Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is reminding me of Diablo III's launch.

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Companies that make live service games really need to start putting an asterisk next to release dates if they have no intention of making sure their servers can handle the load.
    Consumer protection laws like "full refund + keep copy of game if not connected within 2 hrs of go live time" would probably go a long way.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Illidan is still down AFAIK. Nobody from my friends list is online yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    He said it at Blizzcon this past year, I believe. He was asked about the constant server issues (like with WPVP) and he said they're constantly working on the server issues but that they "have the best tech in the world" so its not a matter of hardware, I guess is what he was saying?
    120 vs 120 world pvp (while fighting a world boss) is more the scenario he was referring to. Too many calculations going on.

They need to hard limit the number of people in a shard. Even if you join a raid group with someone in that shard. More than 20 people? Sorry. Can't join that raid group. Too bad!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Illidan is still down AFAIK. Nobody from my friends list is online yet.
    With sharding there is really no excuse at all for servers impacting this sort of thing.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    What level are y'all on? Level 3 here

Level 1) Stuck on main login screen
    Level 2) Stuck on black character select screen
    Level 3) DC after full loading bar
    Level 4) Logged in then DC'd when entering Stormwind/Orgrimmar
    Level 5) Actually started playing Shadowlands
    Step 3, my friend.

I'm getting so much work done.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Nine game launches and who knows how many huge content patches...how do they not know how to handle a huge influx of players by now?
    "Years and years and years of driving on this road, and I still get stuck in rush hour traffic twice a day. You'd think after all this time, they'd learn to design roads better."

Expansion launches are what they are, champ. You don't like it? Wait a few days to play.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarius View Post
    I've been trying to log in to this game for the past 3 hours. THREE. HOURS.

How on earth have Blizzard allowed this to happen? Back in the TBC/WOTLK days you can understand the tech limitations - there is absolutely no good reason for it in this day in age. Legion launch was good, BFA launch was pretty decent as well.

I'm giving it another hour, otherwise i'm refunding this game. I refuse to pay for this level of incompetence.
    Imagine when you try to buy it again 3 days later because if withdrawal and blizzard say no. When that happens please make a thread about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Neither internet speed nor computer graphics card impacts how well Blizzard's auth server works.

But you don't know the difference between possessive and plural, so this will likely exceed your comprehension as well.
    Sorry for the late reply. I was busy playing the game? How's that black screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The problem does exist, and it's only the beginning. There is also zero acknowledgment or any announcement from blizzard, which makes them look very stupid when majority players experiencing same problems. Blizzard is cowering in corner that they sales will hurt if they admit to a problem.

After an hour I can finally log on. So seems to be improving

Blizzard fix this please it seems every expansion launch there is always a connection issues

I think you guys are forgetting a couple of things.

1. We're in the middle of a pandemic. EVERYONE in the world is working and going to school remotely, which means more of an impact than ever before on the servers. People who would normally stagger their workdays or school days were all available at launch time. It's hard to predict what type of impact that will have on the servers.

2. Blizzard is also working remotely, or at reduced capacity at the office. We saw the expansion delayed because of this, there is a huge chance the launch is being impacted by this as well. In addition, Covid can also impact staffing.

Have a little patience. This isn't our first rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think it's the second most populated US server after Illidan. I'm there as well and had absolutely no illusion today would go smoothly.
    Illidan is 3rd now. Stormrage #1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    lol, a 16 year old game still having issues on launch when I had no issues at all nor did any when Cata came out with OVER 12.1MILLION subs back then vs prob what 1/4th now hell on mmo-c.com here most of you say wow has less than 1M players so.. gtfo with this whole "Oh its launch" when you're also saying how dead the game is lolo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Ill was WAY MORE constant players than stormrage could ever dream, you're looking at alts on wowprogress, that's nothing vs how many active players are on Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol im waiting till tomorrow to play SL. I'm in no rush or anything. Just plan on enjoying my monk this expansion at my own pace this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Regardless, Area 52 is a huge server with tons of progression-minded players- the exact kind of people who log in the second the expansion starts. It was one of the last servers to crawl back to life when 9.0 dropped. Launch will be no different.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless, Area 52 is a huge server with tons of progression-minded players- the exact kind of people who log in the second the expansion starts. It was one of the last servers to crawl back to life when 9.0 dropped. Launch will be no different.
    And exactly why I'm fucking off to a low pop server next expansion. I wanted to start a fresh batch of toons anyway. Anyone wanna recommend their server? Eastern Time Zone Horde, plz.

I know. Area 52 is my current server. I haven't been able to play Shadowlands yet.

Area 52 here. Haven't been able to get on since clicking ICC portal at launch.

Why Blizzard hasn't put a login queue in place is dumbfounding to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played some RDR2 and came back 2 hours later. Can't get in, but at least now it's giving me a 'character not found' and booting me back to the character select screen, and not disconnecting me entirely. It's a start!