Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Server Issues Already?

Anyone else experiencing a huge login time? Figured it wouldn't start until the expansion proper, but as of 5:30 PM Eastern I can't even log in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anyone else experiencing a huge login time? Figured it wouldn't start until the expansion proper, but as of 5:30 PM Eastern I can't even log in.
    Well it's a safe assumption there's a huge amount of people logging on at once.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Yup, got disconnected. Now I can't log back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Listy View Post
    oof, you were already in and got kicked? That's horrible.

i sat in org for 3 hours and just d/ced now stuck on loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Listy View Post
    Same here. Can't log in to my character who is in Spires of Arak. Illidan US btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Nine game launches and who knows how many huge content patches...how do they not know how to handle a huge influx of players by now?

Unfortunately portalling into Stormwind seems impossible atm.

16 years of experience from Blizz, still can't launch an expansion. Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Same here. Can't log in to my character who is in Spires of Arak. Illidan US btw
    I was in frostfire ridge on an alt. I'm also on Illidan US.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, if I mange to log in, where should I go? As in, where does the expansion intro quest start? Icecrown?

Quote Originally Posted by JacobMarley View Post

See if you can fly there. Let us know if it works

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i sat in org for 3 hours and just d/ced now stuck on loading screen.
    Feelsbadman =/

Nine game launches and who knows how many huge content patches...how do they not know how to handle a huge influx of players by now?
    My dad has been running an online store for 10 years, he STILL can't foresee every single thing that'll cause an issue from one time to another, there's server issues, website issues, coding issues etc etc... He once had an issue back in 2010, that then came back all of a sudden in 2019.

I can only imagine what it's like in a huge project like WoW.

Gonna go to bed, this happening NOW, 24 minutes prior to launch, doesn't get my hopes up that it'll be stable tonight.

Yep. They booted out thousands/millions of people who had been sitting in Org for 4+ hours, who are all trying to log back in now.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

To top it off, your entire server is going to be dogpiled in to one zone

As is explained every expansion launch; they know. They just aren’t going to pay for extra servers and bandwidth for a few hours to days of high pop issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobMarley View Post

It's business basics. What's the point of investing in servers and tech if the peak happens once every two or so years? People will moan for a few days and then everything will be back to normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    As is explained every expansion launch; they know. They just aren’t going to pay for extra servers and bandwidth for a few hours to days of high pop issues.
    I feel like if that was all it took, they would shell out for extras easily. No company wants to launch a product and have the general opinion be 'Release date on the 23rd? I guess they mean on the 30th when I can actually login lol'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    See if you can fly there. Let us know if it works
    I used my MoP Challenger portal to Scarlet Halls and flew there. Worked like a charm.

I feel like if that was all it took, they would shell out for extras easily. No company wants to launch a product and have the general opinion be 'Release date on the 23rd? I guess they mean on the 30th when I can actually login lol'
    Make that the 25th. BFA also was unplayable for me on release day, barely playable next day, and pretty good two days after. Same for Mists. Legion was the one launch that went completely, 100% smooth for some reason.

The bigger problem this time is funneling literally everyone in a single scenario and then a linear set of zones; no xpack has done that since TBC. There's no avoiding a lagfest in these conditions.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.