Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidan View Post
    Yup, got disconnected. Now I can't log back in.
    saaaaame duuuuuude - gl gl gl
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    . No company wants to launch a product and have the general opinion be 'Release date on the 23rd? I guess they mean on the 30th when I can actually login lol'
    Why not? It worked for them this far. We’re all still here. I’m sure they have crunched the numbers and determined that a few loud people on this forum doesn’t detere the majority of the players from still p(l)aying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    To top it off, your entire server is going to be dogpiled in to one zone
    lol yep. Generally why it'll be c'ya new expansion...on Wednesday....for me. Just how I prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Make that the 25th. BFA also was unplayable for me on release day, barely playable next day, and pretty good two days after. Same for Mists. Legion was the one launch that went completely, 100% smooth for some reason.

The bigger problem this time is funneling literally everyone in a single scenario and then a linear set of zones; no xpack has done that since TBC. There's no avoiding a lagfest in these conditions.
    Was pretty fun reading Ion talking about how sharding will fix it. EU-Kazzak world server has been down for 3 hours already making log in impossible, and everyone logged in have 1000ms and 50% packet loss.

Nine game launches and who knows how many huge content patches...how do they not know how to handle a huge influx of players by now?
    10 launches and loads of patches. how do people not know that this is going to happen?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like if that was all it took, they would shell out for extras easily. No company wants to launch a product and have the general opinion be 'Release date on the 23rd? I guess they mean on the 30th when I can actually login lol'
    Too many people playing on potato's with potato internet. I'm 2k km away from my nearest server and I haven't experienced a bad launch or patch since WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have to take the Rona in to consideration too. I have no doubt that paired with the fact that this has more hype than BfA it might be quite chaotic.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Was pretty fun reading Ion talking about how sharding will fix it. EU-Kazzak world server has been down for 3 hours already making log in impossible, and everyone logged in have 1000ms and 50% packet loss.
    Blizzard probably knows things will blow up for a day or two and they likely don't care much, it happens every time (except that one time) and only produces forum natter for like 3-4 days before most everyone forgets about the lag the instant they can actually play the thing.

I'll consider myself lucky if I set foot in Bastion today since I gotta go to sleep at 10 PM EST. I took Wednesday off so I can be reasonably certain that I'll actually get to play somewhat smoothly.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    As is explained every expansion launch; they know. They just aren’t going to pay for extra servers and bandwidth for a few hours to days of high pop issues.
    Why not? They implemented sharding, so it is easy to order some virtual boxes in the cloud to handle load and then drop them back next week? Some services even do that automatically without human intervention, depending on the load.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Was attacking Stormwind then got a DC.
    Cant log in now anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit, almost made it in. Got the bar full and even heard a sound effect. Maybe this time. Next expansion I'm starting clean on a brand new low pop server and Area-52 can suck my dick, assuming it will be the longest, most intense blowjob of my life considering how long it takes that server to get a load.

can log but i can't see my characters, annoying as hell

t minus 30 seconds, amazing start
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    First time?
    no kidding. At the very least queues are to be expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaand I missed the launch. Fantastic.

This is getting fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Working for me though. Waited outside Org till the quest popped up

10+ Year Old Account
    oof, you were already in and got kicked? That's horrible.
    Yup I was online like since two hours ago I thought I was prepared but no...

I feel like if that was all it took, they would shell out for extras easily. No company wants to launch a product and have the general opinion be 'Release date on the 23rd? I guess they mean on the 30th when I can actually login lol'
    But why would they? You will still pay and play. Nobody is going to quit the game because the servers are broken for 3 days after launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    fix your fucking broken game blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.