a bit of a scummy company based on my personal experiences.

I'll post the link once I'm on a stable version that I'm happy with for distribution.

-----

I'm still making changes to the UI. I'm not sure if the current users will all like the direction I'm going, but this has always been primarily just for my personal use - and a bonus if other people dig it too.

1. I've made the switch entirely to Barlow as the UI font, to avoid any Copyright issues. I think it's very clear and readable, with the added benefit of multiple font weights. Just a very versatile font. And free!

2. I'm moving away from ElvUI for NamePlates because, thanks to a fellow MMO-Champ user (@Coldkil), I've been able to very easily add the HP text fill to nameplates - however, it requires using Plater. I may explore using this method for the player/target/party frames as well. They won't look quite as clean as the current method using textures, but it will make them MUCH more lightweight and easily configurable (Fonts, Sizes, etc)

3. With that I'm also moving more towards an AltzUI-inspired icon cast bar rather than just a normal bar - which I'm also using for the player cast bar too.

Here's what it looks like currently:

Always open to feedback or suggestions. I don't claim to have a monopoly on good ideas and am always looking for inspiration or ways to improve the UI.

Hope everyone had a happy Chistmas and New Years! Cheers!~
    Last edited by Teekey; 2021-01-03 at 09:28 AM.

Sorry ignore me, just ready another post where you said you are not quite happy with it yet. Keep up the good work!

--

Where can you download the ui files from? The curseforge link in your other post no longer works sadly Looks great!

Can't wait for the next release, looks solid. Only feedback I can provide is that it looks like your minimap is clipping through the bottom bar so it might need to be bumped up a bit but that's a minor thing.

Nice to see my code helped make you go ahead with your project! Hope to see more of it.

Makes me remeber 2011 when elvui was basically an oUF layout and i was learning the 101 of lua!

One tip many people tend to oversee: fonts. Choose one and stick with that, makes a lot to give your UI more consistency. You may use two if you have to deal with very different sizes but try to find something that blends well.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-01-06 at 04:41 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    One tip many people tend to oversee: fonts. Choose one and stick with that, makes a lot to give your UI more consistency. You may use two if you have to deal with very different sizes but try to find something that blends well.

Only different fonts should be the very small texts using a pixel font, because most regular fonts aren't very readable that small IMO.

Been swamped at work, but I think I have a (mostly) stable Beta version for people to use. Will now be officially hosted on GitHub and Wago.io:

https://github.com/Teekey/TKUI

https://addons.wago.io/addons/tkui

For support, reporting bugs, or suggesting features - can join a Discord channel I set up here: https://discord.gg/q7MyZaCGU3

Here's an idea of what it's looking like right now:

Some changes that have been made in this version:

- Have basically transitioned to absolutely no health/power bars. Cast bars are icon/border-based for player/target and nameplates.

- Buffs and Debuffs now use border as the duration bar.

- Party and Raid frames no longer have any bars and now have player names. Buffs and Debuffs are tracked using border-durations on party/raid frames (via WeakAura).

In the works:
    - Adding profile data for additional addons within the installer (Kaliel's, Details, NamplateSCT, Plater, etc)
    - Working on making my WeakAuras easy to use and highly customizable for both Personal tracking, and Party/Raid tracking.
    - Adding more customization options for the Health (scaling, spacing, etc.)
    - Add (better) Boss and Arena frame integration.
    - Cleaning up small bugs and minor issues.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2021-03-08 at 05:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that looks really good Teekay! I currently stopped playing retail and switched to classic after the TBC news, but if I played retail I'd be using that in an instant! Kinda wish I could use it in classic!