Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Lol, that's the one silver lining of it releasing in the middle of the night over here, if it ain't working, one can just go to sleep.
    Except if you tried to outsmart the system and wake up at release time. Now I'm here, sipping my coffee and playing the waiting game.

25 mins since launch, dc'd twice and spent most of that time looking at an empty character screen.

Anyone member how flawless cata launch was?
    Ya know, a decade ago.......
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If they wouldn't be prepared, it would be like vanilla which was basically unplayable for the first month or so.

Still, I'm curious as to why Legion launched that smoothly. It's not just my experience, I recall several people saying it went quite well for them.
    Indeed.

And people often cite the fact that everyone was sent into different areas in Legion, but everyone still had to go through the login and initial questline before they ran out and picked their starting zones/got artifact quests.

Maybe there was a big difference in the number of players trying to play at launch, considering WoD before it...

Either way, sure hope it'll be sorted 10 hours from now. Sucks missing the launch hour, but I'm used to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CylomDashti View Post
    Except if you tried to outsmart the system and wake up at release time. Now I'm here, sipping my coffee and playing the waiting game.
    Ouch... Well, at least you can enjoy that coffee. :P

I logged in just fine on EU right now. But dont worry, SL will be around for 2 years!

"Dear old dad" runs the website =/= His, there's a rather big company behind it, actually.

Not that throwing money at a problem can solve it indefinitely/prevent every issue that can arise. If there was such a way, we'd never experience any issues ever.
    Regardless of who owns the website, dear old dad is the one who, as you said, is running it and fixing it's problems. Not a full team from a company worth 6.5 BILLION dollars. And whereas throwing money at a problem can't solve every problem every time, it can solve a fucking lot of them. It's also not as if this isn't they haven't had experience with similar issues in the past, so this doesn't fall under the purview of "unforeseeable problems". This is, as someone else has mentioned, their 9th expansion launch for the game.
    Last edited by TheRainman; 2020-11-23 at 11:37 PM.

When is Blizzard going to learn how to create stable servers? Every single expansion this shit happens. It feels like they're just trolling players at this point.

Indeed.

And people often cite the fact that everyone was sent into different areas in Legion, but everyone still had to go through the login and initial questline before they ran out and picked their starting zones/got artifact quests.

Maybe there was a big difference in the number of players trying to play at launch, considering WoD before it...

Either way, sure hope it'll be sorted 10 hours from now. Sucks missing the launch hour, but I'm used to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch... Well, at least you can enjoy that coffee. :P
    Yeah, BfA split the players into even more zones but the authentication servers still blew up. I do agree that being preceded by WoD likely diminished the initial influx of players, whereas Legion's popularity did not help BFA on that front.

Oh well. I'll go back to playing other games, check from time to time, and hopefully the game will be stable after work tomorrow considering the maintenance and such.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Yup takes a long time before my characters show up then i can log in but once the bar is almost full i get a DC.
    Same here. My main is parked in Zuldazar, am I SOL?

Companies that make live service games really need to start putting an asterisk next to release dates if they have no intention of making sure their servers can handle the load.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Regardless of who owns the website, dear old dad is the one who, as you said, is running it and fixing it's problems. Not a full team from a company worth 6.5 BILLION dollars. And whereas throwing money at a problem can't solve every problem every time, it can solve a fucking lot of them. It's also not as if this isn't they haven't had experneice with similar issues in the past, so this doesn't fall under the purview of "unforeseeable problems". This is, as someone else has mentioned, their 9th expansion launch for the game.
    True that, but at this point one should know deep in their heart that they're gonna fuck up once again, expecting a smooth launch at this point is pure madness. This waiting game is good only if you have tons of patience, weed or alcohol.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kazzak is completely dead fml
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    And then he goes "HOWEVER.... i kinda liked it" as always and begins sucking Blizzard's D... as always
    Well thats a given, but its still funny!

What level are y'all on? Level 3 here

Level 1) Stuck on main login screen
    Level 2) Stuck on black character select screen
    Level 3) DC after full loading bar
    Level 4) Logged in then DC'd when entering Stormwind/Orgrimmar
    Level 5) Actually started playing Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    As someone who works in IT. Shit happens man. No matter how much prep you do and think things will be smooth shit inevitably happens. The best you can expect is that downtime will be short when/if it happens.
    Sorry i'm not accepting that. I also work in IT. Yes shit happens, especially in low invested firms without much infrastructure. Blizzard have had years to sort this out, and they've proven that they can do it when there is a desire to - look at BFA/Legion launches. This is gross incompetence, with not even a forum post to update players. This is not excusable in any way, shape or form for a service you're paying for.

Take a look at the official forums and twitter. This isn't 1-2 servers, this is across the board and worldwide.

Area 52 is completely dead, can't say I'm surprised just dissapointed
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Regardless of who owns the website, dear old dad is the one who, as you said, is running it and fixing it's problems. Not a full team from a company worth 6.5 BILLION dollars. And whereas throwing money at a problem can't solve every problem every time, it can solve a fucking lot of them. It's also not as if this isn't they haven't had experience with similar issues in the past, so this doesn't fall under the purview of "unforeseeable problems". This is, as someone else has mentioned, their 9th expansion launch for the game.
    And if they could avoid having players throw tantrums by ensuring a flawless lunch, they would.

But they can't, despite their billions. No amount of outrage will ever change that. Same principer as when my dad is forced to listen to customers unwilling to see reason and hold off until he fixes the site issues, albeit on a smaller scale.

Not much else to it, no reason to take offense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Same here. My main is parked in Zuldazar, am I SOL?
    My main is parked in Tanaris and I couldnt login. Servers go brrr.

Got ingame now :P, server Dreanor.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Area 52 is completely dead, can't say I'm surprised just dissapointed
    I think it's the second most populated US server after Illidan. I'm there as well and had absolutely no illusion today would go smoothly.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    people need to stop with this armchair expert wannabie opinions,ion said they have THE BEST tech on the market,he legaly cant lie about that,they also have some of the best talent working for them,but at the end of the day things like this cant be helped with quality or experience,its the limitations of the tech that exists,also wow is really really old,that doesnt help....

you may be mistaking wow with some other crap 10000 player games you have played,wow has milions of people trying to log in at the same time
    I agree with you 99%.

On the other hand, limit shards to 5 people. I don't give a shit if it makes the game look empty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    What level are y'all on? Level 3 here

Level 1) Stuck on main login screen
    Level 2) Stuck on black character select screen
    Level 3) DC after full loading bar
    Level 4) Logged in then DC'd when entering Stormwind/Orgrimmar
    Level 5) Actually started playing Shadowlands
    At this point almost my whole bnet friends list is showing Oribus. Most of them weren't on until an hour less before launch.

I camped out all day and can't get on. They need a priority system, first come first served.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.